Jefferstown 59 Ballard 57

Biggest lead of the game belonged to Ballard at 6-0. After that it was back and forth the rest of the way. J-town used an early surge in the 4th to take a 50-45 lead, but Ballard came right back to tie it. Cedrick Ware hit a reverse layup with a touch over a minute left to give J-town the lead for good. After a jump ball gave possession to J-town with 5 seconds to go, Ballard stole the inbounds pass and called time out. Ballard got a great look in the corner for the win, but it rattled off the rim. Dale Easley had his best game of the region. Not sure of totals, but dominated the hustle stats. Great atmosphere given the delay in the game. Great win for Coach Morrow in a game between two schools with quite a bit of recent history.

Solid game, though he still needs to get stronger with the ball---brings it down low too much. Definitely was a force in the middle defensively. Ballard was very tentative with their penetration other than Hamilton. Coleman had the defensive play of the game blocking a shot off the board trailing a fast break which preserved a 2 point Charger lead at the time. Think Tayshaun Prince in the NBA Finals on a high school level.

How did Nick Gagel do?

His dad is a regular at my work.

Looked a little tight at first, as many of the J-town players did, but hit a couple of big 3s to change momentum in the 1st half. Most importantly, he stepped up and hit 2 big free throws inside a minute (after the Coleman block, I believe). These came after he had very few touches in the 2nd half and after J-town really struggled from the FT line (double digit misses). I think they only missed one in the 4th quarter, however.