Knott County Central 78 Covington Catholic 66

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta play them all, though.

No doubt, but I believe that if the Colonels get another chance at them, they'll make dang sure that KCC doesn't ever smack'em with a quarter like that ever again. The Colonels can look at the game and know that for the most part they hung with them, but obviously didn't come out of the locker room at halftime ready for what hit them.

Beleive me I know how one bad quarter can kill a team. But as was stated, you have to play all 4.

Agreed.

What the Colonels can take from this game for their own sense of confidence and growth is that outside of Quarter 3 they played even with a very tough Knott County Central team, and now must work hard at not letting future games slip from them because of these sort of lapses.

Of course KCC had much to do with their own fresh-out-of-halftime explosion, but through this tough experience the Colonels can mentally be prepared to avoid letting these things happen again in future games, and work hard to make it so.

No need for them to hang their heads, and they can still have the self image of a team worthy to be on the same court with the best in the state.

KCC is a force to be reckoned with, and not an easy out for anyone. CovCath can still move forward with the confidence in knowing that they can play with these guys, and I'd venture to say they'd love another opportunity to prove it.

Only one team can cut down the nets in March, and although not many expected last year for it to be CovCath, they showed then what great teamwork and great coaching can get you, and although no small task, I believe that this same confidence is alive and well with them in their quest to play through these early season lumps of learning to prove once again that the possibilities are not out of their reach.

Will they?...that's still to be seen.

Can they?... I believe, and more importantly, THEY BELIEVE that they can, and that belief is not far fetched.

Some also thought that last year's belief was far fetched, and we all saw what came to be when all was said an done in their amazing run through the 2014 Sweet 16.

Go Colonels!

Learn and Grow, and have no doubts that you are worthy.