2015 St. X football schedule

X will beat BG in 2015..
Because we all haven't heard this phrase before... I'm sorry but until they actually do it, or heck, until ANY team in KY does it, you can't convince me that the Tigers will win this game. I have a lot of respect for the schedule they have put together though. But throwing that out there, IMO, makes you lose a lot of credibility after the last four years. Kinda UK1Fan-ish.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, that is an awesome schedule!:thumb:

Now before 2011, St X was (I believe) 8 and 0 against BG. BG's last 4 years are by far their best. BG is ROLLIN now for sure, but I have to hold the rope a bit to not lose perspective. This years game at BG, IMO St X should have won. They were inside the red at the end of the first half and several times in the second half and couldn't get it done. 2012, I believe, was a great game too and very close. (Fant won that one when he caught a TD pass with 3 Tigers all over him!)

I love playing St X! Yes, my Purples have won recently so it's easy for me to think that, but I know it will be a great game and they always play with class. Already looking forward to it. Lot of business to take care of first though! :thumb:

Nice schedule, full 10 games in regular season. Competition will be tough, prolly three KY state champs, BG, Highlands and Central. Also, Cincy St. X is anticipated to compete this year for OH state championship. Very challenging!!! This schedule will make the Tigers better prepared for district games....

Lots of football to be played in 2014...... Go Tigers!!!!

I'm glad they still have at least one OOS game, even though it is game 10 they are still fun. Can't complain with the non district games. Rival Trinity to go with the best team in 5A, 4A, and 3A.

On a side note, using the same thinking used for the X/T game, until X beats BG again it is hard to say X will beat them in 2015.

Edited by LongTimeReader

Wow: two 5A and one 3A? You must be very proud.:meh:

Just worry about having a full 10 game schedule.

Don't worry LTR, funny he should be talking about you being proud. I'm sure he's proud about his third place finish in district this year. Schedule really helped them there huh?

For Avid: No way is the Cincy X game "as big" as the T game for X. Ask any player on this year's team if they would be just as happy this year if X would have lost to T and beaten Cincy X and I cannot imagine a single player would make that trade.

For all the BG folks (and to a degree i am one): BG stopped scheduling T. Fine. I hated that on both fronts. But you cannot dodge the best team in the state for the past decade and then claim that you are the best team in the state. It doesn't work that way. And while I am not sure what the overall record of BG vs. T is, I am pretty sure - though not positive - that BG has never beaten T.

For Avid: No way is the Cincy X game "as big" as the T game for X. Ask any player on this year's team if they would be just as happy this year if X would have lost to T and beaten Cincy X and I cannot imagine a single player would make that trade. For all the BG folks (and to a degree i am one): BG stopped scheduling T. Fine. I hated that on both fronts. But you cannot dodge the best team in the state for the past decade and then claim that you are the best team in the state. It doesn't work that way. And while I am not sure what the overall record of BG vs. T is' date=' I am pretty sure - though not positive - that BG has never beaten T.[/quote']

They played them to a score of 14-12 four seasons ago. Hardly a decade. So you're saying that in the last two seasons BG has not made a case for the best team in the state? Trinity has not impressed by any means. What logic are you using that claims them as the best team in the state right now? Humor me.

I'll use the logic of a national championship team in 2011 and another ridiculously good team in 2012 (Quick, Hatcher, Wright, Young, et al.) BG would be 2-2 at best the last four years and - as stated previously - has yet to EVER beat T. Also, T wanted to keep playing, but BG basically said "uncle". Funny thing is that anyone who knows me on this site knows that I am a big BG fan. Seriously. I come from the time when W.A. was principal, Matt Logic had a fired up baseball team, and Cannon Simpson drained about 10 3s per game. I am so not a BG hater, they just haven't hit the T plateau...yet. (Note: the 14-12 game was when T used a 4th string QB - actually a WR - and threw something like 8 passes total for the game. And still won on the road.)

I'll use the logic of a national championship team in 2011 and another ridiculously good team in 2012 (Quick' date=' Hatcher, Wright, Young, et al.) BG would be 2-2 at best the last four years. [/quote']

Thank you for adding those extra two years and dodging my question. BG would be 2-0 the past two years. Bowling Green without a doubt was the best team in the state last year. This year you could make an arguement but certainly not for Trinity. Not first in state the past two seasons, they aren't even first in their own district.

And since you put an asterick next to the 14-12 game, I'll put a asterick next to the "national championship". (Note: national championships in high school football do not exist)