Russell 56 Elliott County 52

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone enlighten me as to why there was a song on the radio playing every hour on the hour (102.9) I guess, singing about Elliott County going to Rupp???? Or something to that effect...?

I am clueless about this, as I did not hear it but numerous people have asked me if I heard it...surely to goodness they didn't do the ultimate jinx did they?

I'm totally bumfizzled, so someone tell me if this is true or not???

Hey Nets, the story behind the song is this, We have a first year supertindent, and he has never been a basketball fan before this years team. He has loved watching this team play from the very first game of the year. He has done everything from pep ralleies to parades after tourney wins to writing a song to show school spirit. And after they beat Ashland for the 1st time in school history, he decide to do something to celebrate. So he came up with the song idea, in which he wrote. This song was sang by Dale Ferguson, the father of freshamn Jonathon Ferguson.

RA09,

Thanks for the info:thumb:

From what I heard, Ole Dale may have a future in Nashville;) I knew that Ronald Weddington was a big music fan and likes to play the guitar himself, I wonder if he lent a helping hand.

Love the excitement.

With the music history in Sandy Hook, not only can people from there hit sideways 30 foot jumpshots, but can also strike up a swell note or two:D

I would love to hear the song.

Congrats to Russell on a hard fought win. If Elliott makes its free throws the whole screwed up scene at the end of the first half with the refs doesn't matter. The Lions just did not take care of business. The comeback was pretty amazing though and they should be proud of a season that went farther than anyone truly expected.