Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry @ Southwestern Predictions

Who Wins? 21 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The team ranked #1 in the BluegrassPreps.com 3A Rankings travel to 5A Southwestern for the 2nd year.

 

Last season Southwestern put a scare into the eventual 3A Champs and played them very closely. Southwestern actually took a lead in the 2nd Half before the Pirates pulled away to prevail 38-27.

 

Southwestern is one of the most improved teams in the State and enter 2-1, Belfry has looked super impressive in their 2-0 start. Belfry brings a stingy defense and a talented offensive group, meanwhile the Warriors counter with their sensational HB Jordan Doane who has been a dual threat.

Southwest gets first signature win under French, Southwest gets better every game if they buy in to French,

SW 28

Belfry 23

This is the game on Belfry's schedule that gives me the most doubts, for a lot of reasons.

 

SW gave Belfry all they wanted last season. Belfry was able to pull out the victory, but it was no cakewalk. I'm sure a lot of Belfry kids dismiss SW because of their eventual 1-9 record, but they were much better than that record indicated. They played a monster schedule and 1-9 is not indicative of their talent or ability.

 

Belfry is just coming off two wins over bigger, ranked 5A and 6A opponents where they won with relative ease. No matter how much you try to keep these kids grounded, sometimes it is hard to shrink the egos. I have no doubt the kids will be flying high this week.

 

The Pirates have to make the long drive to SW for their first road game, the 2nd year in a row they have to make this trip.

 

I just think this is a week where the Pirates are primed for a loss. I hope I am wrong.

Southwestern is fundamentally stronger than in the past. Somerset's best returning RB transferred across town and has some shiftiness and speed.

I think SW has the makings of a good team this season and next, Belfry already is looking like a Great team.

 

I'll say Belfry 35 SW 14 in a harder fought game than the score may suggest.

I believe Belfry has this hands down for some reason I smell a spanking.

 

Belfry 37

 

SW 10

Belfry 27 SW 17

Belfry 28-21.

Should be a good match up but belfry pulls out the win by a couple of T.D.'s

I like the Pirates to win and I hope the staff/team use this game as an opportunity to make a big statement.

I agree with the Tomcat fan, Belfry will run all over Southwestern in this one. No offense to the Warriors, but they aint got no answer for that big ole offensive line, pounding on you for 4 quarters. Them boys have been opening up wholes big enough for me to drive my Mack truck through. I haven't seen a team with so many weapons like this bunch from Pond Creek can throw at you. Belfry wins by at least 21, no problem.

I like the Pirates to win and I hope the staff/team use this game as an opportunity to make a big statement.
No doubt, yo.

 

I wish the old man would put the hammer down sometimes and let the big dog eat.

Welcome to the forums, Padd4pirate, PirateFan101 and Sea Dog. :thumb: Good to have a few more Pirate fans around.

 

 

I think we all know that Coach Haywood is never going to run up the score on anyone. He is as conservative as can be in that regard.

Welcome to the forums, Padd4pirate, PirateFan101 and Sea Dog. :thumb: Good to have a few more Pirate fans around.

 

 

I think we all know that Coach Haywood is never going to run up the score on anyone. He is as conservative as can be in that regard.

 

he's just wants his team to buy in and Improve week to week...truly a class act and every player that's played under him will tell you" he teaches far more than football"...

I just think this is a week where the Pirates are primed for a loss.

 

Is it just me, or have you said this prior to every game this season?

 

Belfry wins 31-21.

  • Author

I could see Belfry losing.... but truth be told I don't think it happens this week.

 

Haywood will be sure to remind them of the egg they laid last year and also I have the feeling that despite the dominating First Half last week I think he has plenty to demand improvement. Belfry didn't execute particularly well offensively. They dropped a wide open TD, got absolutely nothing but negative yardage on the option, put the ball on the turf several times, struggled in the passing game, and also committed several penalties that would be devastating in a close game.

 

The fact remains the Belfry 1st string defense has only allowed 6 points and those came after the drive started 1st and Goal at the 2. I think Southwestern will score a few points, but Belfry will be able to limit their offensive chances.

 

Belfry 31

Southwestern 14

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.