Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do we know how good Simon Kenton is this year?

Featured Replies

If SK is the program everyone loves to hate, then lets live up to the label!

 

This has NOTHING to do with the SK program. Like many people have said a successful SK will be cheered on by locals regardless of their affiliation. With the exception of the head to head situation, fans of other 6A schools would cheer on SK or whatever NoKY 6A team in the playoffs once their team was eliminated. I personally pulled for SK every step of the way in the playoffs the last couple of years even though I knew if they won, we would all have to listen to all the crap from a few FANatics.

 

I think every region in the state would like to see six state champions come back from Bowling Green to there area.

 

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE SCHOOL, THE TEAM OR THE NORMAL FANS, it's about the BLOVIATORS! (there's that word again)

  • Replies 135
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you believe me when I said I work for BGP and that's why I have time to post???? Because I don't. I keep getting this vibe that you feel I have special privileges or something.

 

He may not think so, but there are plenty of us in the office that are starting to wonder...

:ohbrother:

With all this love in the air, I'm starting to second guess whether I should come out to the game tomorrow!!! Will there be security available?

 

Break out the PURPLE and GOLD!

He may not think so, but there are plenty of us in the office that are starting to wonder...

:ohbrother:

 

I am shocked! Thought for sure he worked for BGP........Wow you got some free time!..lol

This has NOTHING to do with the SK program. Like many people have said a successful SK will be cheered on by locals regardless of their affiliation. With the exception of the head to head situation, fans of other 6A schools would cheer on SK or whatever NoKY 6A team in the playoffs once their team was eliminated. I personally pulled for SK every step of the way in the playoffs the last couple of years even though I knew if they won, we would all have to listen to all the crap from a few FANatics.

 

I think every region in the state would like to see six state champions come back from Bowling Green to there area.

 

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE SCHOOL, THE TEAM OR THE NORMAL FANS, it's about the BLOVIATORS! (there's that word again)

 

And by the way...I don't hate SK at all...for the record. Actually glad they are on the way up. You FANS just don't get it!

 

Horse Puckey! By attacking our scheduling you are attacking our coaching and demeaning their efforts. This "issue" has been debated with nothing really new from you folks for three years now. Yet, you continually bring it up!

I know that identifying a member may get me suspended, but I have it on good authority that RCC9 is an independently wealthy, retired eccentric who lives in a one room cabin off of the Fort Thomas Tree Trail. His computer is a Commodore 64 which he secretly hard wired to Carmel Manor.

He may not think so' date=' but there are plenty of us in the office that are starting to wonder... :ohbrother:[/quote']

 

Can't you control him? Give him more work?

 

Send him to Howe or something. LOL

Horse Puckey! By attacking our scheduling you are attacking our coaching and demeaning their efforts. This "issue" has been debated with nothing really new from you folks for three years now. Yet, you continually bring it up!

 

Which proves we have seen nothing really new from you folks for three years.

 

The ONLY reason the scheduling comes up is because the FANatics only look at the records, believing a 3-2 CovCath, with their schedule, could never handle a BIG 6-0 6A team. And that 6-0 BIG 6A team, with a less than impressive schedule, must be amazing.

 

I really have no problem with any coaching staff's decision concerning their schedule. I want to believe they have the best interest of their team in mind. Just don't try to convince me that your team is great because they whipped the Little Sisters of the Poor.

I think it is safe to say that the biggest reason why scheduling comes up so much and why it is criticized is because it has done little to prepare SK for the playoffs. Obviously the only way to really prep for T and X normally would be HHS or Cincinnati schools, yet SK schedules teams that definitely help to build confidence but really doesn't help prepare them for the path they have to travel in 6A.

 

Last year is the best example of that when they fell to a Butler team that most of Louisville would have ranked below the 4 in the Super District. That isn't even taking into account Scott County last season either.

 

I think SK is definitely moving things in the righy direction, their schedule just needs to start upgrading like the team has in the last few seasons.

I think it is safe to say that the biggest reason why scheduling comes up so much and why it is criticized is because it has done little to prepare SK for the playoffs. Obviously the only way to really prep for T and X normally would be HHS or Cincinnati schools, yet SK schedules teams that definitely help to build confidence but really doesn't help prepare them for the path they have to travel in 6A.

 

Last year is the best example of that when they fell to a Butler team that most of Louisville would have ranked below the 4 in the Super District. That isn't even taking into account Scott County last season either.

 

I think SK is definitely moving things in the righy direction, their schedule just needs to start upgrading like the team has in the last few seasons.

 

The fact is that Cov Cath and HHS are on SK's schedule in the next cycle and this has been elaborated ad nauseum by multiple posters from our community. All of the SK criticism comes from fan bases that have NO CLUE on how to build a program from the ground up.

I think it is safe to say that the biggest reason why scheduling comes up so much and why it is criticized is because it has done little to prepare SK for the playoffs. Obviously the only way to really prep for T and X normally would be HHS or Cincinnati schools, yet SK schedules teams that definitely help to build confidence but really doesn't help prepare them for the path they have to travel in 6A.

 

Last year is the best example of that when they fell to a Butler team that most of Louisville would have ranked below the 4 in the Super District. That isn't even taking into account Scott County last season either.

 

I think SK is definitely moving things in the righy direction, their schedule just needs to start upgrading like the team has in the last few seasons.

 

Let me say again....the schedule was done 2 years ago. The schedule next year includes programs that many consider to be the best in NKY.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never bashed anyone...you did when you said 'no offense to....'. I never said the school in fort Thomas didn't deserve their ranking. And let's be honest...everything you have to add is ALWAYS about fort Thomas.

 

Please show me one time when I have been in a SK thread and I was the first one to bring up HHS. Just once and I'll believe you. Just once. You guys get so mad so easy.

 

BTW...none of those other schools after the "no offense to" ever would take offense because they are closer to reality.

Break out the PURPLE and GOLD!

 

Can I borrow some of your wife's stuff?? Forget it, I'll wear my son's gear!

Break out the PURPLE and GOLD!

 

By the way, I have some really big Camp Co buddies that will protect me. It pays to be friends with plowpushers!

Can't you control him? Give him more work?

 

Send him to Howe or something. LOL

 

I'm good, very fast typer. And very good at multitasking!!! You goofballs are reading it all!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.