With season half over who are the best teams in 12th region?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southwest and Lincoln have fared the best season to date. Southwest had a bad loss to East. They've more than offset that with a blowout of Perry Central; a blowout of Wayne; good wins over Warren Central and Hopkinsville; and a solid win over North Hardin.

Lincoln lost by double digits to a good LCA team. However, they've beaten Wayne, Lafayette twice, Mason County and a blown out Harrison County.

Boyle lost to a mediocre Whitley County team and got a scare from Corbin. They also lost by 18 to a good Lex Cath team and by 32 to a very good Trinity squad. They beat a solid Bryan Station team and had an impressive win against a really good Cov Cath team. Otherwise, they've taken care of business as expected.

Wayne lost at Lincoln which isn't anything to be ashamed of. They were blown out by SW. They lost to an average Bullitt East team. They had 2 good showings in beating Owensboro by 14 and losing to Taylor by 4.

I agree with these four teams being in the top but West/East Jessamine/Mercer Co. could beat any of these teams on a given night.

West Jessamine just won a pretty good tournament, East Jessamine blew the doors off Southwestern and Mercer has beaten both of them (East/West).

Who cares about a given night? None of those three teams will win region in 2014/15 and that is all that matters.

Southwestern appears to be the best suited to win a region at this point. Boyle has some intriguing players, who could explode at tourney time. Lincoln will be playing at home in the region. West Jess has been very tough in this region since coming over from the 11th and can never be counted out. And Wayne is... Wayne, which means they are always a player in this region. I would be surprised if anyone other than someone from this group will be 12th region champs. Basically clear as mud at this juncture of the season.:popcorn:

Who cares about a given night? None of those three teams will win region in 2014/15 and that is all that matters.

I too think it's unlikely that any team other than those 4 will win region. As for the statement who cares about a given night, all of those 4 teams should. 3/4 of these 4 teams have already shown the "ability" to lose to even lesser teams than these. This ain't the NBA playoffs; it's one and done. If that given night happens during the regional tourney, then any of those 4 team's dream ends that night.

I don't think the next 2-3 teams can string together back to back wins to knock off 2 of those teams in consecutive games. But they are definitely capable of beating any of those 4 teams....on a given night.

Look as recently as two year's ago to Wayne's win over Pulaski and Mercer's win over Southwestern. Those 2 teams were easily the top teams in the 12th that year. Both were upset. The best team doesn't always win....on any given night.

I too think it's unlikely that any team other than those 4 will win region. As for the statement who cares about a given night, all of those 4 teams should. 3/4 of these 4 teams have already shown the "ability" to lose to even lesser teams than these. This ain't the NBA playoffs; it's one and done. If that given night happens during the regional tourney, then any of those 4 team's dream ends that night.

I don't think the next 2-3 teams can string together back to back wins to knock off 2 of those teams in consecutive games. But they are definitely capable of beating any of those 4 teams....on a given night.

Look as recently as two year's ago to Wayne's win over Pulaski and Mercer's win over Southwestern. Those 2 teams were easily the top teams in the 12th that year. Both were upset. The best team doesn't always win....on any given night.

Couldn't have said it better. Drop the mic.

Couldn't have said it better. Drop the mic. Lol

Mercer will be in the hunt.

They have the talent and coaching to compete but lack the experience. I still think they're a year away, though they should continue to improve. Next year, it should be them and Southwest. And Wayne??

Just wondering,,,what if a couple of those given nights were to happen in the regional tournament?