Two very similar players, one D1 commit, one can't get time of day.

HoopsLady

I have two highlights here. Very similar measurables. One WR comitted to Ohio U, another has no D1 offer.

Player # 1

Kyle Belack - Hudl'

Player # 2

Logan Winkler - Hudl

Is there anything in the tapes that makes one stand out from the other? I am admittedly untrained in these matters.

Appreciate you comments. Thanks.

I don't know the answer. The only thing can see is the noted timeline on this website. Kyle Belack

He must have been very impressive in these camps. It is also noted that he ran a 4.48 at the Shrine Bowl camp.

Is there any official record of Winkler running a 4.4?

I don't know the answer. The only thing can see is the noted timeline on this website. Kyle Belack

He must have been very impressive in these camps. It is also noted that he ran a 4.48 at the Shrine Bowl camp.

Is there any official record of Winkler running a 4.4?

No way he is a 4.4 guy! If so the d1 would be at the door!!

What are grades like, act scores, etc. Also what camps did he attend? Exposure is key. What schools do they attend have the schools put out d1 kids in the past? I have seen alot of d2/ d3 kids with clear d1 talent and size. I have seen kids with d2 ,d3 talent go d1 ( not often) Many parents overshoot what the kid is capable of. If your only sending the kids tape to sec schools because thats your dream then your setting the kid up for failure.

• 1 month later...
What are grades like, act scores, etc. Also what camps did he attend? Exposure is key. What schools do they attend have the schools put out d1 kids in the past? I have seen alot of d2/ d3 kids with clear d1 talent and size. I have seen kids with d2 ,d3 talent go d1 ( not often) Many parents overshoot what the kid is capable of. If your only sending the kids tape to sec schools because thats your dream then your setting the kid up for failure.

THANK YOU!!!!! It took several posts for someone to mention anything about the grades as well as the character of each athlete. You can be fast as a rabbit and strong as an ox, but if you can't comprehend what college academics will be about, 9 out of 10, a Division I program will be less likely to take a chance of wasting a scholarship on you. I always preach;grades first!