Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Adam Dunn to the A's?

Featured Replies

I know what you're saying there, but some of their problems of late have been the bullpen and one of the main culprits there is Chavez. Without the trade for Lester, he's part of their playoff rotations.

 

How many times have the A's either had a great, or even the best, record in baseball only to make a first round exit in the playoffs?

 

 

On the first bolded, I'm an A's fan too. At this point I'm just hoping they get to have a playoff rotation. I don't think they will, then all these arms are left hanging in the wind.

 

On the second bolded, I'm a fan of the team and know they have underachieved/been upset/lost their fair share in the playoffs over the years. But, with their payroll and other limitations (stadium) I'm just happy to watch them play a few games in October. How many times do you think pitching cost them in the postseason?

 

This team wasn't going to stay as hot as they were in the first half, but you can't trade your cleanup hitter when things are going so well. If it ain't broke...

 

I never thought they A's would hold off the Angels for the division title, but figured they'd cruise into a home wild card game. That's a 50/50 bet at this point, and they're about a 40 percent chance to miss the postseason altogether. Bad trade for Lester IMO. If he throws a gem in the wild card round, I'll rethink it.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunn batting .286 with 2 HR and a .919 OPS since joining the A's

 

Might want to recheck that:lol:

With each game it appears more and more likely the A's will miss the postseason. It all goes back to the trade for Lester, and what pundits said it showed, "A's were all in for a run in Oct."

 

Not so much.

Wow the As lost again??? I'm getting a huge kick out of this:lol:

What a free fall the A's have had over the past month.

 

they won last night to stop the bleeding for a bit.

Great article.

 

Agreed. Dunn is a very unique player whose had a very unique career.

Can't decide if I'm wishing for an epic fail for the As or they make the playoffs. I'm kind of leaning towards playoffs. It would be a great forum for Donkey bashing!

Why all the hate for Dunner? His numbers are darn close to HOF worthy. 500 homeruns should be an automatic HOF status again. It has kind of fallen out of stardom because so many players were accomplishing the feat. But how many of those players hit 500 homers while never being tied to steroids. We should appreciate Dunn for being a great homerun hitter and for doing it clean.

 

I would be interested to see if he is the walks, runs scored, or rbi leader over the last fourteen years.

 

And lets not forget that his OBP for his career is higher than Ichiro Suzuki's and they were rookies the same year, I think.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.