Male 60 Trinity 42

Listened to themost of the first half on the radio. It sounded ugly. Big 4th quarter for the Dawgs. It will be a heck of a game Friday evening against J-Town.

Wasn't that bad. Trinity tied it with 6:44 to go, but Byron went out of the game due to an injury. Male then scored 31 points in roughly 6 minutes to win. Male's the better team.

Wasn't that bad. Trinity tied it with 6:44 to go, but Byron went out of the game due to an injury. Male then scored 31 points in roughly 6 minutes to win. Male's the better team.

Wasn't that bad.....What was you watching ? It was painful to watch the Rocks offense. Only 2 pts in the 1st quarter. I wonder at times if they just play to keep the score close.

Wasn't that bad.....What was you watching ? It was painful to watch the Rocks offense. Only 2 pts in the 1st quarter. I wonder at times if they just play to keep the score close.

Maybe it's me, but tied with the number 2 team in the state in the 4th quarter, isn't that bad.

According to the C-J, Male scored 35 in the final quarter.

If my math is correct, that means Male had scored a grand total of 25 points through the first three quarters.

Not exactly an offensive extravaganza by either side; although if Trinity plays the same style of ball that they did in 2004 (when I watched them go against Mason County in Rupp), they're very patient and play solid defense. I suppose the line between "painful offense" and "patient offense" (or solid defense) depends on the eye of the beholder.

PS; the 2 point first quarter wasn't even the lowest-scoring quarter of the evening. I think that distinction belongs to the Montgomery County Indians over here in the basketball-poor 10th Region, who managed only a single point in the second quarter (and 7 points for the entire first half) against a solid Bishop Brossart team.

I sad I listened to the first half and it was ugly. Didn't listen to the second hlaf. It was 21-9 (I think) at halftime. To me 9 points at the half is UGLY.

Trinity has a number of good sophs and juniors. They will be better next year. However, both teams looked pretty sad in the first quarter. the game was scoreless for the first six minutes I think. Male came on in the second and took a pretty good lead as Trinity continued to be ice cold on offense. Third period the Rocks came roaring back to actually take the lead (I'm pretty sure) by one on Byron's three. Byron was fouled by Smallwood (his 4th) and I'm thinking upset city. But Byron had to leave with an ankle and Beaumont got hot. By the time Chad got back in the game it was all but over. The Rocks had to press to make a game of it and the Bulldogs scored at will to create the lop-sided final. I could have written the story of this game prior to the tip. Triniy gets down big, they stage a heroic comeback but fall short in the end. Same ole story, different day. Good luck next year Rocks. Male is a much better, more experienced team.

As bad as Male made Trinity look in the first half, the Rocks stayed in the game and pounded Male in the third quarter. The game was decided when Byron who was leading the comeback for the hard luck Rocks was injured on the 4th foul by Smallwood and had to leave the game with 6 minutes left. Beaumont who had been quiet for over 3 quarters scored about 8 straight and the Rocks could not respond.

Next year's Rocks will have more talent and more experience than this year's team but in the always tough 7th Region that doesn't mean you are going to the state. Good Luck to the Bulldogs, it's going to be tough for anybody to beat the Bruins.

It was almost as painful watching Male's 1st quarter offense--only 5 points!