Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will the Bengals make the playoffs this year?

Will the Bengals make the Playoffs? 12 members have voted

  1. 1. Will the Bengals make the Playoffs?

    • Yes, They win the Division to earn a spot
      16%
      2
    • Yes, They make it as a wildcard team
      8%
      1
    • Yes, they make it but get bounced in the 1st round...again
      8%
      1
    • No, they don't make it this year but don't worry Marvin's job is safe
      66%
      8

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

8-7-1.

 

And I have no idea if that gets you into the playoffs. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out how the Bengals beat the Ravens twice.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But, whatever, keep defending him, his record speaks volumes if you ask me.

 

You're right, it does.

 

HB, when you constantly bang the same drum for years and years, the specific reason you started banging it is forgotten. I haven't memorized the nuances of Marvin that you like and respect, nor the litany of issues that you want him fired for. I just know that the "fire Marvin" and "bench Dalton" narratives are ever-present with you.

  • Author
I'm sure you could do better. It is amazing that you aren't coaching in the NFL and you're doing whatever it is you do for a living. Crazy, to be honest. I'm sure you'd be a .500 coach in the NFL, honestly, I have no doubt in my mind you could take over the worst franchise in pro sports and turn it into an annual playoff team. The "man" is clearly holding you back.

Wow?!?! Really??

 

So in your book, nobody can ever criticize anything that anyone else does unless we are doing the exact same job and getting paid for it.

 

Wow, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

  • Author
You're right, it does.

 

HB, when you constantly bang the same drum for years and years, the specific reason you started banging it is forgotten. I haven't memorized the nuances of Marvin that you like and respect, nor the litany of issues that you want him fired for. I just know that the "fire Marvin" and "bench Dalton" narratives are ever-present with you.

You seem to conveniently forget about the positive things I've said about them also, I talked Dalton up big time for example the first 3 weeks of the season.

 

I don't know if you are more upset that they are doing bad or that you are realizing the things I've said about them the last 2 years are correct. I tend to think you don't like admitting that maybe HB is on to something.

Wow?!?! Really??

 

So in your book, nobody can ever criticize anything that anyone else does unless we are doing the exact same job and getting paid for it.

 

Wow, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

 

Criticize away, but your axe to grind with Marvin and Andy is the equivalent of UK#1Fan riding Barker for two years and then always acting shocked when called on it. All you do is rip, criticize, hammer on, and call for their dismissals...forgiving the fact that their records, in total, are actually pretty solid.

 

I have admitted that I like Marvin personally so I'm 100% sure that factors in to me getting sick of the constant bashing that occurs. The guy will be gone soon, you'll have your wish, and then I'm sure by next October that guy will be an idiot too.

I tend to think you don't like admitting that maybe HB is on to something.

HB, no one ever has time to post that you were right about something because when you are correct, you always beat us to the punch letting us know.

 

I don't think the Bengals being 5-3-1 this season prove anything about Marvin, or Dalton for that matter, but feel free to put your incessant shots at them over the last two years as one in the win column for yourself.

  • Author
And for the record I supported Marvin being let go after last season. Many Bengal fans act like he has run the franchise in to the ground, which is not the case, the bar has been raised big time by Lewis; but, I believe he has reached his ceiling with this organization and a fresh start for he and the team is warranted.

I agree, he hasn't run the organization into the ground. What he's done is give this franchise hope when he got here and that I will always credit him with. That does not make one a great HC.

 

IF we get a new coach next year will things be better? The statistics say no, at least not right away. It also depends on who they get. The Bengals under Mike Brown have been very consistent when it comes to hiring head coaches, and that is every single one that Mike hired except for 1 (Bruce Coslet who was a bad HC with the Jets before returning to Cincy) have been first time Head Coaches in the league. So a lot would depend on who they hire if the team will be succesful right away under them or not.

 

With all that said, I don't think Marvin is gone either, but if he is removed from that position I would love for Mike to actually make him GM which won't happen because Mike likes that to stay in family with he and Troy & Katie Blackburn

  • Author
Criticize away, but your axe to grind with Marvin and Andy is the equivalent of UK#1Fan riding Barker for two years and then always acting shocked when called on it. All you do is rip, criticize, hammer on, and call for their dismissals...forgiving the fact that their records, in total, are actually pretty solid.

 

I have admitted that I like Marvin personally so I'm 100% sure that factors in to me getting sick of the constant bashing that occurs. The guy will be gone soon, you'll have your wish, and then I'm sure by next October that guy will be an idiot too.

I think Marvin is a great person Mentsch, you just confuse me not thinking he's a very good Head coach as me not liking him personally. Actually I really like him personally and have spent a lot of time with him in the past. So don't confuse the two please.

To answer the question, if we beat the Saints this week I think the Bengals will make the playoffs, if not, I doubt it.

With all that said, I don't think Marvin is gone either, but if he is removed from that position I would love for Mike to actually make him GM which won't happen because Mike likes that to stay in family with he and Troy & Katie Blackburn

 

Except that Duke Tobin is already serving in that capacity, neither Katie nor Troy. Duke deserves nearly all of the praise that their drafts have received over the last few years. To replace Duke with Marvin would border on criminally insane.

  • Author
Except that Duke Tobin is already serving in that capacity, neither Katie nor Troy. Duke deserves nearly all of the praise that their drafts have received over the last few years. To replace Duke with Marvin would border on criminally insane.

So then Marvin doesn't deserve all the credit many have given him over the years saying he has been such an impact on player evaluations and responsible for the draft etc.?

 

I know, and you know that actually Mike still has final say and will tell you that if asked.

So then Marvin doesn't deserve all the credit many have given him over the years saying he has been such an impact on player evaluations and responsible for the draft etc.?

 

I know, and you know that actually Mike still has final say and will tell you that if asked.

 

See the bottom of post #23, no, Marvin doesn't deserve most of the credit for these drafts.

 

I also 100% do not know (nor think) that Mike Brown still has the final say on personnel matters.

How many NFL coaches have gone from being a head coach to being relegated to GM duties? 0? It doesn't happen, guys. He is a coach.

  • Author
How many NFL coaches have gone from being a head coach to being relegated to GM duties? 0? It doesn't happen, guys. He is a coach.

Wasn't Bill Parcels basically that for Miami? His title isn't GM, but it is Executive Vice President of Football Operations and just like Player Development like Tobin, I would guess they probably do some very similar things.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.