Girls AP All-State Poll- No NKY Girls

Once again the voters in the AP poll have put out their All-State Team and once again they have failed to realize that NKY is a part of the state of Kentucky. Any All-State Team that does not include Rachel Lantry as at least Honorable Mention is an absolute farce. The numbers that this young lady has been able to put together over her 4 year career are without question worthy of of All-State recognition and her not being included pretty much shows you that the members that vote see very little girls basketball especially in the Northern part of the state.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree as well. Lantry is an excellent player.

Player of the Year

Arnika Brown

1st Team All-State

Arnika Brown (Sr)- Christian Co.

Chelsia Lymon (Sr)- Scott Co.

Rebecca Gray (Jr)- Scott Co.

Nikki Davis (Sr)- Lexington Catholic

Anaris Sickles (Sr)- Lexington Catholic

2nd Team All-State

Jayme Gilbert (Sr)- Clay Co.

Brittany Edelen (Sr)- Washington Co.

Meredith Marsh (Sr)- CAL

Natalie Novosel (So)- Lexington Catholic

Kenzie Rich (Sr)- Monroe Co.

HONORABLE MENTION

Ashley Baldwin, East Carter; Pam Bell, Paducah Tilghman; Hope Brown, North Hardin; Alicia Bunton, Warren Central; Colette Cole, Breathitt Co.; Brooke Faulkner, Harrison Co.; Kala Faulkner, Rose Hill; Tia Gibbs, Lou. Butler; Sierra Gilbert, Henderson Co.; Thia Gholson, Lou. Assumption; Latoshia Lawrence, Apollo; Amber Neace, South Laurel; Amber Norton, Lou. Assumption; Suzie Owens, Scott Co.; Ashley Rainey, Warren East; Angela Roof, St. Mary; Brooke Smith, Bell Co.; LaQuisha Wharton, Lou. Iroquois

Co-Coaches of the Year

Steve Helton- Scott Co.

Donnie Gray- Clay Co.

http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=4663010

Twice as many papers than are in Lexington or Louisville. Not sure how many AP members there are.

Thats were its at. Must be a member to vote. And may I add that I never hear much about NKY kids. Never have. I am in the South Central part of the state.

:fight:

Congratulations to all of the young ladies that garnered this recognition. I'm sure that it is well deserved, and is the culmination of a lifetime of hard work.

On a side note, I feel that Emily Queen from Rose Hill should be on this list. At the VERY least, she should be honorable mention.

Frances

Now I'm not saying that she did or did not deserve to be on the All-State team but of the irls on the list, who should not be there if Lantry so deserves to as you folks are saying?

I will say that she is a great player and glad that she is coming to NKU.

I will take someting said above and put my own spin on it. If one of the NKy newspapers HAVE a vchance to vote for the All-State team and doesn't put here on it then there is something wrong because they would have had to seen her play at some point this year.

Now I'm not saying that she did or did not deserve to be on the All-State team but of the irls on the list, who should not be there if Lantry so deserves to as you folks are saying?

I will say that she is a great player and glad that she is coming to NKU.

I will take someting said above and put my own spin on it. If one of the NKy newspapers HAVE a vchance to vote for the All-State team and doesn't put here on it then there is something wrong because they would have had to seen her play at some point this year.

She is as good as Brooke Faulkner. And each has scored a bunch of points against teams I have coached.

I agree as well. Lantry is an excellent player.

She's been a great player for Holy Cross for 4 years, but she wasn't as good this year as she was last season. But that's going to happen when you graduate all that experienced supporting cast.

She put up comparable numbers to last year without the all-star cast of Noll and Bass. She had to step up in positions she never had to in previous seasons. When you start doing that, obviously you're going to lose out in the numbers game somewhere else. What it boils down to is the fact that she didn't play for a big name team, a team that's recognized as a powerhouse throughout the state (ie Boone Cty or Notre Dame) so no one else in the state cared. It's not the end of the world...she proved herself to those she played with and against and to all those who watched her from the stands. Doesn't change the fact that she's going to tear it up at NKU for the next four years! Recognition is nice but it's not necessary...those who have watched her play for HC and her AAU teams know where she stands.

My guess is after this week's state tourney, Some voters will wish they had added a few names to the list, Most notable would be Laura Terry and Emily Queen from Rose Hill. Both will play at a major D1 school and Terry just lit up Shelby for 34 and probably 12 to 15 rebounds! Big disappointment to see these to left off the list. Not taking anything away from the girls who are listed but how many of them have their team in the state tourney??