September 19, 201412 yr Tampa Bay is down 28-0, 7 seconds into the second quarter. To the Falcons, who the Bengals manhandled four days ago. Devin Hester gets the first rushing touchdown of his career. He has now scored in five different ways. Kickoff return, punt return, receiving, rushing, and returning a missed field goal.
September 19, 201412 yr Tampa Bay is down 28-0, 7 seconds into the second quarter. To the Falcons, who the Bengals manhandled four days ago. Devin Hester gets the first rushing touchdown of his career. He has now scored in five different ways. Kickoff return, punt return, receiving, rushing, and returning a missed field goal. He might score 5 different ways tonight.
September 19, 201412 yr This is like FSU playing Morehead. Except MSU would put forth some effort. This team has quit on Lovie Smith...and he knows it.
September 19, 201412 yr Except MSU would put forth some effort. This team has quit on Lovie Smith...and he knows it. I blame management.
September 19, 201412 yr I am not sure I have ever seen an NFL team look this bad. It is time to take all the starters out for both teams and just move on. There is nothing for the Falcons to gain except getting good players hurt. For the Bucs, the second teamers seriously cannot do worse. I have no clue why I am still watching.
September 19, 201412 yr Author I hark back to TB coach John McKay's response to a question regarding his team's execution following yet another loss. "I'm in favor of it."
September 19, 201412 yr This is the same Falcons team who beat a Saints team some liked to go to the Super Bowl ... and got handled easily by the Bengals. The question becomes - how good are the Bengals?
September 19, 201412 yr Author Another McKay blast from the past. "We didn't tackle well today. But we made up for it by not blocking."
September 19, 201412 yr Author This is the same Falcons team who beat a Saints team some liked to go to the Super Bowl ... and got handled easily by the Bengals. The question becomes - how good are the Bengals? Better than the Bucs.
September 19, 201412 yr Another McKay beauty, "If you have experienced players back from a team that lost 10 games, experience doesn't mean too much."
September 19, 201412 yr and another -- "Emotion doesn't mean anything. My wife, Corky, is emotional, but she can't play football worth a lick." You just had to love the man.
September 19, 201412 yr Author Another McKay beauty, "If you have experienced players back from a team that lost 10 games, experience doesn't mean too much." "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."
September 19, 201412 yr "The average wins for an expansion team is 2.7. I get the 2, but cannot figure out where they get the .7"
September 19, 201412 yr Author Kind of a referendum on the game that we're trading John McKay quotes instead of watching. On recruiting his son, J.K., to play football at USC: "I had a rather distinct advantage. I slept with his mother."
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.