Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jets 25 Bengals 17

Featured Replies

Depth -

DB's yes

LB's ok

DE's ok

DT's no, in fact awful

OL - 1 or 2 maybe

WR's Yes

RB - No

QB- No

TE - OK

 

Even going to 53 they have depth issues.

 

Agree with everything but runningback. How do they not have depth at rb?

 

At qb the bengals are.like most in the league which is in trouble if the starter goes down. Even though I rather have campbell than alot of other backups currently.

  • Author
Agree with everything but runningback. How do they not have depth at rb?

 

At qb the bengals are.like most in the league which is in trouble if the starter goes down. Even though I rather have campbell than alot of other backups currently.

 

They have nothing that scares anybody besides Gio, BJGE is pretty much done and not a real threat, Peerman is there for Special Teams (which he is a stud); Burkhead is unproven and now hurt and Hill is a rookie with really no body of work. If Hill develops, then I will feel better there. IMO losing Gio would be a huge loss with really no one like him or close to his skill set on the team.

Great joke from our priest last night as Mass was getting over.........August and September are the worst months, because the Bengals and Reds both play. :lol2:

Crush me last year? You cant be serious? Coming from the man who didnt even think they make the playoffs last year. Yep once again wrong on that. Actually if I remember correctly I pulled up many things threads you were wrong on last year about the team which made you in turn send some nice private messages because of how mad you were for bringing those things up on how you were wrong lol

 

Also you are still the king at taking things and making your arguments on what you wish was said. I even pulled that thread up last year that started It when I said they were the most talented team since thr last bengals super bowl team. Also said one of the most talented in the league. Hmmm where did they finish in the nfl in offense and defense? Thats right the top 10 in both offense and defense which showed more talented than the 2005 team too btw. They did that while having key injuries which also showed the depth.

 

So yeah I think last season crushed you not me. The main argument you have right now is two preseason games haha.

They are still the only team in the NFL never to win a playoff game in the last 20+ years. How's that for the most talented team? lol

Well since people had no problem tearing at me about my opinions and get on me when I am wrong like when I was wrong on palmer four years ago. Then yes I will make sure I do the same too. Especially when the bengals have backed my stance much more than others especially in terms on well they would do over the last three years. They did once again last year too.

 

As far as hellbird is concerned the year he joined he came in telling people how they should feel about the bengals. So thats why its even more with him on things since thats how he came in.

I tried to help you out that first year yet you didn't listen and now 3 years later you are wishing you would have listened because yes, I was right 0-3 in post season. :)

3 years ago I said the O-line was being ignored and was the weak link , I was told I was wrong...the very next yr everyone said the OL was the weakest link. 2 years ago I said Dalton wasn't progressing and couldn't handle pressure in the pocket and in big games, last year you finally agreed with me on Dalton and his inconsistencies. This year my biggest fear is lack of depth on Defense, you again disagree. So lets let it play out, and once again I hope I am wrong.

Let's just sit and watch the season play out.

 

I actually have a feeling inside that if they make it to the playoffs this year it will be the year they end their post season winless streak.

  • Author
Let's just sit and watch the season play out.

 

I actually have a feeling inside that if they make it to the playoffs this year it will be the year they end their post season winless streak.

 

I am glad you have that feeling because I don't. Barring injuries to QB and RB, I think this will be the best offense since 2005 and probably better. Defensively, I just don't think they will be as good. Atkins will probably not be himself early and sometimes it takes until the second year to fully recover. Guenther is an unproven commodity. I had a lot of trust in Zimmer. i think that is a big hole to fill.

 

I believe the Steelers will be much better, the Ravens the same, maybe a little better, and the Browns a little better. Playing the NFC South is tough and also the 1st place teams in the AFC is no cake walk.

I tried to help you out that first year yet you didn't listen and now 3 years later you are wishing you would have listened because yes, I was right 0-3 in post season. :)

3 years ago I said the O-line was being ignored and was the weak link , I was told I was wrong...the very next yr everyone said the OL was the weakest link. 2 years ago I said Dalton wasn't progressing and couldn't handle pressure in the pocket and in big games, last year you finally agreed with me on Dalton and his inconsistencies. This year my biggest fear is lack of depth on Defense, you again disagree. So lets let it play out, and once again I hope I am wrong.

 

And I was wrong where? He still haven't seemed to grasp that I never once predicted a post season win. I have asked you countless times to show me where I have said such a thing and you never did. My main thing I have said once you are in the post season anything can happen.

 

As for Dalton I never said Dalton didn't have inconsistencies. What I did say though it was to soon to come to a true judgement on him after rookie year with no training camp and then after his second year. Now year three as I said from the beginning was a year we could come to a much better judgement on him. Which while he did get better and more consistent in areas against average teams, he still did suck in the big games. Which even though you didn't think they would make the post season last year and I did. We both did say that if they did make it, it would depend on him for how far they would go.

 

As for this year the lack of depth on defense doesn't scare me besides the DT position. Geno Atkins is great, and Brandon Thompson IMO is pretty good and did a good job filling in for him. However I am agreement with you on Peko and feel like they shouldn't have extended him, and well Still so far has been a bust. So DT is the only spot on defense where depth is truly a concern for me. At linebacker we have a pretty good one in Vincent Ray backing them up. However obviously if Burfict gets hurt we are screwed, just like most teams would be if an all pro player type got hurt.

Let's just sit and watch the season play out.

 

I actually have a feeling inside that if they make it to the playoffs this year it will be the year they end their post season winless streak.

 

My prediction still remains the same as last year. Which is they have the talent but it will all come down to the play of Dalton. Which so far Dalton has looked great, and hopefully having Hue will continue to help his development. If his play improves in the big games, then there is no reason why this team shouldn't win a playoff game and hopefully playoff games.

I am glad you have that feeling because I don't. Barring injuries to QB and RB, I think this will be the best offense since 2005 and probably better. Defensively, I just don't think they will be as good. Atkins will probably not be himself early and sometimes it takes until the second year to fully recover. Guenther is an unproven commodity. I had a lot of trust in Zimmer. i think that is a big hole to fill.

 

I believe the Steelers will be much better, the Ravens the same, maybe a little better, and the Browns a little better. Playing the NFC South is tough and also the 1st place teams in the AFC is no cake walk.

 

I do agree with you about the Steelers. I think they will be the team the Bengals will be competing with for the division this year. The Steelers should be much better this year, and whats crazy is they are a fluke missed field last year from making the playoffs last year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.