Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching Changes....

Featured Replies

Sorry Forlife.......for this one I have to reference an older post of yours from the disqualification thread (#14).......

"BTW...the count is 9 Varsity red cards over the past two years with no offenders from last year receiving this year....wish you guys could count as well as you can point fingers."

 

It doesn't seem as if the cards in the past years is a good indicator for cards in the future years....

 

Just saying........I will say that down the stretch, the coach seemed to pull people out and protect them when they received a yellow........which was different from the beginning of the season ........and no one can argue with the teams success this year.

 

No worries Oldtime....I was stating a fact then that was completely accurate at the time it was made just as I stated a fact going forward that is completely accurate. There is a difference between stating fact and posing an argument. Obviously no one can see the future as no one would have put Scott in the state final this past season. While you may not argue Scott's success this year there are many that have tried everything they can think of to discredit it. Check out post 30 of this thread. My son had a great season but no individual player has a great season without the help of their team mates.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FACT - Administration has had issues. Dahlian was at the point of almost not coming back this year because of all the disagreements.

 

FACT - Dahlian knows the game very well and had his team firing on all cylinders at the right time.

 

TBD - Will he get another year or not? Tough to say how things will shake out from the meeting with KHSAA and how the past 2 years card tally reflects on the school/program. Personally, I'd like to see him come back next year to see if it was due to a couple bad apples or if it's him lacking control/instilling discipline in the program.

 

unbaised

 

Not aware of any administration issues with him.

 

TBD- I would hate to see any of the coaches that have been mentioned here get let go due to cards issued in a match. Or not winning more games or the big game. All of the teams mentioned had outstanding seasons. Not making any excuses here..... But one of the primary topics / rants on this blog has been the inconsistantency in how games are called...imsays not being negative here just pointing this out.

 

All give you an example here of what I mean. In the JV regional Scott vs. CCH the center carded a CCH player for what I'm not sure buy the way this ref is a pretty good basketball ref. But the entire game he was calling fouls just as if he were calling a game on the hardwood the problem was he wasn't on the hardwood he was on the pitch. I saw examples of this all year in every game.

 

It is very difficult for players to know from one half to the next what is being called and what isn't being called much less from one game to the next . And that is no different for coaches. I'm not saying we shouldn't raise the bar for accountability I'm just saying it seems a little unfair to hold coaches accountable for the inconsistency of refs.

I don't know about any issues or not that Scott's coach may have had but let's be honest, it makes it a bit easier to coach when you have a Treadway on your team. Without him, Scott was pretty run of the mill/average.........at best. Kick it up to him, let him try to score. Let's see how they do next year if their coach is still around.

 

Don't know anything about the other rumors but would also be surprised if McDonald was dismissed at NCC. St. Henry would be another shocker to me. As far as CCH, no news on that front that I'm aware of and I don't think it would be happening. That's not to say that there is not a lot of disappointment in the regional results.

 

Groinpull, I get what your saying but I am not sure I would go as far to say that they were "average" at best without Treadway. I would agree that he's the most talented on the team but I can think of several teams in NKY that would have been improved by adding a Morgan, Seay, or Schneider to their starting 11 this past season. I also think it is worth noting that they had a few quality wins without his help this year. Because of Red Cards, Treadway did not compete in 6 of their matches and was also out for part of 2 others.

Hearing more rumours concerning Scott, CCH, and Highlands may be in the market for new coaches.... not sure how much truth there is to this though

 

Rule out the whole Scott Coaching vacancy as a parent everyone was thrilled with the job he did and the success he brought back to Taylor Mill.

 

You all kill me with your stupid rumors! From now on let's not post until we can confirm it's the truth.

 

I also heard from Scott administration that they are very happy with Anderson and are looking forward to another run next year like this previous year.

I don't know about any issues or not that Scott's coach may have had but let's be honest, it makes it a bit easier to coach when you have a Treadway on your team. Without him, Scott was pretty run of the mill/average.........at best. Kick it up to him, let him try to score. Let's see how they do next year if their coach is still around.

