Russell 62 Fairview 33

Scott Gil was very couragous tonight. He suffered a badly sprained ankle in the 1st quarter, he taped it up and played great the rest of the way. It was visibly painful all night. He stepped up when his team needed him and played with heart. KOODUS SCOTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell also had two starters fighting the flu, not to mention Gill playing on a bad ankle after his first quarter injury. Being sick does not entirely account for a 30 point differential...:thumb:

Russell played the best game of the season... Congratulations to all team members for playing such an awesome team game. They each were great and I was so impressed that with 2 minutes left Coach Dodd went down his bench shaking each players hand. I think it was more than just winning for The Coach it was that they played an incredible game together. We will go to Rupp. I was sad for Fairview tho, because they are a great team also....they just had a down night like we did in the District, obviously that cannot be helped. I think Coach Cooksey is a wonderful coach. He deserves Rupp but just not this or next year. Coach Dodd has lead the guys to play with the best team effort and he has my hat off for teaching this method. Again, he has walked us thru to Saturday night. Thank you Coach and great appreciation to our boys. Also, thank you for allowing our Seniors time on the floor. What a wonderful ending for tonight and tomorrow night for them. He has given them a great memory for their last games.

PS I think someone loving fan has frozen gatorade and transported to Morehead - thru traffic - police - security etc. do you think that has made a little difference. She loves her boys. See you tomorrrow... We are Russell:dancingpa

Russell played the best game of the season... Congratulations to all team members for playing such an awesome team game. They each were great and I was so impressed that with 2 minutes left Coach Dodd went down his bench shaking each players hand. I think it was more than just winning for The Coach it was that they played an incredible game together. We will go to Rupp. I was sad for Fairview tho, because they are a great team also....they just had a down night like we did in the District, obviously that cannot be helped. I think Coach Cooksey is a wonderful coach. He deserves Rupp but just not this or next year. Coach Dodd has lead the guys to play with the best team effort and he has my hat off for teaching this method. Again, he has walked us thru to Saturday night. Thank you Coach and great appreciation to our boys. Also, thank you for allowing our Seniors time on the floor. What a wonderful ending for tonight and tomorrow night for them. He has given them a great memory for their last games.

PS I think someone loving fan has frozen gatorade and transported to Morehead - thru traffic - police - security etc. do you think that has made a little difference. She loves her boys. See you tomorrrow... We are Russell:dancingpa

Old Eastern Kentucky advice - "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

"he taped it up"??? C'mon now...let's give credit where it's due...;)

:laugh: :laugh: LOL HA HA HA LOL, I'm sorry. HE did nothing of the sort. The incredible and highly qualified Sports Medicine staff of Russell worked their magic on the ankle of Gil, allowing him to play and thus bringing home the victory. :thumb:

I've got some mixed emotions about this game, because I was very proud of Russell's effort and execution, and they played their best game of the year,plus they battled through flu and injury. Fairview was noticeably more effected by the Flu, especially as Russell's game plan began to to take its toll.Black got very few touches in the paint and Hutchison didnt score. Barker only had one point and it was just not the same Fairview team that rolled to huge wins in the district over Boyd county and Ashland. Fairview gave it everything they had and had a great year, but Russell was not going to be deinied tonight. Now its on to those pesky Freshmen from Elliot, who shouldnt be out that late, that far away from home on a Saturday night!

There needs to be a curfew for those kids!:D

I heard from a very reliable source in the stands that Barker was playing with Mono; dont know how true this statement is. If he was playing with mono it wasn't a good choice. But with or without mono Fairiview couldn't put that round ball in the round cylinder. Fairiview reminded me of KY this season: getting killed in the paint, killed on the boards, settling for one shot, settling for the outside shot, and when getting a turnover giving the ball right back on a turnover. Bayless had one his worst games in every asset of the game. No one for Fairiview had a good game. My hat goes off to Russell and Vanhoose they played great team ball and vanhoose hit the shots he needed to take.

Congrats to the Eagles on a memorable season.

WTG Red Devils. Good W and keep the Devil Pride burnin down deep. Good tough playing from the inside game. Russell's inside game has really stepped up this Regional tournament. I've said all along this season. This team can score 60 -70 pts a night if they are turned loose. Did the coaches make it on the bus tonight ??????:lol: :lol: Looks like the Russell coaches will keep there job for another year. :irked: :irked:

Fairview just had a bad night and it happen to be at the wrong time. Good season for the Eagles. 2 W's over the Tomcats. :ylsuper:

Russell needs to keep the intensity up and the Pride of the Maroon & Gold will bring home the long over due Region Champs.

Whoever wins. MVP for Russell -- Gill MVP for Elliott -- Ferguson

Russell 58

Elliott Co. 53

:fire: :fire: :fire:

If the kid was playing with Mono, bad choice is an understatement. IF he had Mono, the question should be who in the world would jeprodize him playing in that condition and allow it !!

I dont believe you can determine mono that quickly, I think he just had a good old fashioned stomach virus that has been going around, the same thing Blair and Sizemore and a bunch of students were fighting this week. Of course, it wouldnt matter what Alex had, he would be out there fighting for his team with it. The kid has the biggest heart in the region:thumb:

Shooterx3 I wasn't questioning the kids heart or anything, I am sure that he is a competitor. My question was if the kid was in really bad health then maybe someone wouldn't have jeprodized it any further. I said that not trying to put the kid down at all. I hope whatever was bothering him was not dangerous and was just the virus like you said.

Shooterx3 I wasn't questioning the kids heart or anything, I am sure that he is a competitor. My question was if the kid was in really bad health then maybe someone wouldn't have jeprodized it any further. I said that not trying to put the kid down at all.

Has anyone noticed that every single time that a kid feels weak, has swollen glands, or flu-like symptoms that he automatically is diagnosed with mono? This has been the case as far back as I can remember. Most often, its just a sinus infection or virus, or some other minor ailment.