January 23, 201511 yr With DePaul tied for 1st on January 22nd I can no longer take your league serious. They have more wins this season than they did in their entire stay in the league before the split. I tried. DePaul tied for 1st. Sorry bro...
January 23, 201511 yr DePaul is horrible. The last time they actually won a tournament game, it was because they had the uncommon good fortune to get paired against the walking meltdowns known as the Dayton Flyers. Good Lord I miss Ollie Purnell...
January 23, 201511 yr ..... You embarrassed yourself on Twitter tonight. Honestly. Journalist? Comical. DePaul won't finish 1st, but if they do, good for them. I'm finished with you, of that I can assure you.
January 23, 201511 yr Author ..... You embarrassed yourself on Twitter tonight. Honestly. Journalist? Comical. DePaul won't finish 1st, but if they do, good for them. I'm finished with you, of that I can assure you. What did I say on Twitter tonight that wasn't 100% accurate? DePaul is now 11-9 on the season with wins over X, St John's and Seton Hall. They lost to Lehigh, Illinois St, Ohio, GW, LMU, OreSt and Colorado. Their 5 wins in the league are more than they had combined before the split. That is right. 4 wins in 7 years. Sorry, but I miss what I grew up with, and that was LONG before UC joined the league. DePaul sharing first is an embarrassment, but it symbolic of what the league has become. Keep fighting the good fight I suppose. Unfortunate to lose a great friendship calling out what a once historic league has become. Your choice, I guess...
January 23, 201511 yr Author And you are really going to take a personal shot at me as a professional? Unfortunate. I'd never do that to you...
January 23, 201511 yr Author Reality is the league should have ditched the name and started over at the split. They paid HUGE money to always be compared to a past they will never match. I still blame football for the most part, but staying the Big East will haunt this new formation for a long time. And it should...
January 23, 201511 yr ...... Let me just excuse myself from this tomfoolery by summarizing your rant last night: * The 2nd best league in America, one that will land between 5-7 bids, is awful. * They are awful because a team that used to be a laughingstock, now has a kid the caliber of which they haven't had for YEARS, and they put together 3 good weeks. * Because you grew up romanticizing Georgetown / Syracuse, the league that 7 members from the OLD Big East created when left by the side of the road for football, can't use the same name. * By the way, this all occurred 2 years ago, yet you're just too shaken up about it to let it go. * And...my personal favorite...this has nothing to do with YOUR FAVORITE program being relegated to the AAC with three other nice programs and a bunch of dung. Perfectly cogent argument, your right. Because we've been friends for 14 years I can say this to you: you're better than this. It is transparent. If someone was coming at you with the above on this site you would emasculate them and bury them in a barrage of posts ending with (....). Have a good Friday and a great weekend. Good luck to UC on Sunday and the rest of the way. I'm sure I'll see you on Monday the 16th at Skyline downtown.
January 23, 201511 yr Author You honestly think the Big East is the 2nd best league with the support of a dated and easily manipulated metric, and I'm accused of tomfoolery? Right. Cleveland Melvin was one of the best all around players in the league for 3 years and DePaul couldn't win a game. I'm not the one with a poor argument here...
January 23, 201511 yr Author And let's just ignore DePaul going 6-7 OOC with Ls to Lehigh, Ohio and Illinois St...
January 23, 201511 yr GT - your tweets came across poorly unless your goal was to come across as UC Fan Boy/UC Message Board guy. It reeked of "let me take shots at Xavier without actually mentioning Xavier." You say you miss the good ol' days of Big East of Pearl Washington and Patrick Ewing. That league hasn't existed since the 90s yet NOW you miss it? If you want to question how strong this year's league is because of a great 3-week run by one team have at it. Just don't make up hashtags and appeal to the lowest common denominator UC Bearcat message board guy. That reeks.
January 23, 201511 yr Author GT - your tweets came across poorly unless your goal was to come across as UC Fan Boy/UC Message Board guy. It reeked of "let me take shots at Xavier without actually mentioning Xavier." You say you miss the good ol' days of Big East of Pearl Washington and Patrick Ewing. That league hasn't existed since the 90s yet NOW you miss it? If you want to question how strong this year's league is because of a great 3-week run by one team have at it. Just don't make up hashtags and appeal to the lowest common denominator UC Bearcat message board guy. That reeks. Not just now missing it. Have missed it all along, including a similar stance last year that it wasn't the same and it sucked not having the old league around from a fan of the sport perspective. I don't expect the X fan boy segment to understand it has zero to do with UC. I also don't expect you to grasp I literally started loving the sport watching old Big East games as a kid, which was before my dad started taking me to UC games in the early 90s. No skin off my back either way...
January 23, 201511 yr Not just now missing it. Have missed it all along' date=' including a similar stance last year that it wasn't the same and it sucked not having the old league around from a fan of the sport perspective. I don't expect the X fan boy segment to understand it has zero to do with UC. I also don't expect you to grasp I literally started loving the sport watching old Big East games as a kid, which was before my dad started taking me to UC games in the early 90s. No skin off my back either way...[/quote'] Couch it how you will. I am just telling you how it came off.
January 23, 201511 yr Author We could make it about Providence or Seton Hall as well if you'd like. Also teams that struggled to finish above 12th before the split that are now fighting atop the new league...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.