9th Region Updated Top 10 Players

December is out of the way. We can now look at actual games to make judgements.

My top 10 in no particular order.

Bolden/Avery

McDonald/Weyer/Pangallo

CVH/Schuh

Stanley

McNeil

Michael Scott

Tough to leave Cooper Theobald off the list. He's really played well under the radar. Same with Rabe.

We'll see how this list looks at the end of the season.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

December is out of the way. We can now look at actual games to make judgements.

My top 10 in no particular order.

Bolden/Avery

McDonald/Weyer/Pangallo

CVH/Schuh

Stanley

McNeil

Michael Scott

Tough to leave Cooper Theobald off the list. He's really played well under the radar. Same with Rabe.

We'll see how this list looks at the end of the season.

No Ohmer? Hmm

PPG: 11.8

RPG: 5.7

FG: 40.8%

3FG: 25.7%

FT: 46.9% on 32 attempts

PPG: 14.9

RPG: 2.2

FG: 41.5%

3FG: 34.9%

FT: 83.1% on 59 attempts

Which player are you guys taking?

What type of schedule have they played? Outside of free throw shooting, the rest of it could be dictated by competition.

PPG: 11.8

RPG: 5.7

FG: 40.8%

3FG: 25.7%

FT: 46.9% on 32 attempts

PPG: 14.9

RPG: 2.2

FG: 41.5%

3FG: 34.9%

FT: 83.1% on 59 attempts

Which player are you guys taking?

Can't judge by stats alone. Former Scott player Kellen Smith is a great example of a kid right now playing the most minutes for SVSU yet only scoring 4.7 PPG. The coach needs him for his role he fills.

Also If player one is playing against a weaker schedule it may hurt his stats. When my son played against weaker opponents he was lucky to get a litlle more than a quarter of play. Those teams were actually "stat busters".

I guess I'll go ahead and get it out of the way...

Is Brenden Stanley really playing like a top 10 player in the region?

I think Junior Stockwell has played at a much higher level and been a bigger factor to the success of Boone than B Stanley.

One could argue Markel McClendon or Colin Hathorn has been better than him as well.

Snapp takes a lot of criiticism on here, but put him on a team where he has more talent around him and he wouldn't have some of the rough shooting nights that he has had so far. He is getting doubled and face guarded virtually every game yet is still averaging 20 ppg and gets to the free throw line a lot (78 of 93 84%). He has struggled from the field at 37% FG and 33% 3FG but at some point, those shots are going to start falling.

If I were ranking the region, I would go with:

1. James Bolden

2. Drew McDonald

3. Ben Weyer

4. Cole Vonhandorf

5. Sean McNeil

6. Zack Pangallo

7. Rod Avery

8. Bo Schuh

9. Mike Scott

10 Markel McClendon-Junior Stockwell-Liam Rabe- Colin Hathorn-Ethan Snapp....I'd have no problem with any of the 5

I think Junior Stockwell has played at a much higher level and been a bigger factor to the success of Boone than B Stanley.

One could argue Markel McClendon or Colin Hathorn has been better than him as well.

Snapp takes a lot of criiticism on here, but put him on a team where he has more talent around him and he wouldn't have some of the rough shooting nights that he has had so far. He is getting doubled and face guarded virtually every game yet is still averaging 20 ppg and gets to the free throw line a lot (78 of 93 84%). He has struggled from the field at 37% FG and 33% 3FG but at some point, those shots are going to start falling.

1. James Bolden

2. Drew McDonald

3. Ben Weyer

4. Cole Vonhandorf

5. Sean McNeil

6. Zack Pangallo

7. Rod Avery

8. Bo Schuh

9. Mike Scott

10 Markel McClendon-Junior Stockwell-Liam Rabe- Colin Hathorn-Ethan Snapp....I'd have no problem with any of the 5

Couple points from this 9th and 10th region fan.

Solid list, you can split hairs over who is better than who but no complaints here.

I'm with you 100% on the Stanley vs. Stockwell. I watched a scrimmage of Boone and thought Stckwell was in fact the best player on the floor for them. Dind't know the name at the time or would have mentioned it.

If Snapp is getting faceguarded and contested maybe he needs to dish the ball? The %'s don't lie. He is not shooting at a high % and has one of the worst on his team. Bolden, CVH, Pangallo may have better support staff but they tend to make those contested shots or dish off. Have faith in your teammate. If they start getting the ball and scoring than the other team has to guard them too. He has a sweet shot and is a great player. He needs to let the game come to him a little more often.

1. James Bolden

2. Drew McDonald

3. Ben Weyer

4. Cole Vonhandorf

5. Sean McNeil

6. Zack Pangallo

7. Rod Avery

8. Bo Schuh

9. Mike Scott

Stanley is averaging 12/6 and guarding 3 or 4 positions. Handles the ball out front as well. Does a lot of things well.

I did forget about Junior. He and McDonald are the two true bigs in NKY that can actually do something with the ball with their back to the basket.

I'd insert him and take out Avery. I like Avery but he has to be set up with a dish or a lob.

He's slide to 11.

Stanley is averaging 12/6 and guarding 3 or 4 positions. Handles the ball out front as well. Does a lot of things well.

I did forget about Junior. He and McDonald are the two true bigs in NKY that can actually do something with the ball with their back to the basket.

I'd insert him and take out Avery. I like Avery but he has to be set up with a dish or a lob.

He's slide to 11.

Having seen Avery more than the two times you have, I'll have to respectfully disagree with you that he has to be set up with a dish and cant score on his own. I'll gladly post video to prove my point if you'd like.

He's averaging 15 & 8 a game and had 20 & 16 against a front court that featured a 6'6 Iowa signee and 6'5 LaSalle signee...not sure who you want to take out but no way Avery isn't top 10 in NKY.

Having seen Avery more than the two times you have' date=' I'll have to respectfully disagree with you that he has to be set up with a dish and cant score on his own. I'll gladly post video to prove my point if you'd like. He's averaging 15 & 8 a game...not sure who you want to take out but no way Avery isn't top 10 in NKY.[/quote']

All I can go by is what I see. Videos would be appreciated.