Owen County 62 Walton-Verona 47 (All A 8th Region Championship)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction is Owen will make it to Saturday evening and maybe still standing on Sunday afternoon in the finals. NCC will be in the opposite half of the draw.

Can you post the brackets without using a link? The link isn't working for me. Thanks very much.

Walton kids have won every game they were suppose to this year, and have beat a very good Woodford Co. The losses have come against other top competition such has Holmes, Owen, McCracken Co., SK, Newport, Boone, Cooper and Somerset and WV played all these teams tough into 4th qrt.

Coach Brannen & Sullivan have picked up pieces and have WV headed in right direction. Lets not forget Sean McNeil, Grant Moeves, & Noah McCubbin were part of this group at one time. But lets give the kids who stuck it out and DIDN'T TRANSFER alot of credit. Took a lot of hard lumps last year while being very young and learning a new system. These kids worked very hard over the summer, improved and expected to win this this year. Really wished their hard work would have gotten them a trip to all A state, but just came up short against a very good Owen Co!

Walton kids have won every game they were suppose to this year, and have beat a very good Woodford Co. The losses have come against other top competition such has Holmes, Owen, McCracken Co., SK, Newport, Boone, Cooper and Somerset and WV played all these teams tough into 4th qrt.

Coach Brannen & Sullivan have picked up pieces and have WV headed in right direction. Lets not forget Sean McNeil, Grant Moeves, & Noah McCubbin were part of this group at one time. But lets give the kids who stuck it out and DIDN'T TRANSFER alot of credit. Took a lot of hard lumps last year while being very young and learning a new system. These kids worked very hard over the summer, improved and expected to win this this year. Really wished their hard work would have gotten them a trip to all A state, but just came up short against a very good Owen Co!

Where are they at now?

How are Owen's chances in the State? Looking at their stats, they shoot well from the field and 3 and are junior-oriented. Is their record deceiving or are they legit to make a run? Thanks.

They are capable of winning two or three games in Frankfort. They could also lose Thursday night, Augusta is not going to be intimidated by the moment. I mean, they've knocked out Mason County out of the post-season in consecutive years.

And, I disagree with the other poster that they dont have "much else." Their two guards are both double digit scorers average wise, and another starter who is around 8ppg a game. If those guards hit treys, they can play with almost anyone. It is true that they dont have a whole lot of size outside of Carson, their second leading rebounder is around 3-4 a game.

Does anyone have an All Tournament Team list? I know that Michael Dunaway and Josh Creech were named for Trimble County.

Vince Tofthese, Blaine Forsee, Chad McDonald and Carson Williams (MVP) from Owen I believe.

WV- Kyle Kinmon, Shea Evans and Zach Townsend according to their Twitter account.

All Tournament Team (reported so far):

Owen County: Vince Tofthese, Blaine Forsee, Chad McDonald and Carson Williams (MVP)

Walton-Verona: Kyle Kinmon, Shea Evans and Zach Townsend

Gallatin County: Kaleb Beckham and Mason Wilson

Trimble County: Michael Dunaway and Josh Creech

Needed:

Eminence

Williamstown

Carroll County

All Tournament Team (reported so far):

Owen County: Vince Tofthese, Blaine Forsee, Chad McDonald and Carson Williams (MVP)

Needed:

Eminence

Williamstown

Carroll County

Williamstown: Breenan Stanley

Carroll County: Jackson Donahue

Eminence: Not for ce attain but I think Kemryn Jenkins.

All Tournament Team

Williamstown: Breenan Stanley

Carroll County: Jackson Donahue

Eminence: Kemryn Jenkins

Edited by True blue (and gold)