Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A Newport Central Catholic @ 2A Lloyd Predictions

Who wins? 38 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Newport Central Catholic
      63%
    • Lloyd
      36%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Did Ncc struggle with Holmes in the scrimmage? I know it was only a scrimmage, but Holmes was not a struggle for Lloyd. Ncc moves to 0 for 5. What I saw out of Ncc yesterday makes me think this is a 3-6 year. They have some guys who are a year away. They'll return to form next year.

 

NCC scrimmage with Holmes is not much help. NCC lost starting SR QB in that scrimmage and JR QB took over. Neither is the QB now and NCC still won 12-0 in three quarters.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Did Ncc struggle with Holmes in the scrimmage? I know it was only a scrimmage, but Holmes was not a struggle for Lloyd. Ncc moves to 0 for 5. What I saw out of Ncc yesterday makes me think this is a 3-6 year. They have some guys who are a year away. They'll return to form next year.

 

What I saw yesterday was a team that struggled to compete with a much bigger team, but still put up a strong fight. Would Lloyd have scored on Dixie, better yet would they have scored on Simon Kenton or Campbell Co.? I guarantee what Lloyd did to it's opponents, NewCath would do the same.

 

I seem to recall 2 years ago when these two played there was some of the same talk. Coming into the game Lloyd was 6-1 and NewCath was 2-4, final score NewCath 63-22. Maybe the schedule does have something to do with it.

 

2012 prediction thread. http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/lloyd-newport-central-241917.html

I would like to give a credible/educated opinion of NCC but there's just nothing to compare too. All I know is if we were in the 6A NKY district, we would be in last place. Defensively, this team looks very good at times but is vulnerable to the big play. Offensively, they have spurts where they run the ball well, pass very well over the middle, but struggle with an outside passing threat. Say what you want about some of the bickering, I just think that is the competitive nature of kids coming out who are tired of losing. This team, like teams in the past has struggled with injuries. I can remember 6-8 starters being on the sidelines the last couple of years trying to get through the big school part of the schedule and no one criticizing their character. How do you toughen up kids who give their all and get injured because they play hard every down? I don't know. There numerous questions to be asked, and answers to be given, and only one man can answer, and that starts at the top. If kids are talking back, getting on one another from poor play to injuries, then we all know who should step in. Leaving it up to the players to settled it might cause more division and things could really spiral out of control. I believe this will get turned around and it will start this week. Good luck Breds!

I would like to give a credible/educated opinion of NCC but there's just nothing to compare too. All I know is if we were in the 6A NKY district' date=' we would be in last place. Defensively, this team looks very good at times but is vulnerable to the big play. Offensively, they have spurts where they run the ball well, pass very well over the middle, but struggle with an outside passing threat. Say what you want about some of the bickering, I just think that is the competitive nature of kids coming out who are tired of losing. This team, like teams in the past has struggled with injuries. I can remember 6-8 starters being on the sidelines the last couple of years trying to get through the big school part of the schedule and no one criticizing their character. How do you toughen up kids who give their all and get injured because they play hard every down? I don't know. There numerous questions to be asked, and answers to be given, and only one man can answer, and that starts at the top. If kids are talking back, getting on one another from poor play to injuries, then we all know who should step in. Leaving it up to the players to settled it might cause more division and things could really spiral out of control. I believe this will get turned around and it will start this week. Good luck Breds![/quote']

 

What starters are hurt, and not playing? The only starter I know that is hurt is Grant Schilling, who is probably done for the year. Wieland was hurt, but has been back for several games. I don't think anyone is criticizing anyone's character. There's a difference is criticizing their character and criticizing the way they play. Just my opinion.

NCC scrimmage with Holmes is not much help. NCC lost starting SR QB in that scrimmage and JR QB took over. Neither is the QB now and NCC still won 12-0 in three quarters.

 

NCC won 12 - 5 but Holmes had 3 TD's called back.

NCC won 12 - 5 but Holmes had 3 TD's called back.

 

Do tell how did Holmes get 5 pts?

  • Author
NCC won 12 - 5 but Holmes had 3 TD's called back.

 

I left this game with under 2:00 to play and the score was 12-0. I believe that's how it ended, according to the scrimmage thread. I certainly don't recall 3 TD's called back, Holmes only had two drives of ANY significance, and they both ended with fumbles recovered by NewCath.

 

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/newport-central-catholic-281708.html

I look at this as a must win for the Breds. After a brutal non district scheduel that have to win this game has to be tough keeping players motivated with the start they had. If they win this game and control this game it would be huge for the players!! Something to be excited about and to get the district wins rolling. MUST WIN!!

Lawnboy, I will stick with what I said a few weeks ago, Lloyd wins this game. 26-20

  • Author
Lawnboy, I will stick with what I said a few weeks ago, Lloyd wins this game. 26-20

 

How about a friendly wager of printer parts on this one. :lol:

It's a MUST WIN for the Juggs too. Only a win validates the season they've had thus far, and I think this season is their best shot at getting to the next level. A loss confirms that a weak schedule does nothing for you, although I understand Lloyd has made efforts to schedule stronger opponents and been met with some resistance.

How about a friendly wager of printer parts on this one. :lol:

 

Might be the only way to ever get them.

This game is equally important to both teams. Not necessarily for the same reasons, nor do both teams need the same outcome. It is very important to NCC to validate the brutal early schedule that was played. To confirm to the players, coaches (and fans) that they will be successful once back in their class. NCC needs to win the game to get things rolling.

 

Lloyd doesn't necessarily need to win the game, although it would be very helpful. They need to compete and be within striking distance of a win to validate that they are making strides towards catching up. I agree that these two teams will be the contenders for the regional title and trip to state. Lloyd needs to serve notice to NCC that it is no longer a forgone conclusion. If they come in and get rolled by the Breds again, it could reaffirm that the region belongs to NCC.

Should be a fun game to watch. I doubt the coaches even really know what to expect from their teams because of the difference in schedules.

 

Lloyd has big play potential with some pretty serious team speed. If their skill players get into space, NCC will have some challenges.

Another factor that is not typical for Lloyd is that they have a strong kicking game. Last week, Lloyd made 3 field goals. The furthest being from 49yds (school record). Not having to get into the end zone to get points will be a big key for the Juggs. I think it will take some pressure off the decision making and allow them to relax a little bit.

 

It's very hard to predict this game and if NCC gets up early, will Lloyd have the mental toughness to continue to fight?

but my bias forces me to lean toward the Juggernauts in an upset.

 

QB senior leadership, solid kicking game, and team speed will help the Juggs prevail in a tight game.

Might be the only way to ever get them.

 

Now that is funny!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.