Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching Changes....

Featured Replies

If this is the case, I think these NCC parents should think about having their kids play indoor, or in some Rec league, if they want playing time. I guess they might pay enough money... and their voices were heard... pretty sad IMO!!!

 

I hope the next coach is able to play their sons and still take them as far the next few seasons... I am pretty sure they have won a Regional match each of the past 4 years and picked up a Regional Championship and 2 Regional Finalists trophies along the way.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I said they are RUMORS

I was trying to validate them, not hear Scott parents say how happy they are with Anderson. Really the job isn't up to them... I hope he gets the chance to prove himself after his name has been raked through the mud this year.

 

As for the other rumors, I hear them from former and current coaches. It happens every year!

As for McDonald being dismissed, I have heard that there were parents that weren't happy with playing time so they had him run off. From the sounds of it, they came with pitch forks to his swamp like a scene from Shrek

 

Guess I should have added the laughing emoticon to my fact/rumor of the coach's association drawing for teams... I mean, I laughed.

 

You're right though, every year you hear this. Same teams, same rumors... yet Jeremy, Matthew, Nathan, Steve were all here again this year.

If this is the case, I think these NCC parents should think about having their kids play indoor, or in some Rec league, if they want playing time. I guess they might pay enough money... and their voices were heard... pretty sad IMO!!!

 

I hope the next coach is able to play their sons and still take them as far the next few seasons... I am pretty sure they have one a Regional match each of the past 4 years and picked up a Regional Championship and 2 Regional Finalists trophies along the way.

 

I think this is why finding a good high school coach is difficult. Look at how NDA struggled to find a coach before last season. I'm sure parent complaints are pretty big over there too as they are at many schools, including CCH. You have to have an administration that stands behind the coach.

I think this is why finding a good high school coach is difficult. Look at how NDA struggled to find a coach before last season. I'm sure parent complaints are pretty big over there too as they are at many schools, including CCH. You have to have an administration that stands behind the coach.[/QUOTE]

 

Exactly! This is high school soccer. Playing time is optional even when the player/the parent think it's been earned. You play to win and the coach puts the right team on the field to do that.

Did you watch the final game? You're saying you don't think Morgan is a difference maker? He in my opinion is what kept the Eagles in the game. Not only did he score a goal to take thee as in the first half but also the 4th goal in the second half to bring them back in it. Morgan finished the season with 16 goals and 24 assists. Not a difference maker? That's is funny. And as for Schnieder, 30 goals isn't enough to be considered a difference maker? I agree that Treadway is the top player on the team but Shnieder and Morgan would add a quality improvement to any team. You just put down every kid in NKY by saying Treadway is the best player out there and no matter who he plays with, they would be just as successful. Treadway can take the field by himself and win? Interesting concept. Let me see if I have this right, Treadway alone vs Cooper, you think he would win? Your posts just sound beyond ridiculous right now.

 

In the first three games of the state tournament, Scott scored 11 goals total and won all three games. Of those 11 goals, Treadway had 8 of them. Not a difference maker? Hello? Anyone in there? Do they get past Boyle County without him?

 

In the final, he appeared to me to have an off night really and I didn't think threatened much. The other difference makers were not enough and they lost.

In the first three games of the state tournament, Scott scored 11 goals total and won all three games. Of those 11 goals, Treadway had 8 of them. Not a difference maker? Hello? Anyone in there? Do they get past Boyle County without him?

 

In the final, he appeared to me to have an off night really and I didn't think threatened much. The other difference makers were not enough and they lost.

 

" I agree Treadway is the top player on the team " .. I don't know where you got that I said he was not a difference maker. I was just arguing that Morgan and Schnieder were also difference makes. At least to the Scott program, without them along side Treadway, he wouldn't have had as much success. I do not agree with your comment that Treadway had an off night and that the other difference makers were not enough. The difference makes in the game on Scott's side were Morgan, Schnieder, and Treadway who netted 4 goals. However the defense is what let the eagles down that night. BG had a very strong offense and a strong defense keeping Treadway out of the game, they really were one of thop top back lines, it wasn't an off game for Treadway he was just up against a quality defense that kept him in check which is what left Morgan and Schnieder up to make the difference, like I said the defense let them down. When you're up 3 to 1 you never expect to let the other team come back. Congratulations to BG, they were the real deal and had some quality quality players.

" I agree Treadway is the top player on the team " .. I don't know where you got that I said he was not a difference maker. I was just arguing that Morgan and Schnieder were also difference makes. At least to the Scott program, without them along side Treadway, he wouldn't have had as much success. I do not agree with your comment that Treadway had an off night and that the other difference makers were not enough. The difference makes in the game on Scott's side were Morgan, Schnieder, and Treadway who netted 4 goals. However the defense is what let the eagles down that night. BG had a very strong offense and a strong defense keeping Treadway out of the game, they really were one of thop top back lines, it wasn't an off game for Treadway he was just up against a quality defense that kept him in check which is what left Morgan and Schnieder up to make the difference, like I said the defense let them down. When you're up 3 to 1 you never expect to let the other team come back. Congratulations to BG, they were the real deal and had some quality quality players.

