Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 41 Raceland 35

Featured Replies

Final.

WHAT A GAME !

Raceland dominated the 1st half, scored to open 2nd half to go up 20-7, the Ashland speed with Baker and Long got loose and the Tomcats got on a roll, scored the next 35.

Raceland's "no quit" Rams came back to score, recover on side kick and then drive in the last 4min.....Scored again to bring it back within 6 at 41-35 with under 3 min. to go.. On Side kick again, Ashland recovered this one...... Raceland D forces 4th down/7 at 50yd. line. Ashland Punts, Raceland had a last drive to tie and win, converted 4th down with under 1 min. then ran out of time, stalled on last drive on the their own 45.

 

 

 

BTW ....I was posting updates and yes, I did leave - said I would post a final score thread, I admit it, knew better than to give up on my Rams.....

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great ball game. Raceland had the first momentum swing, Ashland had a big run in the third quarter, then Raceland had a nice fourth quarter run but came up short.

Great game by the Rams. Fought all the way through. Ashland played a great second half. Not enough gas in the tank for the Rams. But I am proud.

  • Author

I Am proud of how Raceland did not quit when down by 22 in 4th qtr. ! The Rams fought back, had a chance to win and fell short, ran out of time on their last drive.

NO, at Raceland we do not believe in "moral victories". However I will say that we just ran out of time.

 

Congrats again to the Cats and I hope that both teams came out of this one injury free.

Congratulations on good game Rams. Rams you have a good team and will make some noise and make a pretty deep run in the playoffs imo.

  • Author

Raceland's standout C. Messer was out practically the entire 3rd qtr. / I am not sure if he was injured or not.

Congratulations on good game Rams. Rams you have a good team and will make some noise and make a pretty deep run in the playoffs imo.

That's what these kind of games are about, no moral victories, but they do prepare the Rams for the playoffs. This Raceland team matured greatly tonight and this loss will pay dividends in about 10 weeks.

  • Author

Ashland Fans, here is a trivia question for you in the future....Q: .Who scored the first TD in the new / renovated Putnam Stadium A: Connor Messer - Raceland.

Congratulations to Ashland they played a great game.

 

Raceland will regroup, prepare and play Boyd County next week.

  • Author
That's what these kind of games are about, no moral victories, but they do prepare the Rams for the playoffs. This Raceland team matured greatly tonight and this loss will pay dividends in about 10 weeks.

 

Coach Salmons has this RAMS Team playing well. I look for Big things from this team in the rest of the season.

I thought Ashland would win this one big? Goes to show you what I know..

  • Author
Congratulations to Ashland they played a great game.

 

Raceland will regroup, prepare and play Boyd County next week.

 

:thumb: it took every ounce that Ashland had in them to beat Raceland. My opinion at least is that the Tomcats were greatly out coached in this one, jmo.

I thought Ashland would win this one big? Goes to show you what I know..

Don't blame yourself, people say that every year.

I can tell you that I am so proud of our guys tonight. We have a special team and I am looking forward to the rest of the year. Congrats to the Tomcats on a great game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.