Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching Changes....

Featured Replies

Now that the season is over for all but one nky team.... Are there any coaching changes that may be happening for next year?

 

I've heard that NCC will be looking for a new coach....

  • Replies 124
  • Views 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard the same, McDonald from NewCath was "let go". That's all I was told.

Why would NCC let their coach go, he did a fantastic job with that program?

 

Will Scott coach return for another year?

Why would NCC let their coach go, he did a fantastic job with that program?

 

Will Scott coach return for another year?

 

If he doesn't maybe we can hire you

What would make you think I'm interested. By the way I have no desire to coach at scott. I just enjoy watching

What would make you think I'm interested. By the way I have no desire to coach at scott. I just enjoy watching

 

I'm not sure your qualified. It's a big jump from a league of not keeping score and where everybody gets a ribbon to having to play competitively.

I'm not sure your qualified. It's a big jump from a league of not keeping score and where everybody gets a ribbon to having to play competitively.

 

These days, they call that first grade.

Your right soccer dummy, your kids are safe, as I am old school. You get a yellow you sit the rest of the half period. It installs discipline, which according to this blog is what scott is missing maybe the coach should try it......oh yeah he encourages lack of disciplie

  • Author

Hearing more rumours concerning Scott, CCH, and Highlands may be in the market for new coaches.... not sure how much truth there is to this though

Yellow, Instant sit.......also a dumb rule.....for dissent...absolutely...whole game if needed....but

 

Discourages hard but legal play. The ref that uses yellow for both players to calm things down instead of a yellow for the guilty party now affects playing time. Teams then start to target players. On restarts, other teams jostle around until a yellow is given to both.....next play, other teams player comes in and your sits. A yellow for a hard but legal tackle....or for a "good foul"......there are such things......affects your team .....

 

Good thought, but each should be looked at separately, and a wide brush stroke policy isn't smart either.

Our you have an undisciplined team, it's not a dumb rule".................if you have a disciplined team, then yes a dumb rule. The only way to instill discipline when the animals run the zoo, is to go strong them loosen the reins

Automatic sit on a yellow, dumb rule.

 

Automatic sit on a yellow for dissent or unsportsmanlike conduct, that's the coach's prerogative. And perhaps is the discipline tool a coach can use to tighten the reins on the zoo animals. Maybe you should tell Thane Maynard at the Cincinnati Zoo.

:lol2:

 

The automatic discipline for > is how kindergartners get expelled for displaying a "L" with their thumb and pointer finger (bringing a "gun" to school). You take common sense and decision making out of the equation for the ease of "well, that's just the rule."

Scott’s coach will return, no amount of Scott bashing out here in blog land can change the fact that Scott brought home the district title, regional title, and for the first time in Scott history became state finalists. Scott’s record ended 20 -3 - 1. We have an outstanding group of coaches and they have the parent’s full support.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.