Russell vs Rose Hill Predictions

Who will win this one? Many believe that this game is the regional championship. I am one of those many, the winner of this game SHOULD go on and win the region. What's your thoughts on the game? Is Rose Hill too much for the Devils?

I don't think so. I think Russell will have to play great but it can be done. This Russell team is for real, trust me. They haven't gotten a lot of credit because of Rose Hill but they are really good. I'm going to go with the Devils to pull what many consider an "upset". Rose Hill's run falls just a tad-bit short. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Rose Hill will win this one by fifteen, UNLESS they have to play 5 on 6:D

Officials will let them play hopefully, and EQ and LT will be difficult to stop inside, not to mention that the Faulkners need no more incentive than this game to come out a bit more inspired!

Rose Hill will win this one by fifteen, UNLESS they have to play 5 on 6:D

Officials will let them play hopefully, and EQ and LT will be difficult to stop inside, not to mention that the Faulkners need no more incentive than this game to come out a bit more inspired!

Let's hope they don't get too inspired, or they'll find themselves in either foul trouble and on the bench or shooting 3-16 from the field because of eagerness. For the royals fans, let's help they got all of that incentive out during the regular season game.

Let's hope they don't get too inspired, or they'll find themselves in either foul trouble and on the bench or shooting 3-16 from the field because of eagerness. For the royals fans, let's help they got all of that incentive out during the regular season game.

Well said, Russelldad. If Rose Hill plays with a cool head, applies controlled pressure and takes what the defense gives them, their talent should win out in the end.

Rose Hill by 12

I believe the winner of this game will have a hard time with West Carter- assuming they beat Rowan County. Some seem to believe that the emotion angle applies most to the Faulkner girls. I believe that there is far more from the other direction. From what I hear, there is still no love for the girls at Russell.

If this is a tight, emotional game, the winner may well not have enough left to defeat a good West Carter team. That is why the draw was so beneficial to West. Rowan County is not an automatic win but playing them is a great advantage over what is set for the upper bracket.

As for the game, I believe the difference is in the guards. Russell is not strong at those positions. Rose Hill has an advantage there. For the other three, you can roll the dice. Fouls will be the wild card and, possibly, the trump card. Hopefully, the referees will let the girls play and not nitpick.

What a match up. We saw this coming months ago. Russell matches up with RH. Russell's girls need to get ready to lace them and play hard the whole game. Stay focused cause you have a good coach and he will put you in position to win. Play with Pride. Russell is the only team that can Win over RH. Play physical and try to win every ball and the RH girls will come apart. Queen is a solid player, The best in the area. But RH girls are due to come apart. Russell is going to have to protect the ball on the perimeter.

Russell 61

Rose Hill 60

:fire: :fire: :fire:

I believe RH got the Lady Devils by 5 last time. Small enough margin for the Russell girls to feel like they can beat the Lady Royals and at the same time, small enough margin for the Lady Royals to realize they have to play a solid game. Straight up, Rose Hill wins. But how often is high school basketball ever played out like it looks on paper. Terry has been tearing it up, but I think Okoro can balance her out, Queen is well Queen and she will be a lot to handle. Rose Hill does have the advantage at guard play, I can't think of their names, but Russell's guards have improved a bunch this season. With all that being said, I'm going to take Russell in the Upset. 54-53.

Good luck to both teams.

A interesting point is that they played them shortly after the West Carter loss they took by 20 and I don't think they were even close to hitting on all cyclinders the first time they played them. In point they weren't playing nearly the team ball they are playing now and last time Britt and Kala tried to take over which you won't see as much as in there last matchup. Remeber Britts emotional 5th foul last time. Also we will see a lot more of Laura Terry and perhaps a good showing for Queen too and throw in some good tanacious Defense for Britt Faulkner and solid D from Katy Spradlin and some good shooting by Sarah Yates and we will see another win for Rose Hill by double digits! But if foul trouble is a issue it will come down to the wire and Rose Hill can still prevail. A side note Kala Will throw in a few 3's and 15+ points.

I give the Royals a huge advantate in the backcourt, I give Russell a small advantage in the frontcourt with their tremendous size inside. I give Russell the advantate on the bench because they have more depth than Rose Hill, and I give Russell a big advantate with their coach.

Russell 63

Rose Hill 57

Russell will have the size advantage under the basket with three big girls-Fortman, Okora, and Daniels- with a fourth one in Menshouse coming off the bench. Rose Hill has Terry and Queen. It will be a difficult task for Rose Hill.

Rose Hill's equalizer will be its superior guard play- both offensively and defensively.

Looking forward more to this game than even the last matchup. RH is more "high-strung" emotionally than Russell. That can be a disadvantage as well as an advantage. I predict a close game and the victor may well be the one who handles the adversity best. Cause you can count on that in this one. Oh, yeah....this is a prediction thread. Adam Dunn will hit 40+ HR's this season, Brett Favre will return for a final season, Hockey will still not matter in the U.S., Rickyp's avatar will be hideous, and Rose Hill will win by 7 on Monday!:thumb:

Russell will have the size advantage under the basket with three big girls-Fortman, Okora, and Daniels- with a fourth one in Menshouse coming off the bench. Rose Hill has Terry and Queen. It will be a difficult task for Rose Hill.

Rose Hill's equalizer will be its superior guard play- both offensively and defensively.

I agree.

I don't think anyone will disagree that Rose Hill is the favorite, but Russell has the ability to beat them