Who are the best boys teams in NKY?

I really really like Cooper's Adam Snow. Sophomore gem!

Hopefully he can score a goal against CCH, he would then be in the running for the best player in NKY, "statistically" speaking of course. :lol2:

Snow changed Clubs this past soccer season, he is now playing at KHA on their U14 Red team that participated in the National League and MRL Premier I Division. I believe this weekend he is taking part in the US Youth Soccer Region II ODP Showcase and ID Camp.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has NDA been mentioned? Aren't they the defending State Champs?

The second post in this thread lists CCH as #1.

So no, I don't think that we will see NDA in this thread. :)

There was an NKY Girls thread started so look for that in the soccer forum.

(I will edit this title.)

• 4 weeks later...
You mention the 2011-2012 team of CCH. The Talkers kid and that CCH team are the most talented team CCH has ever had...period...

It has been a few years, but I think both of those teams were preseason #1 in NKY. :banana:

It never gets old. :D

You mention the 2011-2012 team of CCH. The Talkers kid and that CCH team are the most talented team CCH has ever had...period...

And, evidently you think it is the most talented team they will ever have. You must be clairvoyant.

Think about what they could have done if they had a coach that knew how to spell "soccer" let alone coach it. The current coach takes that team to the finals........

Think about what they could have done if they had a coach that knew how to spell "soccer" let alone coach it. The current coach takes that team to the finals........

Since I don't believe that team had lost before the regional final game, how exactly did the coach loose that game versus NCC? Were there kids who shouldn't have beeen playing? Bad substitution patterns that game? What was his role in the loss?

It has been a few years, but I think both of those teams were preseason #1 in NKY. :banana:

It never gets old. :D

Preseason #1 in N. Ky. I don't recall if they were or not..........but they were ranked #1 in the state for most of that season until being upset in the regional final. The Colonels have lost twice in the state championship game, 1983 and 1998. That 2011 team was talented but I wouldn't put them up there with some of the teams of the past simply because they did not advance.

It seems you have an issue w/ CCH being ranked highly so often but maybe that is due to their past accomplishments. In soccer their record is unmatched in N. Ky. Two state runner-ups, 9 times advancing to the state semi-finals, 16 regional championships and 545 overall victories.

Who are the favorites to win their district?

I think it's CCH's title to lose. I'm having a hard time coming up with a team anywhere in the state that's going to be as good as CCH will be this year.

I would not agree with the assessment that the coach lost the game. They simply could not finish a goal off that game and let NCC hang around and lost. The small, bumpy field at Campbell County certainly didn't play to their strength and they didn't adjust. I recall Grosser made a lot of saves for NCC in that game. They could have and should have done better.

Wasn't Johnny Gompper national Gatorade Player of the Year in 1985? Evan Talkers was a great player, and I wish he had ended up at Xavier (to follow behind Luke Spencer) with what they have going on with collegiate soccer, but I wouldn't put Evan over a player of Gompper's stature.

Wasn't Johnny Gompper national Gatorade Player of the Year in 1985? Evan Talkers was a great player, and I wish he had ended up at Xavier (to follow behind Luke Spencer) with what they have going on with collegiate soccer, but I wouldn't put Evan over a player of Gompper's stature.

John Gomper was a fine player and started as a sophomore on the 1983 state runner-up team. Evan was also a good player obviously but they were different types of players and comparisons are hard. Evan was much bigger/faster/more athletic but John was more skilled. Just my opinion but I saw them both play many times. I don't recall if John received the Gatorade player award but I would not put him above or below Evan. Both very good players.

Preseason #1 in N. Ky. I don't recall if they were or not..........but they were ranked #1 in the state for most of that season until being upset in the regional final. The Colonels have lost twice in the state championship game, 1983 and 1998. That 2011 team was talented but I wouldn't put them up there with some of the teams of the past simply because they did not advance.

It seems you have an issue w/ CCH being ranked highly so often but maybe that is due to their past accomplishments. In soccer their record is unmatched in N. Ky. Two state runner-ups, 9 times advancing to the state semi-finals, 16 regional championships and 545 overall victories.

I am just having fun. :)

Both Cov. Cath and NDA have the best talent in NKY, which typically drives high expectations (preseason ranking's). In recent years for NDA that has equated to regional championships and extended runs in the post season. For Cov. Cath it just simply hasn't. I know the situations aren't entirely the same (the gap between NDA's talent and everyone else is bigger); however, given the talent level and expectations at Cov. Cath, it would be hard to characterize repeated preseason #1 ranking's coupled with short post season runs as anything other than underachieving.

With that said, I do think the gap between Cov. Cath and everyone else is signficant this year.