‘Iolani Prep Basketball Classic (Hawaii)

Some tournaments pay expenses or part of expenses, the rest the school/team fundraises. City of Palms, Beach Ball, and Whataburger in Texas pays all expenses for teams. Without any help from the tournament this would cost at least 20-25 k depending on how many you take care of in your program.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Can I watch or listen to this somewhere?

It looks like the semis and finals can be found here: Live streaming broadcasts - ScoringLive

And info, photos, stats on past games here: Boys Basketball - ScoringLive :: Hawaii High School Sports :: ILH, OIA, BIIF, KIF, MIL ::

Schedule and results here: http://www.iolani.org/iolani-classic/2014-boys-schedule-results

you cant play a "scrimmage" after you have already started your season. Any KHSAA school has to play another school that is a registered member of their states association.

So that just means if they play another school, regardless of the state, they have to be a member of their state assoc. Meaning they couldn't travel their and play a prep school because they are not part of a state HS assoc. But Oak Hill or any other high school team from wherever would be part of their HS state assoc and would be good to go.

Am I reading this correctly?

So that just means if they play another school, regardless of the state, they have to be a member of their state assoc. Meaning they couldn't travel their and play a prep school because they are not part of a state HS assoc. But Oak Hill or any other high school team from wherever would be part of their HS state assoc and would be good to go.

Am I reading this correctly?

Oak Hill, Huntington Prep, schools of that type would NEVER be able to meet most if not all state's high school association rules I'm quite sure. They actively recruit and bring in kids from all over the nation and even the world. I believe they also have kids at times that would fall outside the age eligibility requirements as well.

If there are any die hards out there willing to lose sleep, starting at 11:30 pm EST there will be live coverage of the semis in Hawaii at the link provided in an earlier post in this thread.

Bishop O'Dowd (Calif) vs. Orange Lutheran (Calif)

Bishop O'Dowd is the team that defeated Lexingon Catholic yesterday.

Then at 1:00 am EST

St. John Bosco (Calif) vs. Oak Hill (Va.)

It appears that there is a 5 hour difference and judging by the schedule, Lexington Catholic's game with Miller Grove (Ga.) in the loser's bracket was supposed to start about 8:30 EST, but so far I'm seeing no results. Perhaps it's still in progress.