 

Don't know anything about the other rumors but would also be surprised if McDonald was dismissed at NCC. St. Henry would be another shocker to me. As far as CCH, no news on that front that I'm aware of and I don't think it would be happening. That's not to say that there is not a lot of disappointment in the regional results.

 

Wow groinpull, so let me get this straight. You are saying that no other team in NKY had a player as good as Treadway? Because if all a team needs is a Treadway to get to the state finals then that goes to say no one else at any other school in NKY is as good as him. That is quite a compliment for Luke I will be sure to pass it on to him. I however believe that there are several boys in the area that can play at his level. Soccer is a team sport. Whether you want to acknowledge anyone else on Scott's team or not, I can assure they acknowledge each other. Not only do we graduate Treadway and Schneider but also our entire back line. Next year will certainly be a re-building year no matter who the coach is.

Groinpull, I get what your saying but I am not sure I would go as far to say that they were "average" at best without Treadway. I would agree that he's the most talented on the team but I can think of several teams in NKY that would have been improved by adding a Morgan, Seay, or Schneider to their starting 11 this past season. I also think it is worth noting that they had a few quality wins without his help this year. Because of Red Cards, Treadway did not compete in 6 of their matches and was also out for part of 2 others.

 

On a statewide level? Yes, average at best. Seay is a good keeper, I agree.......but lots of good keepers out there this year though, including in N. Ky. The other two, yes good players but lots of those are out there as well. Neither is a difference maker like Treadway in my opinion. You could probably look through the top 10 teams in N. Ky. and find a couple good ones (at least) on each team.

Rule out the whole Scott Coaching vacancy as a parent everyone was thrilled with the job he did and the success he brought back to Taylor Mill.

 

You all kill me with your stupid rumors! From now on let's not post until we can confirm it's the truth.

 

I also heard from Scott administration that they are very happy with Anderson and are looking forward to another run next year like this previous year.

 

Now UKfan12... What would be the fun in that.

 

I do know that at least one of the "rumors" about a coaching change is in fact true.

Wow groinpull, so let me get this straight. You are saying that no other team in NKY had a player as good as Treadway? Because if all a team needs is a Treadway to get to the state finals then that goes to say no one else at any other school in NKY is as good as him. That is quite a compliment for Luke I will be sure to pass it on to him. I however believe that there are several boys in the area that can play at his level. Soccer is a team sport. Whether you want to acknowledge anyone else on Scott's team or not, I can assure they acknowledge each other. Not only do we graduate Treadway and Schneider but also our entire back line. Next year will certainly be a re-building year no matter who the coach is.

 

That's exactly what I am saying, congrats on figuring out the obvious. As much as I dislike his style of flopping, whining and hacking he is very talented and hard to handle. Easily the best forward in N. Ky. and probably the state but I didn't see everyone. Treadway carried Scott to the finals and you are wearing rose-colored glasses if you don't see that.

Now UKfan12... What would be the fun in that.

 

I do know that at least one of the "rumors" about a coaching change is in fact true.

 

OK I'll play which one?

On a statewide level? Yes, average at best. Seay is a good keeper, I agree.......but lots of good keepers out there this year though, including in N. Ky. The other two, yes good players but lots of those are out there as well. Neither is a difference maker like Treadway in my opinion. You could probably look through the top 10 teams in N. Ky. and find a couple good ones (at least) on each team.

 

Did you watch the final game? You're saying you don't think Morgan is a difference maker? He in my opinion is what kept the Eagles in the game. Not only did he score a goal to take thee as in the first half but also the 4th goal in the second half to bring them back in it. Morgan finished the season with 16 goals and 24 assists. Not a difference maker? That's is funny. And as for Schnieder, 30 goals isn't enough to be considered a difference maker? I agree that Treadway is the top player on the team but Shnieder and Morgan would add a quality improvement to any team. You just put down every kid in NKY by saying Treadway is the best player out there and no matter who he plays with, they would be just as successful. Treadway can take the field by himself and win? Interesting concept. Let me see if I have this right, Treadway alone vs Cooper, you think he would win? Your posts just sound beyond ridiculous right now.

