Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats Pause 16th Region Preview

Featured Replies

Rankings by Aaron Snyder, Ashland Daily Independent

 

Preseason Top 10 Teams

1. Rowan County

2. Boyd County

3. Greenup County

4. Elliott County

5. Ashland

6. Fairview

7. East Carter

8. Raceland

9. Lewis County

10. Morgan County

 

Player Ranking

1. Nick Miller, Ashland

2. Ryne Callahan, Rowan

3. Wilder Williams, Fleming

4. Jair Jackson, Greenup

5. Jordan Perry, Morgan

6. Bobby Anderson, Boyd

7. Larry Whelan, Rowan

8. Conner Guaze, Boyd

9. Connor Greene, East Carter

10. Ben Jordan, West Carter

Of all the Cats Pause regional reviews I think they got this one the best. Most everything is spot on although I might switch Miller and Callahan.

  • Author
Of all the Cats Pause regional reviews I think they got this one the best. Most everything is spot on although I might switch Miller and Callahan.

I would have tendency to agree with everything. I knew that Miller and Callahan would be a toss up and being an Ashland guy was making the list, it doesn't surprise me. However, I like Nick's game alot.

Of all the Cats Pause regional reviews I think they got this one the best. Most everything is spot on although I might switch Miller and Callahan.

It came from the Ashland sports editor, so there's that.:thumb:

I would definitely switch Callahan and Miller, and I think that Fleming's recent success and Williams being the only hold over from those teams has him at #3. Williams is a good player, but I do not think he is anywhere near the 3rd best player in the region.

The 61st has produced the last 4 regional champions and Rowan Co enters the season #1. Could it be 5 in a row? It will be interesting to see who will be the other district representative from the 61st as the other 3 are in the 11-16 range on this ranking. And if the ranking stayed chalk thru the end then Fairview, Lewis Co, and Morgan Co will be left out.

I know Fleming County graduated a lot of players. So many that they cant make the top ten?

I know Fleming County graduated a lot of players. So many that they cant make the top ten?

 

You make the call. Pretty sure they return one player that was in the top 8 in minutes played(Williams).

No they have been greatly overlooked. They will be fast and they will get their guard play execution through Williams. I see them as a post season top 5

 

Fairview is the kicker for me. I cannot see how they are ranked above Raceland. I must be missing some intel.

Greenup County will shock the 16th Region. They are tough this season.

If Jair Jackson is the # 4 player in the region the either one of two things is true -- Either he improved about 2500 % , or the region isnt down, its a total hot mess of garbage .

I know Fleming County graduated a lot of players. So many that they cant make the top ten?

 

In my opinion yes. I know summer ball isn't regular season but seeing them play at Nicholas County in June they were a shell of what they have been. They are probably #11 on the list but I couldn't put them in front of any team on there right now. I do see them improving thru the year but I do not think top 5 by seasons end is possible with this years field in the 16th.

greenup will be preseason top 3-4 how will they be a shock?

How is Raceland ranked so high without Messer and Kelly?

greenup will be preseason top 3-4 how will they be a shock?

 

 

Green up County is my pick to win the 16th and I think they will put it together In a way that will surprise some of you. The top 5 teams are equal contenders. Fleming is your sleeper if they get their bearings straight with guard play. People forget they have the guys back that guarded burns and crew for 4 years......

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.