Rose Hill 68 Russell 54

Those predicting a Russell victory kept saying the difference would be Kidwell.

The only trick Kidwell could have done to win this one would be to hide Queen, Terry and Faulkner's uniforms so they couldnt play.

Russell played with heart but the most talented team won--pure and simple.

Preliminary stats according to Go Radio...

Balanced scoring and rebounding for Rose Hill:

Queen 21 pts / 4 reb

Terry 19 pts / 5 reb

K Faulkner 17 pts / 5 reb

Yates 7 pts / 5 reb

B Faulkner 2 pts / 2 reb

Spradlin 2 pts / 1 reb

Russell went as follows:

Fortman 17 pts / 11 reb

Daniels 11 pts / 6 reb

C Okoro 7 pts / 9 reb

Simpson 6 pts / ? reb

Atkins 5 pts / 4 reb

Menshouse 4 pts / 4 reb

Sparks 2 pts / 3 reb

K Okoro 2 pts / 1 reb

The standout stat apart from the final score was turnovers:

RHCS 13

RHS 23

Dan Tanna,,,Dan Tanna,,,where doest thou hideth Dan Tanna? Congratulations to the Lady Royals. IMO Miss Spradlin was player of the game and only scored 2 pts. RH had 16 steals and she was part of at least half of those, she got on the floor for several loose balls and hounded the Russell girls all the way up the floor and it was evident that they began to wear down in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Queen had 21, Terry had 19, and Kala Faulkner had 17. Very solid performance by the entire team. Britt played terrific defense and Miss Yates was key with 7pts(I believe) and several rebounds. I'm sure Himmelfarb has more precise details. Good Luck girls in the regional final. FWIW, all the pregame garb about "Merle is just a much better coach and will make a difference". Hogwash!!!!!!!!!!!!! I listened to his pregame interview on the way to the game, he stated that he had an "answer for their guards". If that was the case, then he obviously didn't know the question. Russell controlled the 1st quarter and Pam Euton,(she coaches Rose Hill:sssh: ) made an adjustment and the Royals took control from there. Frankly, I'm glad I made the trip!

Oh yeah, Miss Spradlin still wasn't tired and she decided to run home. She passed me on 64 right before the Grayson exit.:jump:

Congrats to the Lady Royals. You girls definitely got after it on defense. Katy was her usual self. She was all over the court. Sarah Yates played a great game. She just quitely goes about her business without much recognition.:thumb: Emily, Laura and Kayla carried the offensive load and also played tough defense. Britt got into some early foul trouble, but also played a big part tonight. Great job girls. One more and you are regional champs. :dancingpa :dancingpa

I have to comment on Laura Terry and how much she has improved. I've only had the opportunity to see them play 2 other times before tonight, but it is amazing how much Laura has improved since her 8th grade year. She has made herself into a Division 1 prospect. :thumb: :thumb:

Dan Tanna,,,Dan Tanna,,,where doest thou hideth Dan Tanna?

In the words of the great boxer Rocky Balboa "I'm here, you won't have to look to find me. I'm here" Like I said before I'm man enought to admit when I am wrong, and boy was I wrong tonight. :cry: Congrats to the Lady Royals. They really get after you on defense. They just caused too many problems for Russell tonight. Russell couldn't get into their half court offense. When they did they were successful, but Rose Hill was definitely the better team. I congratulate Rose Hill on the win, and I wish them good luck tomorrow night. I hope you win, and that you are very successful at the State Tournament.

I thought the difference was clearly in the play of the guards. Katy Spradlin was outstanding on defense and made most trips down the court chaotic for the Russell guards. If a player of the game were awarded, my vote would have been for Katy.

I have to comment on Laura Terry and how much she has improved. I've only had the opportunity to see them play 2 other times before tonight, but it is amazing how much Laura has improved since her 8th grade year. She has made herself into a Division 1 prospect. :thumb: :thumb:

No doubt! SUPERB player.

Congrats to the Lady Royals on the sweep of Russell. Russell just didn't have the composure in controlling the ball for all four quarters. They won two quarters and Rose Hill won two, unfortunately for the Lady Devils Rose Hill's quarters were a whole lot BIGGER! Sparks is showing more promise at the gaurd spot and should be a top 10 region player next season. I thought that Rose Hill did a nice job on limiting the number of touches that Okoro had. Both teams did not give up until the end and should be proud of their seasons.

I thought the difference was clearly in the play of the guards. Katy Spradlin was outstanding on defense and made most trips down the court chaotic for the Russell guards. If a player of the game were awarded, my vote would have been for Katy.

Agree: It was evident that Russell's weakness was the ball control. Nonshalant getting up court and the same get back down court and not protecting the ball. Katy is an excellent player and leaves it all on the floor. 100 % all HUSTLE

RH came out 2 qtr and put pressure on the guards and Russell had no answer. One thing I did see is when a coach stands on the side and has her hand out for a high five for the player when they foul out and the player totally ignores her. Total disrespect ??????????

Congrates to the Royals. They deserve the win.

Agree: It was evident that Russell's weakness was the ball control. Nonshalant getting up court and the same get back down court and not protecting the ball. Katy is an excellent player and leaves it all on the floor. 100 % all HUSTLE

RH came out 2 qtr and put pressure on the guards and Russell had no answer. One thing I did see is when a coach stands on the side and has her hand out for a high five for the player when they foul out and the player totally ignores her. Total disrespect ??????????

Congrates to the Royals. They deserve the win.

You don't know what your talking about.