Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A Playoff Bracket

Featured Replies

  • Replies 38
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a two team race between Mayfield and Beechwood or can Frankfort surprise again? After Mayfields destruction of Caldwell last night I would say it's there's to lose.

Is this a two team race between Mayfield and Beechwood or can Frankfort surprise again? After Mayfields destruction of Caldwell last night I would say it's there's to lose.

 

How does Mayfield's win over 2A Caldwell stack up against BW's wins over Franklin County and Cov Cath?

How does Mayfield's win over 2A Caldwell stack up against BW's wins over Franklin County and Cov Cath?

 

What do you think?

What do you think?

 

All signature wins. If BW and MF spend Thanksgiving together then we might see the best game of the playoffs. Now, your thoughts Snake?

Nice wins by both teams.

 

Good loses by both teams, Mt Healthy / BW and McCracken / Mayfield.

 

I think Mayfield has the best defense in 1A and if they can get their offense going then I like their chances.

 

BW has been playing well and having home field advantage through out the playoffs is huge.

 

I think these are the best two teams in 1A and barring injuries , it's either BW or MF for the 1A title. Pikeville is a quality team also but I'm not sold on them.

Mayfield has the best defense in 1A. What I have seen on film they are very sound.

 

Beechwood offense is much improved and will give plenty of teams fits. They do a good job mixing it up.

CoachBuckett, don't sell Fridays win over Danville short. I get the feeling you like everyone talking about Mfd and Bwd, while your Panthers fly under the radar, like a snake in the grass, ready to strike. I'm sure Russellville & H.Cross feel the same way.

If mayfields offense clicks through the playoffs like they did against caldwell, and that's a big if, they will win it all. Russelville will be a challenge because they can OUT SPEED us, but I think we'll win by more than the first game. Beechwood will be a tuff out on their turf, but I don't think beechwood will pull it off. I think the cards make it to BG, and Win a hard fight against pikeville.

I really like the Raceland/Pikeville winner to come out of the east. They're both strong running and passing and have challenged themselves with solid schedules this year. W"burg and Hazard will be right in the hunt, as well, but, with Rgn 3 having to travel to Rgn 4 this year, I think that gives the Rgn 4 winner a little advantage.

Is Mayfield automatically at home for the 3rd round game vs the Louisville schools? If not will they will be pulling for Rville so they can have a home game?

BW has been playing well and having home field advantage through out the playoffs is huge.

 

 

I agreed with everything you said except this. I have not seen a home field advantage when we have played in big games anywhere and do not think we will here with this being most likely the final time these 2 ever play (if both are lucky enough to get to this game). Mf will should be ready to play Bw anywhere and we usually travel well and in the past have matched Bw crowd.

 

Russ worries me some, they are flat out faster than we are and that is about the first time I can recall a team being just noticeably faster in awhile. Though they are raw and make a lot of mistakes, should they play a mistake free (very few) game they could bust a lot of peoples brackets. I just do not think they are capable of winning 5 games in a row where the final 4 games are all against good teams.

 

Out west (WKY) these are the only 2 title contenders

 

Frank looks to be in that class with Russ as possible outside contenders

 

I have my $ on Bw to face Mf in the substate game and hope this is the case except for the insane drive. The fan base for both is large on here and both sides would be energized that week making for a fun last one between these 2 on the Cards Fair well tour of Class A.

 

Should we get the Mf @ Bw matchup, I expect a similar game as we usually get between these two with Bw keeping it close for a half before Mf opens up another dominating second half effort and closes out with a win.

 

I know far to little of the east to make a prediction but sounds like Pike is the favorite

Is Mayfield automatically at home for the 3rd round game vs the Louisville schools? If not will they will be pulling for Rville so they can have a home game?

 

We will have to pull for Russ or we travel to Louisville

 

Mayfield could end up in the mess we had in 2013 where we travel to Louisville, the next week Ft Mitchell and the following Friday morning we are traveling to BG. Needed 2 oil changes on my car that year after all the traveling the last 3 weeks

I'm pulling heavily for Russelville, even though as TP stated, their speed is kinda scary. I personally am gonna pull for Raceland out East. I really enjoy their fans on this site! I can only imagine the excitement there would be if they can get to Bowling Green. As far as driving to Ft. Mitchell, I don't think my wife would let me make that trip with the Bowling Green trip possible for the following weekend (she doesn't go to games with me). :(

Whoever comes out of the West wins, IMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.