August 5, 201412 yr The Duke Blue Devils have already landed 5 star wing guard Luke Kennard and just moments ago added 5 star poward forward Chase Jeter to this class. Is small forward Brandon Ingram the next 5 star to commit to Duke? He makes his official visitto Duke on August 7-9. After the 2014 class of Grayson Allen, Justice Winslow, Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor and three of those players projected as first round picks in the 2015 NBA Draft is there a new Coach Kal on the college basketball recruiting scene? I think yes!!!!!!
August 5, 201412 yr Coach K is doing some work. Makes me wonder what's changed over the past few years, especially after Coach Cal winning a title in 12.
August 5, 201412 yr Author Coach K is doing some work. Makes me wonder what's changed over the past few years, especially after Coach Cal winning a title in 12. I want to say the only thing that has changed is the kids are choosing Duke over other schools now. I'm assuming he's always gone after these kids but now they are actually choosing Duke. At the same time it does seem like something has changed. If Duke has changed its recruiting philosophy it is definitely Cal-influenced. The one and done era has changed a lot of things.
August 5, 201412 yr I want to say the only thing that has changed is the kids are choosing Duke over other schools now. I'm assuming he's always gone after these kids but now they are actually choosing Duke. At the same time it does seem like something has changed. If Duke has changed its recruiting philosophy it is definitely Cal-influenced. The one and done era has changed a lot of things. I agree, but like you and I said something has changed and I'm not sure what it is/was.
August 5, 201412 yr The Duke Blue Devils have already landed 5 star wing guard Luke Kennard and just moments ago added 5 star poward forward Chase Jeter to this class. Is small forward Brandon Ingram the next 5 star to commit to Duke? He makes his official visitto Duke on August 7-9. After the 2014 class of Grayson Allen, Justice Winslow, Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor and three of those players projected as first round picks in the 2015 NBA Draft is there a new Coach Kal on the college basketball recruiting scene? I think yes!!!!!! Several schools wanting his services. He plans to also visit UK and Kansas.
August 5, 201412 yr The Duke Blue Devils have already landed 5 star wing guard Luke Kennard and just moments ago added 5 star poward forward Chase Jeter to this class. Is small forward Brandon Ingram the next 5 star to commit to Duke? He makes his official visitto Duke on August 7-9. After the 2014 class of Grayson Allen, Justice Winslow, Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor and three of those players projected as first round picks in the 2015 NBA Draft is there a new Coach Kal on the college basketball recruiting scene? I think yes!!!!!! Not gonna lie I'm still salty about Kennard choosing DUKE.
August 5, 201412 yr Several schools wanting his services. He plans to also visit UK and Kansas. Will be surprised if he doesn't end up at Duke...
August 5, 201412 yr Love to see the 'benchmark' schools spout their junk about one and done kids with their holier than thou attitude only to backtrack after embarrassing losses in the tourney. Now, all of a sudden, K is interested in the same kids he thought were the ruination of college basketball. In the end, its all hypocrisy.
August 5, 201412 yr Kennard will be around a while and Jeter needs a couple years as well, but with his size I could see him leaving after a year if he plays well. No one is mistaking either for Wall or Anthony Davis...
August 5, 201412 yr I want to say the only thing that has changed is the kids are choosing Duke over other schools now. I'm assuming he's always gone after these kids but now they are actually choosing Duke. At the same time it does seem like something has changed. If Duke has changed its recruiting philosophy it is definitely Cal-influenced. The one and done era has changed a lot of things. While Cal has undoubtedly been the recruiting king, I've always thought K was right there with him. Maybe Bill Self too.
August 5, 201412 yr K was one of the coaches spouting about the evils of 1 and done, specifically about how kids should play for an education, not a career in the NBA. As is typical, he has changed his tune when the talent starting arriving in Lexington consistently. And don't get me started on the Boogie/Plumlee thing...lol.
August 5, 201412 yr Author Love to see the 'benchmark' schools spout their junk about one and done kids with their holier than thou attitude only to backtrack after embarrassing losses in the tourney. Now, all of a sudden, K is interested in the same kids he thought were the ruination of college basketball. In the end, its all hypocrisy. Sigh....He's always gone after those kids. They just choose Duke now. You can go back to 1999 and he has gone after kids that were only going to stick around 1 or 2 years. He even had a commitment from one who went straight to the pros, Shaun Livingston. You are confusing coaches criticizing the system with the myth that they don't or wouldn't go after all the top kids. If you do the research he's always gone after those kids but I understand it is much easier to sit back make assumptions about Coach Kal that fits your agenda.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.