Matt Forte 1000yds rushing / 100 receptions

Combining for 1,846 yards between rushing and receiving is a pretty big deal.

I agree. Though each time I watched the Bears Forte never seemed to be much of a threat. He just seemed to be another guy on the field. Obviously he was a bit more than that, he just never stood out to me.

I agree. Though each time I watched the Bears Forte never seemed to be much of a threat. He just seemed to be another guy on the field. Obviously he was a bit more than that, he just never stood out to me.

He's not flashy, he just gets the job done.

He's only missed 5 games in 7 seasons.

He has averaged 107 from per game during that 7 years. Only 10 players in the history of the NFL have played 10 seasons and averaged over 100. He averaged 115 this year so he's not slowing down.

I will be that a lot of those yards, catches, and TDs came in the 4th quarter in garbage minutes. At least they did when I faced him in fantasy. Drove me nuts.

I will be that a lot of those yards, catches, and TDs came in the 4th quarter in garbage minutes. At least they did when I faced him in fantasy. Drove me nuts.

And therein lies a big problem with the fantisization of football. People get over-consumed with fantasy numbers and equate it to being successful. The Bears had a multitude of problems, Cutler being the top problem. But I never got the sense Forte could be given the ball with much confidence. In looking at it closer, Forte was the 12th best rusher in the league at just over 1,000 yards. Again, not much considering he played every game. Of those top 20 he was last in average per rush and last in rushes over 20 yards (just 1). Numbers are what you want to make of it.

And therein lies a big problem with the fantisization of football. People get over-consumed with fantasy numbers and equate it to being successful. The Bears had a multitude of problems, Cutler being the top problem. But I never got the sense Forte could be given the ball with much confidence. In looking at it closer, Forte was the 12th best rusher in the league at just over 1,000 yards. Again, not much considering he played every game. Of those top 20 he was last in average per rush and last in rushes over 20 yards (just 1). Numbers are what you want to make of it.

Very true. Something that made Forte's value jump as well in fantasy at least, he wasn't really sharing a backfield with anyone or having his TD's vulture away.

I will say though, in regards to real life value, he's such a strong dual threat.

Forte also had 46 less rushing attempts than McCoy. The Bears didn't rush much (pass/rush ratio this year was around 2/1, whereas the Eagles' was closer to 2/1.5). As one writer put it, Forte had the receiving yardage production of Jimmy Graham this year, with 1K rushing yards added as a bonus. Forte picked up 1,800 yards from scrimmage on a woefully bad offense.