Montgomery County 43 Dixie Heights 31

Rez

Offense was hard to come by in this was. The score was 15-13 Dixie at the half.

Free throws were a huge key in this one. Montgomery was 17-17. Dixie was 3-7

I guess Chevy was up to his magic again. Can't wait to read Ennam_iv's report on this one. 31 pts......good lord.

Not cool.

Guess I've been giving Dixie too much credit.

Thought that they'd be showing more by now.

They were extremely passive on offense. Rarely looking to attack the basket, even when they had numbers advantages or a step on their defender.

Omg... uggghhh

Easily Dixie's worst game of the year.

I should't really say anything, cause it will start trouble.... but where's the fun in that?

Dixie did a splendid job of playing like robots, with really tight sphincters. Players are afraid to play basketball for of getting yanked. Sparky Anderson's ghost is on the Dixie bench :) The Dixoe players run their halfcourt sets to a fault. No one dared to aggressively drive the ball when there is a seam in the zone to attack. Players play to not make mistakes. They do not play to make something happen.

Montgomery Co. might have won the game on the scoreboard, but I'd argue Dixie's approach to the game lost it on the court. Montgomery Co. (except for their little PG) is not a team that is fleet of foot to say the least. They pressed with a soft press... no trapping except at halfcourt. They primarily stayed back looking to steal passes. Dixie should have dribble attacked to draw defenders and then pass.

Dixie also does not get many easy transition baskets, because they are not allowed to run the floor. They had 2 points in transition tonight... That's it.

Finally, it was a very, very touchy game as called by the officials. There was no way Dixie was going to be allowed to play their physical game. But, both teams played under these conditions.

And it really did hurt not having Bolin. He had been contributing so much and Montgomery Co. had a really big guy inside.

I could go on and on... but I'm done.

Omg... uggghhh

Easily Dixie's worst game of the year.

I should't really say anything, cause it will start trouble.... but where's the fun in that?

Dixie did a splendid job of playing like robots, with really tight sphincters. Players are afraid to play basketball for of getting yanked. Sparky Anderson's ghost is on the Dixie bench :) The Dixoe players run their halfcourt sets to a fault. No one dared to aggressively drive the ball when there is a seam in the zone to attack. Players play to not make mistakes. They do not play to make something happen.

Montgomery Co. might have won the game on the scoreboard, but I'd argue Dixie's approach to the game lost it on the court. Montgomery Co. (except for their little PG) is not a team that is fleet of foot to say the least. They pressed with a soft press... no trapping except at halfcourt. They primarily stayed back looking to steal passes. Dixie should have dribble attacked to draw defenders and then pass.

Dixie also does not get many easy transition baskets, because they are not allowed to run the floor. They had 2 points in transition tonight... That's it.

Finally, it was a very, very touchy game as called by the officials. There was no way Dixie was going to be allowed to play their physical game. But, both teams played under these conditions.

And it really did hurt not having Bolin. He had been contributing so much and Montgomery Co. had a really big guy inside.

I could go on and on... but I'm done.

Now where is the fun in that?

Sorry you had to sit through that. :cry: