Artists You Found Before They Made It Big

First time we went to Bonnaroo, Zac Brown Band was there. This was before they hit it big with "Chicken Fried". Mr. lawildcat wanted to check it out and since it was his idea to do so, from this day forward, he likes to say he "discovered" them. Nevermind the thousands of other people that were there that day and also discovered them! :rolleyes:

Cage The Elephant

Saw them at Bonnaroo too! They were awesome until they invited everyone in the crowd to come up on the stage and Mr. lawildcat and I were close to the front. Immediately felt a lunge of people coming forward. Mr. told me to turn around and face them which made it easier to not get knocked down.

Saw both The White Stripes and Jack Johnson at small bars in LA back in '99. The Stripes had just released their self titled debut and my ears rang for a week after listening to Jack White shred for 90 minutes. Intense show...

When the White Stripes played the Music Hall in Cincinnati I got to hang backstage after the show with opening act The Greenhornes while they celebrated the bass player Jack Lawrence's girlfriend's birthday, and then had the pleasure of meeting Jack White and chatting briefly. Never knew how pasty white the guy was until seeing him close up. He might've even been whiter than Michael Jackson at his whitest.

When the White Stripes played the Music Hall in Cincinnati I got to hang backstage after the show with opening act The Greenhornes while they celebrated the bass player Jack Lawrence's girlfriend's birthday, and then had the pleasure of meeting Jack White and chatting briefly. Never knew how pasty white the guy was until seeing him close up. He might've even been whiter than Michael Jackson at his whitest.

I was in the 2nd row that night...

Mary J. Blige and Jodeci-saw them in concert in New Orleans. They opened for the headliner....Father MC.

Redman-Whut the Album.

Keith Murray-The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World

Tupac-When My Homies Call

Wu Tang Clan-was bumping them a good year before their music made it to KY.

Jay-Z-Dead Presidents

Kanye West-who knew

NaS-Illmatic

D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince-Parents Just Don't Understand

L.L. Cool J-I Can't Live Without My Radio

Tyrese-Coke commercial

New Edition-Candy Girl

Keith Sweat-I Want Her

Boyz II Men-Motownphilly

I was in the 2nd row that night...

Great show on a great stage!

Not everyday you get to see a rock band play at the Music Hall.

If you recall it was shortly after Labor Day and Jack wore white pants with Spanish style red stitchings. I wore white jeans with a bright carnival colorful tie dye.

Going with the saying that you're not supposed to wear white after Labor Day, when I met Jack I looked him up and down and jokingly said to him "Don't you know that you're not supposed to wear white after Labor Day?", and got a chuckle out of him because I too was standing there in white jeans. Stupid and insignificant perhaps, but my Jack White memory nonetheless.

Without doing an extensive search for my ticket stub, my mind's eye has me and the friend of mine who got me backstage because of her connection with The Greenhornes, somewhere close to the stage perhaps around 10th row.