NKU boasts the best ROI in KY

MJAlltheWay24

We toured the school for my sons. What a great facility. If it was not for being "NKU" it would have been a great option. Kids from out of town love it. Kids that are local feel that they have to go there if they could not afford going away.

By the way, the school worked out pretty good for me!

TAC, you're right about how it's viewed elsewhere. I have friends in the western and southern parts of the state and several of their kid's friends attended NKU and have spread the word about what a great school it is. None of my kid's would consider it as they all wanted to get out of town (away from me). However, their friends who attend also love it.

I think the perception is changing with kids in the area as well. They have state of the art athletic facilities (for soccer and basketball at least), a lot of new innovative buildings, and the academic aspect is continuously improving. I graduated in 2009, and I don't even recognize the campus anymore. They really should be commended on the work and effort they've put in to providing a top-notch college experience to students.

School worked out well for many of my family members. I liked it for Law School. Never understood the Fraternity benches or why you join a Fraternity at a commuter school w/out a house near campus, but to each their own.

Plenty of reasons, but I won't get into that here. All I will say is a house doesn't make a fraternity by any means.

The benches were lame though.

What is funny is when they opened the Informatics building they had Michael Dell as the keynote speaker I believe and after touring the facility as well as seeing numerous college programs around the country he was quoted as saying it was a school that he would feel comfortable sending his own kid.

College is a piece of paper IMO unless you go into some sort of specialty area where you need extensive training. I have an English/Teaching degree that I used for 2 yrs. Got into sales and have been in it for 18 yrs. I love it and there is no cap on what I can earn, wouldnt have it any other way.

What is funny is when they opened the Informatics building they had Michael Dell as the keynote speaker I believe and after touring the facility as well as seeing numerous college programs around the country he was quoted as saying it was a school that he would feel comfortable sending his own kid.

If you had to pick just one thing, that building really helped to take NKU to another level from what I understand. Unfortunately they opened it after I was gone as a student and employee.