NewCath 60 Dixie 50

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very close game for most of the second half. The score was tied at 36-36 in the third quarter and the game went back and forth until it was tied 50-50. NCC scores the last 10 points for the margin of victory. The bottom line was that NCC made their shots in the final minutes and Dixie did not. Dixie had open looks but the shots just didn't fall.

Lets give some props to Sam Lawson. Due to having nobody to play inside, this kid who is a guard had to play inside against some big kids. He was matched up with 6'6 Kiernan tonight and battled his rear end off. This was a true testament to this kid as it affected his offensive performance and numbers but was absolutely the best thing for Dixie.

I only got to see the second half, but what a game. NCC made the shots at the end, Dixie didn't. Dixie's shot selection in the final 2 minutes was not very good IMO, thus resulting in the misses. They forced some shots that shouldn't have been forced. Kiernan is tough down low, but doesn't get enough touches on the block (at least in the second half). With his size advantage, he should get the ball on the block almost every possession. However, he gets the ball too far away from the basket most of the time.

Congrats to the Dixie kids on a tough hard fought season. You played your tales off to the end. While the record does not show, you guys became men this season and earned everybodies respect.

Congrats to New Cath, you guys play the game the right way and you got a new fan.

Congrats to the Dixie kids on a tough hard fought season. You played your tales off to the end. While the record does not show, you guys became men this season and earned everybodies respect.

Congrats to New Cath, you guys play the game the right way and you got a new fan.

As an outsider, let me echo those sentiments. I had serious doubts about Dixie this year but that motion/open post offense really clicked as the season went on.

Hats off to the boys and to the staff.

I only got to see the second half, but what a game. NCC made the shots at the end, Dixie didn't. Dixie's shot selection in the final 2 minutes was not very good IMO, thus resulting in the misses. They forced some shots that shouldn't have been forced. Kiernan is tough down low, but doesn't get enough touches on the block (at least in the second half). With his size advantage, he should get the ball on the block almost every possession. However, he gets the ball too far away from the basket most of the time.

Too bad you didn't get to see the first half because Kiernan was an absolute beast. I don't know what he ended with, but I think that he was NewCath's first 11 or 13 points of the game. It'll be interesting to see how he performs against the Colonels. I think there's a tough inside war brewing there. Should be exciting. Don't think he'll get away with as much on the Blue Colonels as he did the Red Colonels though.

Key sack in 4th quarter turns momentum in favor of the Breds.

Deep in their own territory, Dixie quarterback Sam Lawson was sacked by 3 NCC tacklers, resulting in a fumble and an easy 3 point field goal for the Breds.

The Colonels could not regroup. Their second half offense had produced enough points to even the score, but after the critical blitz by the NCC linebackers, the offense sputtered and Dixie could not connect on any more long bombs.

Many thought the Vanolhofen rule should have been applied, as all three tacklers hit Lawson below the knee. NCC was only penalized 10 yards for the entire game despite their physical style of play. A 5th region official was quoted after the game: "We think it's more entertaining when we let the boys play."

Congrats to Dixie for a strong finish this season. You have a lot to be proud of.

Humor aside... congrats to the Breds. You came to play and you earned a strong victory.

Key sack in 4th quarter turns momentum in favor of the Breds.

Deep in their own territory, Dixie quarterback Sam Lawson was sacked by 3 NCC tacklers, resulting in a fumble and an easy 3 point field goal for the Breds.

The Colonels could not regroup. Their second half offense had produced enough points to even the score, but after the critical blitz by the NCC linebackers, the offense sputtered and Dixie could not connect on any more long bombs.

Many thought the Vanolhofen rule should have been applied, as all three tacklers hit Lawson below the knee. NCC was only penalized 10 yards for the entire game despite their physical style of play. A 5th region official was quoted after the game: "We think it's more entertaining when we let the boys play."

Congrats to Dixie for a strong finish this season. You have a lot to be proud of.

Humor aside... congrats to the Breds. You came to play and you earned a strong victory.

:thumb: Very nice post roundballer

Any thoughts about ncc's student section? (THEY ROCK!)

Yea, I have a thought... How about getting some of your own chants? You guys got a lot of the things you did from Cov Cath (ex: WE ARE AWESOME chant, the Roller Coaster at halftime) no offense, but if you are going to ask about your cheering section, make sure you guys have some of your OWN cheers next time...