Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I am happy for the Bengals

Featured Replies

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time the Bengals went into Heinz Field with a playoff berth on the line didn't they come away with the win, and knock the Steelers out of the playoffs? Now I know both teams are already in the playoffs, but after last night I honestly feel good about the Bengals chances this Sunday night. Now if Greene is out Sunday night I won't feel very good about the game.

I don't think it is like that for every team. Just keep kidding yourself about that. Last playoff win was in 1990. Where does that rank among all of other NFL franchises?

 

To win a playoff game you have to make the playoff right? That is why people should enjoy what we have done the last four years and five out of six because it has given us a chance to win that playoff game. Has it happened yet? Nope. Will it happen this year? Who knows. However I really don't get why people can't get excited about a team during the year and making the playoff first. You can't win a playoff game unless you are in the playoffs. Which you can ask the majority of fans in the league during the last 6 years, and they probably would have loved to at least seen their team have a shot in the playoffs. I have no problem with people being upset if they lose right away, because they do need to take that next step. However don't let that stop you from enjoying the parts right now, because making the playoffs should not be taken for granted. Especially here in Cincy, since we have never been a regular playoff team until this 6 year period. You can't win a playoff game unless you make it. So enjoy the ride, and hope for the best.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time the Bengals went into Heinz Field with a playoff berth on the line didn't they come away with the win, and knock the Steelers out of the playoffs? Now I know both teams are already in the playoffs, but after last night I honestly feel good about the Bengals chances this Sunday night. Now if Greene is out Sunday night I won't feel very good about the game.

 

You are correct.

futurecoach made some excellent points in this thread.

 

Again, only one teams wins the Super Bowl but there are a few other teams each year that can really be proud of their accomplishments and we all need to be thankful for what we have vs. what we had before Marvin came to town.

 

I don't think I have ever been as disappointed as when they lost to the 49ers in the last minute in 89/90. I still cannot speak Lewis B----'s name, may he RIP.

I agree with Guru and FC. Enjoy any big win and last night was big. I know people bash Marvin Lewis, but he could coach for life if I were the owner, because how he turned this thing around. Also, I would make Tobin GM because there are rumors he could be a viable GM candidate in New York (Jets) or Chicago. He is one of the top 5 talent evaluators in the NFL.

To win a playoff game you have to make the playoff right? That is why people should enjoy what we have done the last four years and five out of six because it has given us a chance to win that playoff game. Has it happened yet? Nope. Will it happen this year? Who knows. However I really don't get why people can't get excited about a team during the year and making the playoff first. You can't win a playoff game unless you are in the playoffs. Which you can ask the majority of fans in the league during the last 6 years, and they probably would have loved to at least seen their team have a shot in the playoffs. I have no problem with people being upset if they lose right away, because they do need to take that next step. However don't let that stop you from enjoying the parts right now, because making the playoffs should not be taken for granted. Especially here in Cincy, since we have never been a regular playoff team until this 6 year period. You can't win a playoff game unless you make it. So enjoy the ride, and hope for the best.

 

I am hoping for the best. Not expecting much, but hey, I didn't expect that last night.

This is they type of statement that irks me. That was 12 years ago. Eventually you have to get past that thinking. You always want to be better. Just better than 12 years ago isn't good enough for me.

 

 

I am a Bengals fan and have been since '75. I watch and I root for them to win every game. But I have lost a great deal of passion for the franchise and I can't see that passion returning until Lewis is gone. Hope they win ( don't trust them to) but I don't see myself shedding tears like I did after the second Superbowl loss.

I am hoping for the best. Not expecting much, but hey, I didn't expect that last night.

 

 

Sounds like me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.