How long does Beatty stay at Trinity?

Umm... as long he wants?

Don't get all cocky, Tigers. If it were to happen this year, it would be far from the first time that St. X beat a Beatty-coached Trinity team in the regular season by what appeared to be a convincing margin only to have the Shamrocks turn right around and march to a state title. This is far from over.

Beatty is a great coach WHEN HE HAS GREAT TALENT. Without it, he is a very good coach who has found a way to take a very average talent Trinity team and compete against a week-in-week-out brutal schedule. He is certainly one of the 10 best in KY, but let's face it, these last two years he's showing the warts of not having the significant advantage of overwhelming his opponents with sheer talent.

When Coach Beatty decides to leave it will be on his terms. He won't be threatened into "retiring" from coaching and watching as his replacement is paraded out during his final season.

That's what I always thought about X also!

Beatty is a great coach WHEN HE HAS GREAT TALENT. Without it, he is a very good coach who has found a way to take a very average talent Trinity team and compete against a week-in-week-out brutal schedule. He is certainly one of the 10 best in KY, but let's face it, these last two years he's showing the warts of not having the significant advantage of overwhelming his opponents with sheer talent.

I agree. There will be few opportunities to have a team like that again. My question is why continue this schedule? Who is it for, the players or the coaches. There is something to be said about winning and celebrating with family, friends, and teammates afterwards, not a three hour bus ride.

I agree. There will be few opportunities to have a team like that again. My question is why continue this schedule? Who is it for, the players or the coaches. There is something to be said about winning and celebrating with family, friends, and teammates afterwards, not a three hour bus ride.

You are not new here....look it up.

Which 7 Kentucky teams will step up to play them? Other than the district teams there are maybe 8-10 teams in the state that can compete with even an "average" Trinity team. My hat is off to them for chosing to challenge themselves every week.