Nine teams possible to be drafted into Hard Knocks 2015

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the dislike button! :ohbrother:

That's the worst idea I've ever heard. No way do the Browns need the distraction. As a huge fan (whether your talking weight or loyalty) the only thing I want the coaches, players, and front office thinking about and doing until the end of next season is FOOTBALL!

Hard Knocks my... :banghead:

Remember, I said the same thing a couple of months ago.

At the AFC coaches’ breakfast Tuesday morning in Arizona, coach Mike Pettine said the team met with NFL Films this week and made it known the Browns will not volunteer to be on the show.

“You just weigh everything in,” said Pettine. “Because being a part of Hard Knocks, having been there, knowing they’re going to look to cover the team’s biggest current storylines, it’s obvious that [Johnny Manziel] would be a point of attention.”

Browns don?t want to do Hard Knocks | ProFootballTalk

At the AFC coaches’ breakfast Tuesday morning in Arizona, coach Mike Pettine said the team met with NFL Films this week and made it known the Browns will not volunteer to be on the show.

“You just weigh everything in,” said Pettine. “Because being a part of Hard Knocks, having been there, knowing they’re going to look to cover the team’s biggest current storylines, it’s obvious that [Johnny Manziel] would be a point of attention.”

Browns don?t want to do Hard Knocks | ProFootballTalk

So that word "volunteer"...does that mean the NFL can strong-arm a team into being on the show?

So that word "volunteer"...does that mean the NFL can strong-arm a team into being on the show?

Yes, but only certain teams.

Some teams are exempt. The NFL can't force a franchise to go on the show if it

• Has made the playoffs in one of the previous two seasons
  • Has a new head coach
  • Has appeared on Hard Knocks within the last 10 years

Pettine mentioned several reasons why the Browns were not interested in being on Hard Knocks and Manziel getting out of rehab and being in an aftercare program was just one of them. I think more significantly, from a team perspective, is that he and Ray Farmer are just in their second year of working together. They have a monumental job before them of turning this franchise around and getting out of the losing rut they've been in almost every season since having a franchise returned to Cleveland. Pettine was through it before with the Jets. He knows what a distraction it is. Cleveland REALLY doesn't need that and quite frankly, neither does the NFL. The only people who will benefit from it is the media (okay the owners will make a pile of money and want the ratings). But my point is that having read a lot of "news" articles on the Browns over the last several years there is a TON of speculation that is reported as news. Undisclosed sources are cited so that reporters can make the most outrageous claims.

That's not football, that's tabloid reporting. TMZ will be there. I don't think the owners will be good stewards of the game of football if they allow that to happen.

• 2 months later...
I guess we get to see what color underwear JJ Watt wears.

I am sure it will be fine TV but the Texans would have been one of my last choices.

Should be a good one. They will have a pretty good qb battle.