On a statewide level? Yes, average at best. Seay is a good keeper, I agree.......but lots of good keepers out there this year though, including in N. Ky. The other two, yes good players but lots of those are out there as well. Neither is a difference maker like Treadway in my opinion. You could probably look through the top 10 teams in N. Ky. and find a couple good ones (at least) on each team.

 

Statewide... No. I only made mention of NKY, not enough knowledge of teams all over the state to make this comparison, didn't realize you were talking statewide because you did not infer this.

 

I also think that since you are talking about a difference maker it really changes the scope of players I would throw in there. I would say there might be 15-20 statewide that might fit the bill.

Statewide... No. I only made mention of NKY, not enough knowledge of teams all over the state to make this comparison, didn't realize you were talking statewide because you did not infer this.

 

I also think that since you are talking about a difference maker it really changes the scope of players I would throw in there. I would say there might be 15-20 statewide that might fit the bill.

 

Yes, I meant statewide. I can't say how many difference makers there are statewide and not sure we'd agree on what that means but there are not many in any given year. He's the only one I'd put in that category from N. Ky. this year. Last year I would have said that was Evan O'Hara from Boone. Players that elevate their team to a level substantially higher than where they normally would be and win games for them.

That's why I said they are RUMORS

I was trying to validate them, not hear Scott parents say how happy they are with Anderson. Really the job isn't up to them... I hope he gets the chance to prove himself after his name has been raked through the mud this year.

 

As for the other rumors, I hear them from former and current coaches. It happens every year!

As for McDonald being dismissed, I have heard that there were parents that weren't happy with playing time so they had him run off. From the sounds of it, they came with pitch forks to his swamp like a scene from Shrek

unbaised

 

Not aware of any administration issues with him.

 

TBD- I would hate to see any of the coaches that have been mentioned here get let go due to cards issued in a match. Or not winning more games or the big game. All of the teams mentioned had outstanding seasons. Not making any excuses here..... But one of the primary topics / rants on this blog has been the inconsistantency in how games are called...imsays not being negative here just pointing this out.

 

All give you an example here of what I mean. In the JV regional Scott vs. CCH the center carded a CCH player for what I'm not sure buy the way this ref is a pretty good basketball ref. But the entire game he was calling fouls just as if he were calling a game on the hardwood the problem was he wasn't on the hardwood he was on the pitch. I saw examples of this all year in every game.

 

It is very difficult for players to know from one half to the next what is being called and what isn't being called much less from one game to the next . And that is no different for coaches. I'm not saying we shouldn't raise the bar for accountability I'm just saying it seems a little unfair to hold coaches accountable for the inconsistency of refs.

 

Not going down the ref debate, but perception is everything. You as a fan and/or parent might have a slighted opinion where administration/KHSAA has another. Like I said, I hope he gets another year in the event his "head is on the chopping block". Might see that it was bad apples, if there might be a lack of discipline, or... inconsistency of refs.

Did you watch the final game? You're saying you don't think Morgan is a difference maker? He in my opinion is what kept the Eagles in the game. Not only did he score a goal to take thee as in the first half but also the 4th goal in the second half to bring them back in it. Morgan finished the season with 16 goals and 24 assists. Not a difference maker? That's is funny. And as for Schnieder, 30 goals isn't enough to be considered a difference maker? I agree that Treadway is the top player on the team but Shnieder and Morgan would add a quality improvement to any team. You just put down every kid in NKY by saying Treadway is the best player out there and no matter who he plays with, they would be just as successful. Treadway can take the field by himself and win? Interesting concept. Let me see if I have this right, Treadway alone vs Cooper, you think he would win? Your posts just sound beyond ridiculous right now.

 

If you choose to think that I'm "putting down every player in N. Ky" by saying Treadway is the best offensive player out there then I don't follow you. As I said, Schneider and Morgan are good players but I could point you to half a dozen teams probably in N. Ky who have players of that quality. Boone, NCC, St. Henry, CCH, Cooper, Brossart, etc. All of them had at least a couple very good players. None had a Treadway. And yes, I did watch the final game.

 

Not sure where the Treadway taking the field by himself or Treadway alone vs. Cooper jibberish is coming from. Perhaps you are too consumed by your stats to figure out that I've never said that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.