Beechwood / Holy Cross (Covington) Predictions

Who wins?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Beechwood will travel to the Covington Holmes football field for their annual game versus Holy Cross. Here are the teams' game scores to date:

Beechwood 0-2

Mt. Healthy, OH 40 Beechwood 34

Dixie Heights 48 Beechwood 21

Holy Cross 0-2

Holmes 21 Holy Cross 7

Simon Kenton 64 Holy Cross 7

Holy Cross has never beaten Beechwood. Is there a chance Holy Cross can get the win this year?

What does Holy Cross need to do to get a win?

What do you expect to see out of Beechwood in this game?

If you look at scores, Beechwood's defense has given up 40 or more in both games. Can Holy Cross get their offense going and put up more than 7 points versus the Tigers?

This should be a week for Beechwood to get the running game confidence built. I would call limited passing plays. We all know Fieger can get it done passing the ball. I would like to see run, run, run on offense. Get Erdman some carries in a live varsity game. With the three backs the Tigers have, I would like to see some of that double wing offense that they ran a few years back when the one Daniels kid was one of the backs. Beechwood needs to come up with some new looks running the ball.

This should be a week for Beechwood to get the running game confidence built. I would call limited passing plays. We all know Fieger can get it done passing the ball. I would like to see run, run, run on offense. Get Erdman some carries in a live varsity game. With the three backs the Tigers have, I would like to see some of that double wing offense that they ran a few years back when the one Daniels kid was one of the backs. Beechwood needs to come up with some new looks running the ball.

Agree to some extent but history tells me they won't. Last year they were throwing bombs and getting up big quickly. Did the same thing in other years. I wouldn't eliminate the passing game but take the long ones out of the playbook. Still do the screens, drags, quick slants, etc because they need to work on those type of passes.

With good field conditions, I expect Beechwood to win big. If they don't there are problems in Ft Mitchell!

From the video I have seen, Holy Cross does not have the line or the running backs that Mt Healthy or Dixie has. Doubt they will have anywhere near the success that Dixie had vs Beechwood defense.

HC hasn't played a game this year with a healthy RB. That Mt. Healthy team was filled with players that played with HC's RB. Like a said if HC can run the ball they have chance to win... BW fans predicted that they would be fast enough to play with Mt. Healthy and good enough to beat Dixie. Both assumptions were wrong.

HC hasn't played a game this year with a healthy RB. That Mt. Healthy team was filled with players that played with HC's RB. Like a said if HC can run the ball they have chance to win... BW fans predicted that they would be fast enough to play with Mt. Healthy and good enough to beat Dixie. Both assumptions were wrong.

Have you seen either of the BW games on video? They were fast enough vs Mt Healthy. Dixie was bigger/stronger.

We shall see!

Did HC get healthy with the week off?

They were fast enough to play with Mt. Healthy. There was one matchup that speed hurt Beechwood and they fixed that during the game.

They were not good enough to beat Dixie. I think most BW fans got high hopes for the Dixie game because of the score in the Dixie CCH game. That score clearly was misleading.

Why are people still talking about HC losing to BW when HC won a state championship. NCC beat HC that year too, but didn't in the playoffs. The good teams in NKY can beat the other good teams in NKY on any given night. Any fball fan could see HC improved drastically after that matchup. Let's just focus on this year. HC is not a good football team. BW will win

I don't think HC can handle BW. They have never beat them, as far as I know. Even the year HC won AA sate championship, they were destroyed by BW. Beechwood wins this one!