Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Spring Break and Missing Games

Featured Replies

We've probably had this discussion before and I probably said the same thing.

 

It simply amazes me that kids that play high school baseball will take off during the season to go on Spring Break.

 

For the record, if I'm the coach, you choose one or the other. You don't get to do both.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What amazes me more than anything is that the parents allow them to go.:madman: :madman:

 

I agree.

What if it is the only time of the year a family can go on vacation? I know when I used to be an assistant coach at Madison Central, my family would schedule our vacation around the dead period.

What if it is the only time of the year a family can go on vacation?

 

Don't play baseball.

  • Author
What if it is the only time of the year a family can go on vacation?

 

Not to be insensitive but "too bad". Choose. Life is about choices. What's important? Neither is the ONLY right answer but I know for sure that BOTH are not the right answer.

 

High school lasts four years. While I find it hard to believe that its the ONLY time of the year vacation can be taken, if it is, sacrifice it for a few years or don't be on the team.

  • Author
my family would schedule our vacation around the dead period.

 

As do most football families.

 

High school lasts four years. While I find it hard to believe that its the ONLY time of the year vacation can be taken, if it is, sacrifice it for a few years or don't be on the team.

Believe it or not some jobs will not let people have their vacations exactly when they want them. So parents have to schedule their vacations when they can.

As do most football families.

I actually was an assistant freshman football and girls track coach.

  • Author
Believe it or not some jobs will not let people have their vacations exactly when they want them. So parents have to schedule their vacations when they can.

 

Fine. Either skip vacation if spring break is the only time you can do it or have your child give up baseball.

 

I can't even imagine having the cajones to tell my coach I would be skipping out on the team to go on vaca.

Why have them give up baseball? Why can't the coach not schedule any games during spring break?

Why have them give up baseball? Why can't the coach not schedule any games during spring break?

 

What about Thanksgiving? Or Christmas? Those are actually holidays and everyone knows that you are either playing football or basketball. Spring Break is not even a holiday yet you should allow kids to come back and play? No way, make the commitment or don't play.

I never said that spring break was a holiday. As I asked before, if it is such a problem then why does the coach schedule games during the break?

I never said that spring break was a holiday. As I asked before, if it is such a problem then why does the coach schedule games during the break?

 

I never said you did. My point was that it's ok for a basketball coach to demand you be there over Christmas break, which is a national holiday, but a baseball coach should not schedule games over spring break. Imagine taking Christmas Break off for basketball or a week off from football...it throws everything you do off. Especially pitchers.

That's why I say if it is such a problem during those time periods then don't schedule any games.

That's why I say if it is such a problem during those time periods then don't schedule any games.

 

And you end up at least 5 games behind your competition. You MUST play games over spring break. Especially with the uncertainty's of weather in this area. It may be your only games for a month...ie CCH today.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.