Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Which means God is either very, very fickle, or had the over."

Featured Replies

Agendas. Love em.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So are the beliefs of Amish people on medical treatment, that doesn't make them wrong though.

 

Funny how many Amish people are patients of my father.

 

But anyway, back to my statement. So, do you believe that God lifted the Pats to a win and smote the Colts? Do you really think God cares who wins or loses a freakin' football game? I'm sorry, but yes, that line of thinking is wrong. Very wrong, and very egotistical.

So are the beliefs of Amish people on medical treatment, that doesn't make them wrong though.

 

There are no church regulations on medical treatment, it's mostly left up to the individual communities. Some use modern medicine, others do not.

Funny how many Amish people are patients of my father.

 

But anyway, back to my statement. So, do you believe that God lifted the Pats to a win and smote the Colts? Do you really think God cares who wins or loses a freakin' football game? I'm sorry, but yes, that line of thinking is wrong. Very wrong, and very egotistical.

 

No, I don't think he cares, but that's my belief. Other people can have other beliefs. Doesn't make them wrong. To think otherwise makes you the egotistical one.

No, I don't think he cares, but that's my belief. Other people can have other beliefs. Doesn't make them wrong. To think otherwise makes you the egotistical one.

 

My ego never even entered into this — I'm not the guy who goes around saying "God blessed the Steelers" after they win a game.

My ego never even entered into this — I'm not the guy who goes around saying "God blessed the Steelers" after they win a game.

 

:lol2: Please. It's incredibly egotistical to dismiss another's beliefs as wrong simply because they don't make sense to you.

I think all these players don't really understand how the universe works. There is no doubt that my team's fortunes are influenced by what chair I am sitting in watching the game. I am certain this is true for every other team and their fans, so there should be no more argument.

 

:thumb:

:lol2: Please. It's incredibly egotistical to dismiss another's beliefs as wrong simply because they don't make sense to you.

 

It has nothing to do with dismissing a belief. Has everything to do with the logic of it. If I say, "God blessed the Steelers" after a win, then by extension I'm saying that God smote whoever it was they beat. It's totally illogical.

 

If God really cared about the outcome of sports, wouldn't private, religion-affiliated schools win every game?

It has nothing to do with dismissing a belief. Has everything to do with the logic of it. If I say, "God blessed the Steelers" after a win, then by extension I'm saying that God smote whoever it was they beat. It's totally illogical.

 

If God really cared about the outcome of sports, wouldn't private, religion-affiliated schools win every game?

 

Isn't pretty much everything relating to religion illogical?

It has nothing to do with dismissing a belief. Has everything to do with the logic of it. If I say, "God blessed the Steelers" after a win, then by extension I'm saying that God smote whoever it was they beat. It's totally illogical.

 

If God really cared about the outcome of sports, wouldn't private, religion-affiliated schools win every game?

 

Kids in public school don't go to church?

Kids in public school don't go to church?

 

Yes, but if you go by the logic of "God cares who wins," he would smite the heathen public schoolers because they didn't go to a church-affiliated school. See how silly this is?

Isn't pretty much everything relating to religion illogical?

 

Not everything. A significant amount of it is, though, which is why I'm fine with not being affiliated with any organized religion. Logic does work from the standpoint of proving the existence of God; not so much in proving the correctness of any individual religious stripe and their smorgasbord of different rules.

Not everything. A significant amount of it is, though, which is why I'm fine with not being affiliated with any organized religion. Logic does work from the standpoint of proving the existence of God; not so much in proving the correctness of any individual religious stripe and their smorgasbord of different rules.

 

Right, so to my point, if a large part of what goes into the various religious beliefs is illogical, why is this any different? And just because something is illogical, that doesn't make it wrong.

Right, so to my point, if a large part of what goes into the various religious beliefs is illogical, why is this any different? And just because something is illogical, that doesn't make it wrong.

 

Not sure how much I agree with that. All religions are not right, and by the same token not all religions are wrong. Each has their own elements of correctness and wrongness. That doesn't mean all should get a pass just because it's somebody's religion.

 

Do you think Satanists are right? I mean, it's their religion.

My ego never even entered into this — I'm not the guy who goes around saying "God blessed the Steelers" after they win a game.

 

Pffft...well we ALL know that could never be true Jim...I mean after all, God is a Cowboys fan, so thusly, he HATES the Steelers.:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.