Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tebow Law II

Featured Replies

What you are saying is that you are going to enroll your kid in two different schools. Whether one is private or not, you cant do that.

 

Let me be clear: I am not "enrolling" my child in two schools. My child is educated in some other fashion than the public school in whose district I live.

 

Parents of a home-schooler have also chosen to educate their child elsewhere other than in whose district they reside.

 

If the basis of your argument is that "the home school child should be able to play sports because the parents pay property taxes for that public school", why should the homer schooler be allowed to play football at the public school but the private schooler not be allowed? Again, both sets of parents pay property taxes.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now does the rule say anything about being home schooled, taking...say...AP math, then would they be allowed to play a sport? Then you would have to be enrolled in that school to take a class, thus would be allowed to compete in sports..right?

Let me be clear: I am not "enrolling" my child in two schools. My child is educated in some other fashion than the public school in whose district I live.

 

Parents of a home-schooler have also chosen to educate their child elsewhere other than in whose district they reside.

 

If the basis of your argument is that "the home school child should be able to play sports because the parents pay property taxes for that public school", why should the homer schooler be allowed to play football at the public school but the private schooler not be allowed? Again, both sets of parents pay property taxes.

 

By the way, if it makes the argument any different in your mind, change the private school from CCH to St Henry which does not have a football team.

To be truly effective, public schools cannot be asked to be everything to everybody. Public schools are presently stretched beyond their means by trying to be everything to everybody. This has continued to occur.

 

This mindset of "since I pay taxes, I should get what I want" will end up being the downfall of the public school system. It has already begin to eat way at the public school's effectiveness.

 

I am sorry about your poor child, but if you decide to remove your child from the public school education, their responsibility for the education/development of your child should cease.

 

We have enough to worry about educating children that parents have NO concern for and don't need to worry about the sports playing or academic team membership of those students that are not enrolled in our school district. We need to focus on the children we are educating and making sure that they are being given a fair opportunity but NOT guaranteed a chance to have success.

 

NOW, I would support the right's of homeschool students to form a team and compete in a new division with the private schools if Prop 20 was passed.

Let me be clear: I am not "enrolling" my child in two schools. My child is educated in some other fashion than the public school in whose district I live.

 

Parents of a home-schooler have also chosen to educate their child elsewhere other than in whose district they reside.

 

If the basis of your argument is that "the home school child should be able to play sports because the parents pay property taxes for that public school", why should the homer schooler be allowed to play football at the public school but the private schooler not be allowed? Again, both sets of parents pay property taxes.

If we are talking about Tim Tebow, he was enrolled at that school where he played football. Thats just it..you have to be enrolled in the school, you play spots for. So if he gets his education at CCh thats where he in enrolled. Am I on the right page yet?

By the way, if it makes the argument any different in your mind, change the private school from CCH to St Henry which does not have a football team.

Still doesnt matter.

To be truly effective, public schools cannot be asked to be everything to everybody. Public schools are presently stretched beyond their means by trying to be everything to everybody. This has continued to occur.

 

This mindset of "since I pay taxes, I should get what I want" will end up being the downfall of the public school system. It has already begin to eat way at the public school's effectiveness.

 

I am sorry about your poor child, but if you decide to remove your child from the public school education, their responsibility for the education/development of your child should cease.

 

We have enough to worry about educating children that parents have NO concern for and don't need to worry about the sports playing or academic team membership of those students that are not enrolled in our school district. We need to focus on the children we are educating and making sure that they are being given a fair opportunity but NOT guaranteed a chance to have success.

 

NOW, I would support the right's of homeschool students to form a team and compete in a new division with the private schools if Prop 20 was passed.

 

Aren't you nice? :lol:

Aren't you nice? :lol:

I thought someone would appreciate that tagline.:D

 

I considered it an action worthy of a politician. One of those lines that gets added to a bill that will get passed but the one line would have no hope of going through.:D

 

Besides you guys have been complaining of not having enough teams, so I was just trying to round you up a few more teams. j/k

Let's say that I was home schooling my child in Covington. If they wanted to take a class in advance physics and I thought that was over my head, I could send them up to Holmes. If my child was LD, I could send him up to work with the specialists at Holmes. He could be in the school play, the choir, the band and any other number of activities, EXCEPT for competitive areas. Why?

Let's say that I was home schooling my child in Covington. If they wanted to take a class in advance physics and I thought that was over my head, I could send them up to Holmes. If my child was LD, I could send him up to work with the specialists at Holmes. He could be in the school play, the choir, the band and any other number of activities, EXCEPT for competitive areas. Why?

In my little part of the world, they would not be eligible for those things that you mentioned.

NOW, I would support the right's of homeschool students to form a team and compete in a new division with the private schools if Prop 20 was passed.

We all know they would never be enough home schooled kids to start a football team, plus they would be all over the place.

We all know they would never be enough home schooled kids to start a football team, plus they would be all over the place.

Did you miss the post somewhere about 2 months ago that indicated that 1 of top 7 LexCath girls basketball players was from Fayette County? The others came from surrounding counties. Not much difference.

 

And in NKY, that would not be too difficult to field a team from Campbell, Boone and Kenton. All is only about a 30 minute drive from each other. Rural counties would be difficult but not urban areas.

In my little part of the world, they would not be eligible for those things that you mentioned.
Why? Isn't the purpose of the public school to service the children of its community?
Why? Isn't the purpose of the public school to service the children of its community?

I was not involved in that decision so I cannot adequately speak for why it was made. I assume it had something to do with the parents chose to remove themselves from the public school system and are now responsible for their education.

 

I do wonder if a child is attending one class and receiving a grade for said class, are you now responsible for a CATS score for that subject area. How is Holmes protected from not being responsible for those children's test scores?

 

I think you are hitting upon a statement that is a problem for the public school system. We are supposed to EVERYTHING. We have to be parents for those students who don't have parents that are concern. We have preschool starting at 3 years of age for those children that are "at-risk" and not getting the foundation they need. We are responsible for EVERY single type of learning issues whether they are physical, mental or combination. We can "choose" to not educate them as some schools in the state get to do. (And then smile and tell us they are better than us. I feel a Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men" speech coming out.)

 

We are responsible for every single kid the courts FORCE back into the school system and we are responsible for making sure they want to learn whether they are their parents want to or not. We have school psychologists to deal with these types of issues. We have to now provide tutoring afterschool because parents were not making sure their children were doing their homework.

 

We are to educate on drugs, alcohol, tobacco, unprotected sex and better not go the route of absinence, and evolution. We are to make sure that the child is medically being taken care. We have to provide breakfast and lunch because in a lot of cases, the parents are not. We have to babysit and stay with students till sometimes 5 or 6 at night after the parents just couldn't make it to pick their kid up from school.

 

We have to provide all sorts of sports to give children an opportuntity at a college scholarships. We have to change the directions we are going at the whims of the politicians and Frankfort.

 

And by the way, we have to do it with a smile on our face as everyone dumps on us for doing a poor job.

Did you miss the post somewhere about 2 months ago that indicated that 1 of top 7 LexCath girls basketball players was from Fayette County? The others came from surrounding counties. Not much difference.
You're misrepresenting the post, which said that only one of the top seven players on LexCath's team came through the traditional Catholic-school feeder system in Fayette County. Some others went to public middle schools in Lexington and from other systems, public and/or private, in the surrounding counties.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.