January 16, 201511 yr Who does the RPI? Cantrall or Litkenhouse? I believe it uses its own formula. It will be March before these computer rankings start to work their way out, but I do believe Kansas is a top 5 team.
January 16, 201511 yr Kansas has a much higher strength of schedule. They are currently #3 in SOS. UK is #54.
January 16, 201511 yr Saw it last night. They actually got just as much credit for losing to UK by 32 as UK got for winning by 32. :popcorn:
January 16, 201511 yr Saw it last night. They actually got just as much credit for losing to UK by 32 as UK got for winning by 32. :popcorn: This way they don't get their feelings hurt. I like it.
January 16, 201511 yr Kansas has a much higher strength of schedule. They are currently #3 in SOS. UK is #54. Ironically, 54 is the approximate margin of victory for UK over KU, correct?
January 16, 201511 yr Like any thing that uses numbers the smaller sample size more wild swings and , what some might consider, odd results.
January 16, 201511 yr Kentucky didn't beat Kansas they ran out of time. That's a common tactict of Cal. He seems to prefer to have the lead when the time runs out.
January 16, 201511 yr Good thing we beat them, then. Should help in case we need a quality non-conference win to secure an NCAA at large birth.
January 16, 201511 yr Kansas has played a tough schedule. They have a lot of quality wins and RPI doesn't take blow out losses into account. So it makes sense. Overall the RPI still pretty good tool as a part of figuring out who is the best team but it isn't the end all be all. UK is the best team now. As a UK fan though I'm not dumb enough to believe the Kansas we got the first game is going to be the same Kansas team come March. I think they will be a factor.
January 16, 201511 yr Author Louisville pulling a ranking in the 20's is probably hurting UK a little. UL is better than that.
January 16, 201511 yr Louisville pulling a ranking in the 20's is probably hurting UK a little. UL is better than that. A win against Duke tommorow would certainly help UK. Most years I care about these computer rankings, because they go a long way in tournament seeding. This year, I don't care so much, since baring a meltdown, UK is a lock for the #1 overall seed.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.