Newport 61 Highlands 56

Highlands lost Parker Harris early in the 1st half, and didn't return. Was told after the game he has been playing with not one, but two stress fractures, could be done for the season. With Harris playing the whole game, might have a different outcome.

Got to give the Birds credit, they didn't give up.

If you bump into Lawnboy13 and notice that he's missing an arm and a leg it's because I talked them off of him.

He could probably vouch that my known wordiness on BGP is not only a virtual phenomenon, but also transferable to reality.

How he managed to multi-task and continue to give all of you game updates while I incessantly blabbed is beyond me, and quite the amazing feat, and especially with only one arm.

Thanks for stopping by to say "Hi" LB and withstanding the challenge. Your steady concentration and incredible patience is admirable, and hopefully you moving about freely today isn't too problematic.

You've all now been fair warned of what can be expected if by chance we meet during an organized sporting event, and know that staying in the flow of the game is likely to prove to be challenging at best, not to mention loss of your very important limbs.

Your contributions to the "Stop the Chatterbox Research Foundation" can be forwarded to me, and I'll see to it they are put to good use in helping to find a cure.

Studies are in the early stages and are ongoing, but findings are proving to be puzzling, and so far no clear-cut solutions have proved effective.

This is all our problem, but if we join together for the cause, great things can be achieved.

Today I'll be launching the "Help B-Ball-fan to Stop Talking - Ice Bucket Challenge"

Spread the word, and I just know that together our concerted effort will not go unrewarded.

Thank you in advance for your concern and wonderful support.

Highlands showed a lot of courage last night and certainly can build on this game going forward. Snapp had 32 and they needed everyone of those points to come out with the win. Look for a different result in the District tourney. If HHS is full strength last night, they win this game for sure.

On a side note, can someone explain to me how a coach can dispute a call, walk to end of bench and slam water cooler on the floor and then proceed to charge out onto the floor at an official and not get a "T"?

I think I speak for BGP nation when I say...

...I'm in.

Thanks mcpapa for your support, and be assured that every little bit counts.

Warning though... we've had a few "Ice Bucket Challenge" mishaps as we hadn't thought this thing through very well by taking into consideration that we are in the dead of winter, and unfortunately some Challengees have experienced bad cases of frostbite.

It's highly suggested that the Challenge here on out be conducted indoors, but of course in such a way to avoid much mess.

Again, thanks to everyone for their much needed and appreciated support.

First time seeing Highlands this year. I like the teams hustle and athleticism. The guys play hard for Coach Listermann. I'm certainly no basketball guru, but I think the program just lacks the big, active, basketball year round post player to make them a legit contender. I'm not taking anything away from the guys playing down low, but a big center would do wonders for the perimeter guys.

Snapp made shots. Does he always make that many? No doubt Highlands can win a district rematch and get to Regionals.

HHS played hard without Harris. Hopefully, he can return. Snapp got his and got in a groove. The second match up should be a good one. JV and Frosh won convincingly. I thought all 3 levels played well. It was nice to see Frosh and JV score well.

If you bump into Lawnboy13 and notice that he's missing an arm and a leg it's because I talked them off of him.

He could probably vouch that my known wordiness on BGP is not only a virtual phenomenon, but also transferable to reality.

How he managed to multi-task and continue to give all of you game updates while I incessantly blabbed is beyond me, and quite the amazing feat, and especially with only one arm.

Thanks for stopping by to say "Hi" LB and withstanding the challenge. Your steady concentration and incredible patience is admirable, and hopefully you moving about freely today isn't too problematic.

You've all now been fair warned of what can be expected if by chance we meet during an organized sporting event, and know that staying in the flow of the game is likely to prove to be challenging at best, not to mention loss of your very important limbs.

Your contributions to the "Stop the Chatterbox Research Foundation" can be forwarded to me, and I'll see to it they are put to good use in helping to find a cure.

Studies are in the early stages and are ongoing, but findings are proving to be puzzling, and so far no clear-cut solutions have proved effective.

This is all our problem, but if we join together for the cause, great things can be achieved.

Today I'll be launching the "Help B-Ball-fan to Stop Talking - Ice Bucket Challenge"

Spread the word, and I just know that together our concerted effort will not go unrewarded.

Thank you in advance for your concern and wonderful support.

Probably could have done without the in-depth Colonoscopy talk :lol: J/K.

It was no problem, always enjoy chatting. Glad I could introduce you to a handful of BGP'ers, that you can now add to your list.

Probably could have done without the in-depth Colonoscopy talk :lol: J/K.

It was no problem, always enjoy chatting. Glad I could introduce you to a handful of BGP'ers, that you can now add to your list.

Y'know that never ending UTI I was tellin' you about that I thought that I was finally out of the woods with since having 7 days of antibiotic injections from a home care nurse? It reared its ugly head again this morning and I'm back on oral meds until my doctor tomorrow will undoubtedly order me more injections. :eek:

Well I've got one thing in common with Muhammad Ali... but he's clear since it was diagnosed for him on Dec. 20th, however mine was a bonus gift given to me on Dec. 4th with my colon cancer surgery and am now in the 5th week of. Wonderful huh? Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have no issues now regarding the cancer, but the added scare of the bonus gift I could certainly have done without.

But yes...it was cool chatting with you again and meeting the few others that you introduced me to. Hoping that nothing freaky happens to prevent me from going to the BOK on Friday night. Really looking forward to that extravaganza.

Highlands showed a lot of courage last night and certainly can build on this game going forward. Snapp had 32 and they needed everyone of those points to come out with the win. Look for a different result in the District tourney. If HHS is full strength last night, they win this game for sure.

On a side note, can someone explain to me how a coach can dispute a call, walk to end of bench and slam water cooler on the floor and then proceed to charge out onto the floor at an official and not get a "T"?

So Snapp lost it? Anyone else comment on this?

NEWPORT 61, HIGHLANDS 57 – Junior guard Ethan Snapp rolled up 21 points in the second half for the Wildcats.

Snapp poured in 10 points in the third quarter and 11 more in the final period, finishing with a game-best 33 points.

Senior guard Justin Weyer paced the Bluebirds with 15 points.

NEWPORT 11-16-15-19—61

at HGHLNDS 11-10-11-24—56

NEWPORT (8-8): Covington 2 0 4, Hollis 4 2 10, Price 2 1 5, Davis 2 2 8, Snapp 9 10 33, Joseph 0 1 1. Totals 19 16 61.

HIGHLANDS (2-7): Cain 5 2 12, Harris 1 0 2, Kendall 4 2 12, Weyer 6 0 15, Finfrock 1 0 2, Posey 1 0 3, Ball 2 0 6, Hebel 2 0 4. Totals 22 4 56.

3-pointers: N—Snapp 5, Davis 2. H—Kendall 2, Weyer 2, Ball 2, Posey. JV: Highlands, 62-41.