August 17, 201412 yr I know the game is on delay and you really only need to watch the 1st quarter and a little of the 2nd. The Bengals pulled starters after building a 17-3 lead. The really, really , really good Andy Dalton showed up. 8-8; 1 Td; 144 yards. The 43 yard TD to Sanu is the best throw I have ever seen him make. He also had a rope for about 30-40 yards to AJ that lead to Gio's TD run. The Good - 1st Team Off and Def. Newman had a pick against Geno Smith. AD was exceptional. The What You Would Expect -The 2nd team defense played the Jets 1st team in the 2nd quarter and the Jets moved it at will and scored two TD's on them. Our 2nd team offense went against their 1st team defense, also, and only gained 2 yards in 2-3 possessions. The Bad - For two weeks in a row the Special Teams. Tons of penalties and a blocked punt for a safety. This has to get shored up or it will cost them somewhere down teh line.
August 17, 201412 yr Just looking at the stats, we better hope McCarron can be the #2 QB as both backups have been bad. Is it a sign that BJGE only got one carry? I think his time is done in Cincy.
August 17, 201412 yr Author The back up situation is as bad as it has been in Lewis's tenure. I would say if Campbell gets over the wrist injury he will get it, McCarron is still up in the air he hasn't taken one snap in practice, so he is way behind. They may take a look at the waiver wire. For instance, the Jets will not keep Simms and Boyd and there are a few teams like that, but it still won't be good. If Andy goes down, we are in big trouble. The are keeping BJGE around in case of injury to RB's and both Hill and Burkhead got injured last night. Burkhead could be bad with knee and Hill hurt is shoulder. He is insurance that may pay off. If they are healthy, I do think he is gone IMO.
August 17, 201412 yr The back up situation is as bad as it has been in Lewis's tenure. I would say if Campbell gets over the wrist injury he will get it, McCarron is still up in the air he hasn't taken one snap in practice, so he is way behind. They may take a look at the waiver wire. For instance, the Jets will not keep Simms and Boyd and there are a few teams like that, but it still won't be good. If Andy goes down, we are in big trouble. The are keeping BJGE around in case of injury to RB's and both Hill and Burkhead got injured last night. Burkhead could be bad with knee and Hill hurt is shoulder. He is insurance that may pay off. If they are healthy, I do think he is gone IMO. The backup situation is not as bad as it has been during lewis tenure. People are putting way to much stock into campbells one and only preseason game with the bengals. He definitely was bad that day. However he is the best backup by far since kitna left. Hopefully dalton does not get hurt. However if he did it would be good having his experience. Lets not forget if campbell had to play he would be surrounded with alot of playmakers on offense and not guys just trying to make the team like in his first preseason game.
August 17, 201412 yr With thay said I have loved how dalton has looked so far. He just looks very confudent and the play calling has been great.
August 17, 201412 yr Dalton looked great! He had a game like this last year which covered a 3 game strak of looking very good then followed up with some stinkers. Hope he matured enough to leave those stinkers in the past. My main concern before the season once again showed to be a true concern. If any starters on defense goes down we could be in trouble.. The backups on defense are horrid. For a team that has been touted as one of the deepest and most talented is false. Whenever the backups come in we see failure more times than not. That is not a sign of deep and talented, it is however a sign of poor coaching IMO.
August 17, 201412 yr Dalton looked great! He had a game like this last year which covered a 3 game strak of looking very good then followed up with some stinkers. Hope he matured enough to leave those stinkers in the past. My main concern before the season once again showed to be a true concern. If any starters on defense goes down we could be in trouble.. The backups on defense are horrid. For a team that has been touted as one of the deepest and most talented is false. Whenever the backups come in we see failure more times than not. That is not a sign of deep and talented, it is however a sign of poor coaching IMO. So your using two preseason games to validate your argument that they are not deep to prove you are right, when they proved your statement wrong all year last year? As they say on ESPN, Come on man....The non starters as a whole has sucked so far this pre-season no doubt about that. However you do realize there is what 90 guys on the roster now, and that only 53 make the roster with only 45 active on game days. So right now we have 2nd string guys mixed in with guys who won't even make the team, and you act like that proves something? Once again your better than that. They proved last year that they do have good enough guys behind the starters to plug in when key starters get hurt. Now if every single starter on offense and defense gets hurt then it may be problem lol. However there is enough depth and talent to plug in guys to start with the other starters, and that was proved last year.
August 17, 201412 yr Author So your using two preseason games to validate your argument that they are not deep to prove you are right, when they proved your statement wrong all year last year? As they say on ESPN, Come on man....The non starters as a whole has sucked so far this pre-season no doubt about that. However you do realize there is what 90 guys on the roster now, and that only 53 make the roster with only 45 active on game days. So right now we have 2nd string guys mixed in with guys who won't even make the team, and you act like that proves something? Once again your better than that. They proved last year that they do have good enough guys behind the starters to plug in when key starters get hurt. Now if every single starter on offense and defense gets hurt then it may be problem lol. However there is enough depth and talent to plug in guys to start with the other starters, and that was proved last year. Depth - DB's yes LB's ok DE's ok DT's no, in fact awful OL - 1 or 2 maybe WR's Yes RB - No QB- No TE - OK Even going to 53 they have depth issues.
