Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals, Burfict Agree to Multi-Year Extension

Featured Replies

I read on ESPN it was 7.6 mil this year, he was due to make 576K

 

His deal isn't redone, he got an extension.

Love the deal; now go lead the defense.

Not sure what to think, one good year and a big contract?

Not sure what to think, one good year and a big contract?

 

Vontaze Burfict and Cincinnati Bengals agree to 4-year deal - Cincy Jungle

 

Burfict has led the Bengals in tackles every year he's been with the team (174 in 2012 and 188 in 2013).

 

Burfict went to the 2014 Pro Bowl after leading the league in tackles. He also led Cincinnati with seven tackles-for-loss while adding three quarterback sacks, an interception, forced fumble and two recoveries with one returned for a touchdown. He was the first Bengals linebacker to reach the all-star game since Jim LeClair in 1976.

 

 

Yeah. I'd say he's worth it.

He got a $1,000 signing bonus when he signed as a UFA.

 

That is crazy to think about. I can't imagine how many BGP'ers have themselves received signing bonuses WAY north of that.

 

Good for him, he got someone to take a chance on him coming out of Tempe and has absolutely made the most of it!! I'd love to see him stay healthy, stay hungry, and have the type of career we all think he is capable of.

Vontaze Burfict and Cincinnati Bengals agree to 4-year deal - Cincy Jungle

 

Burfict has led the Bengals in tackles every year he's been with the team (174 in 2012 and 188 in 2013).

 

Burfict went to the 2014 Pro Bowl after leading the league in tackles. He also led Cincinnati with seven tackles-for-loss while adding three quarterback sacks, an interception, forced fumble and two recoveries with one returned for a touchdown. He was the first Bengals linebacker to reach the all-star game since Jim LeClair in 1976.

 

 

Yeah. I'd say he's worth it.

 

Maybe so, I thought he was hurt in 2012, must have been someone else.

Not sure what to think, one good year and a big contract?

 

Maybe so, I thought he was hurt in 2012, must have been someone else.

 

It was someone else because he has been the best player on the defense the last two years. The man didn't even really play much In the first game or two his rookie year and then he had to learn a new position four day before a game when Thomas Howard got hurt and he still went on to lead the team in tackles. So yes he is definitely worth the money. :D

Mike Brown and the Bengals have done many wrong things during the majority of Mike Brown's ownership, and I don't know what happened but they have done a great job at putting this team together the last five years.

Mike Brown and the Bengals have done many wrong things during the majority of Mike Brown's ownership, and I don't know what happened but they have done a great job at putting this team together the last five years.

 

I think Katie Blackburn makes the majority of decisions now , but Mike probably approves these things. I really think this has transitioned a lot to her. Her mindset appears to be much more forward thinking.

Mike Brown and the Bengals have done many wrong things during the majority of Mike Brown's ownership, and I don't know what happened but they have done a great job at putting this team together the last five years.

 

Coincidentally, the change coincided with the new CBA & the implementation of the pay scale for draft picks.

 

In the past, I think Mike Brown picked guys with baggage so he could have some leverage in negotiations. Now, with the pay scale, you don't need as much leverage...and the Bengals have drafted much better. It almost makes the past struggles even more frustrating.

He missed practice today due to a stomach bug.

 

Too much celebrating the night before knowing he was going to lock up a big deal.

 

Pumped for the Bengals. They got a great deal. Vontaze needs a new agent haha

I think Katie Blackburn makes the majority of decisions now , but Mike probably approves these things. I really think this has transitioned a lot to her. Her mindset appears to be much more forward thinking.

 

Duke Tobin deserves the lion-share of the credit, and Troy (Katie's husband) would be the runner-up. Katie has been influential, and signs the checks, but Duke, and Troy to a lesser extent, have been fantastic over the last half decade.

The deal is now official and signed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.