 

 

SEF. You are preachin' to the choir on that one.....reference the St H comeback against CCH......St H fans did you notice I said St H "comeback" instead of CCH "giving up the lead"........I'm growing as a person, which, quite frankly, is ticking me off......

SEF. You are preachin' to the choir on that one.....reference the St H comeback against CCH......St H fans did you notice I said St H "comeback" instead of CCH "giving up the lead"........I'm growing as a person, which, quite frankly, is ticking me off......

 

OTB84

 

Listen while I'm happy that your growing as a person I'm pretty sure that is in direct violation of the "BGP" rules and I may have to file a formal compliant with the monrator

OTB84

 

Listen while I'm happy that your growing as a person I'm pretty sure that is in direct violation of the "BGP" rules and I may have to file a formal compliant with the moderator.:lol:

Yellow card i agree completely. If parents can't handle the playing time their kid gets then maybe it is time to go play in a rec league. Or,better yet, go coach the team and play your kid for 80 minutes. For Ncc to drop Mike like that is crazy. I know Mike very well, he knows the game better than most people i know. His numbers at ncc speak for themselves. His passion for the game is crazy! When i get together with him all he talks about is soccer and his players. He genuinely cared about all of his players both past and present. I don't think he will have a problem finding another program, i would hate to lose a guy like Mike in Nky soccer. Mike will be a great addition to any team up here, good luck to him.

Yellow card i agree completely. If parents can't handle the playing time their kid gets then maybe it is time to go play in a rec league. Or,better yet, go coach the team and play your kid for 80 minutes. For Ncc to drop Mike like that is crazy. I know Mike very well, he knows the game better than most people i know. His numbers at ncc speak for themselves. His passion for the game is crazy! When i get together with him all he talks about is soccer and his players. He genuinely cared about all of his players both past and present. I don't think he will have a problem finding another program, i would hate to lose a guy like Mike in Nky soccer. Mike will be a great addition to any team up here, good luck to him.

 

This !

Yellow card i agree completely. If parents can't handle the playing time their kid gets then maybe it is time to go play in a rec league. Or,better yet, go coach the team and play your kid for 80 minutes. For Ncc to drop Mike like that is crazy. I know Mike very well, he knows the game better than most people i know. His numbers at ncc speak for themselves. His passion for the game is crazy! When i get together with him all he talks about is soccer and his players. He genuinely cared about all of his players both past and present. I don't think he will have a problem finding another program, i would hate to lose a guy like Mike in Nky soccer. Mike will be a great addition to any team up here, good luck to him.

 

Got a chance to meet Mike this year and chat with him at a handful of games, as you said, the soccer numbers speak for themselves. Really do not know him that well but seems to be a pretty quality individual off the pitch as well, not sure how NCC goes about filling his shoes.

Hi all. I am a regular reader and thought it was time to get my feet wet and join in the conversation!

 

I am here to mostly shed some light on the Coach McDonald situation. I played under Coach McDonald at NCC and graduated a few years ago. I absolutely loved playing for Coach Mike. He would jump off a cliff for each and every one of his players. Mike absolutely loved coaching at NCC, enough that he turned down other jobs that paid much much more.

 

To my understanding, Rob Detzel (AD at NCC) fired Coach McDonald after a talk with a parent who has two sons on NCC's team who both did not receive much playing time. The three things that Mike was fired for were calling one player a bad word, pushing one player to the ground, and talking about being drunk all the time. For one, the player that he called the name was this man's son. To be honest, he deserved to be called one and needed it. His hand (and the entire team's hand) had been held and the boys needed to see their coach mad at them, disappointed in them. And I cannot see this as a fireable offense (thoughts of what NCC's football coaches yell at their players are running through my mind...). Secondly, in talking to a player on the team this year, the instance where he pushed a player to the ground goes as follows. The boys were circling and stretching and joking about their reputation as a flopping team, so Mike walked in and nudged one of the freshmen who fell to the ground as a flop. This is ridiculous if this is what Coach McDonald was fired for. Lastly, Mike NEVER talked about being drunk. The player who I talked to says that he only did to teach life lessons to the boys, like what not to do so to speak.

 

I still haven't talked to Mike about the whole thing, but the player I talked to said he was disappointed that NCC's administration stabbed him in the back. The administration didn't talk to Mike about any of this; they just went off of a parent's story without even hearing Mike's side to this story. To add on this, they fired him over the phone, too.

 

Coach McDonald was a hell of a coach, and NCC is at loss on this one. I know that Mike made hardly any money, and the only coach still on staff is the freshmen coach. So with the little budget that NCC gives to paying the soccer coaches, I can't see them finding a coach like Mike, and assistants and a JV staff on top of that.

 

Coach Mike was like a father to me, and I will have his back in any discussion. I would back him over the NCC soccer program at this point. I hope he finds another coaching job here in NKY because it would be a huge loss if he leaves. Best of luck to both Coach McDonald and NCC moving forward.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 8

Interesting. This is the first coach that has ever been run off by a parent in my time following NewCath. If anything, there is a blind loyalty to the men holding the coaching positions. I would like to hear the admins side. Detzel gets my benefit of the doubt until I hear the story from his side.

I do not have near the details that insidesource2 does but I was told that he was "run off" because of parents complaining to the AD.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.