August 17, 201412 yr The weather was perfect for the game. My only complaint was they locked the bathroom before the game was over. Jeez... I thought Dalton looked great. My only mini complaint was on the pass to Sanu for the TD. It opened up way before Dalton threw the ball. Dalton waited and the Jets Safety just couldn't get there. Unlike last week, Dalton was right on with all his passes, impressive. I also was impressed with Sanu. He looks like such a freak athlete and when he is on it is very difficult for one defender to stop him. To the negative. I am still concerned about Huber, he did have one really nice punt but he is still not pre-injury Huber. Maualuga looked stiff in the hips and slow. I think he makes the team this year because we don't have much outside of Burfict but his weeks are numbered. On top of the fumble I am still not impressed with Sanzenbacher as a return man. He just doesn't have it. Maybe as a #5 WR but that is the glass ceiling. Outside of Geno the Bengals stink at DT. Someone has to step up and Geno has to stay healthy for us to have a consistent run defense. I don't get all the Rah Rah about Hunt. I think the Bengals would be better suited to let him put on 60 pounds and play DT at 6'8" 350. ========================== I am with many of you. The Bengals have to stay healthy because depth is an issue on this team.
August 17, 201412 yr So your using two preseason games to validate your argument that they are not deep to prove you are right, when they proved your statement wrong all year last year? As they say on ESPN, Come on man....The non starters as a whole has sucked so far this pre-season no doubt about that. However you do realize there is what 90 guys on the roster now, and that only 53 make the roster with only 45 active on game days. So right now we have 2nd string guys mixed in with guys who won't even make the team, and you act like that proves something? Once again your better than that. They proved last year that they do have good enough guys behind the starters to plug in when key starters get hurt. Now if every single starter on offense and defense gets hurt then it may be problem lol. However there is enough depth and talent to plug in guys to start with the other starters, and that was proved last year. I said before the team could be in trouble if any starters went down because the backups do not look good What do you think the 2games showed? I mean aren't we allowed to comment on what we saw? I am pretty sure you have. Now you say they proved me wrong last year....you sure you want to go down that road again after I crushed you in that debate again? I will end that debate again with just these 2 stats to prove you were so wrong when you said this team was the most talented last year. Proof #1 The most talented team doesn't lose to the #6 seeded team in the first round of the playoffs Proof #2 The most talented team doesn't have the fewest Pro Bowl selections in their own division Now FC, if you aren't supposed to comment on pre season games,I am expecting you to stay out of this forum until the season starts
August 17, 201412 yr I am with many of you. The Bengals have to stay healthy because depth is an issue on this team. Shhhhhhhhhh, FC says we are again one of the deepest and most talented teams again lol
August 17, 201412 yr Author Shhhhhhhhhh, FC says we are again one of the deepest and most talented teams again lol On no, let him stay. I mean, he is the only one that knows everything about our Bengals. How am I going to figure it out and form an opinion without FC?
August 18, 201412 yr I said before the team could be in trouble if any starters went down because the backups do not look good What do you think tit. e 2games showed? I mean aren't we allowed to comment on what we saw? I am pretty sure you have. Now you say they proved me wrong last year....you sure you want to go down that road again after I crushed you in that debate again? I will end that debate again with just these 2 stats to prove you were so wrong when you said this team was the most talented last year. Proof #1 The most talented team doesn't lose to the #6 seeded team in the first round of the playoffs Proof #2 The most talented team doesn't have the fewest Pro Bowl selections in their own division Now FC, if you aren't supposed to comment on pre season games,I am expecting you to stay out of this forum until the season starts Crush me last year? You cant be serious? Coming from the man who didnt even think they make the playoffs last year. Yep once again wrong on that. Actually if I remember correctly I pulled up many things threads you were wrong on last year about the team which made you in turn send some nice private messages because of how mad you were for bringing those things up on how you were wrong lol Also you are still the king at taking things and making your arguments on what you wish was said. I even pulled that thread up last year that started It when I said they were the most talented team since thr last bengals super bowl team. Also said one of the most talented in the league. Hmmm where did they finish in the nfl in offense and defense? Thats right the top 10 in both offense and defense which showed more talented than the 2005 team too btw. They did that while having key injuries which also showed the depth. So yeah I think last season crushed you not me. The main argument you have right now is two preseason games haha.
August 18, 201412 yr On no, let him stay. I mean, he is the only one that knows everything about our Bengals. How am I going to figure it out and form an opinion without FC? Well since people had no problem tearing at me about my opinions and get on me when I am wrong like when I was wrong on palmer four years ago. Then yes I will make sure I do the same too. Especially when the bengals have backed my stance much more than others especially in terms on well they would do over the last three years. They did once again last year too. As far as hellbird is concerned the year he joined he came in telling people how they should feel about the bengals. So thats why its even more with him on things since thats how he came in.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.