Greenup Co. vs. Elliot Co. thought/predictions

Greenup's perimeter defense is great. I think it will give Elliott fits and frustrate the freshman. If the freshman can keep from making freshman mistakes due to the pressure, it will be interesting. But I believe the D will get to them. Elliott falls by 6.

Its going to come down to Greenups defense vs Elliots offense and if Greenup can shoot well enough to outscore Elliot

Going to be a close game, I think you have to go with Greenup's size advantage and Defense wins championships, and Greenup is playing good D right now, their "ward style" will probally pull it off

Gotta go with my boys in the Hook.

I love the passion and enthusiasm the twins bring to the court, and Ferguson does not play like a freshman. If they keep Weddington out of foul trouble and play their style of game, I take Elliott by 7.

65-58 EC

I was very impressed the way Elliott shot the ball in the 2nd half; and the way they stayed focused despite going 0-10 from 3 point range in first half (against Ashland Monday). I look for Elliott to get hot early and remain hot. Welcome to your first Regional Championship Elliott

EC-58

GC-46

I may have overlooked it, but I haven't seen anything on the Greenup/Elliot game in the 16th Regional. What does everyone think?

Elliott County wins over Greenup County and Elliott County win the region.

Why, because Elliott is the best team in the tournament.