Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 2014

Featured Replies

What does Simon Kenton need to do to improve in 2014? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 159
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see SK running the table during the regular season. They will be challenged by CC but that is it. I think they should bolster their schedule a bit to prepare better for the post season. Going undefeated means nothing if you can't win the big prize. Sometimes losing to better programs will help them learn adversity rather than being over confident by winning a less than strong schedule. Until then, SK will be chasing the T's, St X's, Male's, and Scott County's of the world.

I expect this team to be more a run first/pass second ball control team. The offensive line is huge and the RB is special.

I expect this team to be more a run first/pass second ball control team. The offensive line is huge and the RB is special.

 

That makes sense and it gives the new QB time to adjust to the position without having to carry the load.

I see SK running the table during the regular season. They will be challenged by CC but that is it. I think they should bolster their schedule a bit to prepare better for the post season. Going undefeated means nothing if you can't win the big prize. Sometimes losing to better programs will help them learn adversity rather than being over confident by winning a less than strong schedule. Until then, SK will be chasing the T's, St X's, Male's, and Scott County's of the world.

 

Dixie, Campbell and Ryle will all be formidable this year. I don't see an undefeated regular season happening this year. As Bandit has pointed out several times, the current scheduling cycle was made after a 2-9 season. I expect the program to step up its scheduling in the next cycle.

That makes sense and it gives the new QB time to adjust to the position without having to carry the load.

 

Kuntz had some serious struggles as a Sophomore and developed into a fine QB. However, he didn't have Powell either. I agree that Dillon will take a lot of pressure off of Cam and allow him to develop without the ups./downs that Kuntz had.

So the SK QB is set? I was thinking someone had mentioned a couple candiates.

So the SK QB is set? I was thinking someone had mentioned a couple candiates.

 

My assumption is that Cam will start. He's been groomed for that position since he was young. Only thing that could impact that, IMO, is an injury to Powell. In that case, a move to RB may be needed although I would doubt it.

My assumption is that Cam will start. He's been groomed for that position since he was young. Only thing that could impact that, IMO, is an injury to Powell. In that case, a move to RB may be needed although I would doubt it.

 

Sounds like he is a dual threat type of QB? If so will they alter their offense to use that threat to make Powell even more dangerous? I'm thinking some of the option type offenses I've seen where the QB has the tools to either run or pass.

Sounds like he is a dual threat type of QB? If so will they alter their offense to use that threat to make Powell even more dangerous? I'm thinking some of the option type offenses I've seen where the QB has the tools to either run or pass.

 

Cam is more of the Chad Lawrence type of QB than the Kuntz type. Chad was run first guy that could throw the ball. Brennan was a throw first guy that could run. Cam is smaller and quicker than Kuntz so you may see more play action/screens.

My assumption is that Cam will start. He's been groomed for that position since he was young. Only thing that could impact that, IMO, is an injury to Powell. In that case, a move to RB may be needed although I would doubt it.

 

No way Racke is ever moved to running back. If there is an injury there they would slide Heflin who played it some last year in or Dylan Hampton the sophomore would step in.

No way Racke is ever moved to running back. If there is an injury there they would slide Heflin who played it some last year in or Dylan Hampton the sophomore would step in.

 

Without Powell, Cam becomes more of a running QB than he is with Powell in the game for sure. Neither Heflin or Hampton are the runner that Cam is.

Kuntz had some serious struggles as a Sophomore and developed into a fine QB. However, he didn't have Powell either. I agree that Dillon will take a lot of pressure off of Cam and allow him to develop without the ups./downs that Kuntz had.

Racks is way ahead physically as a sophomore than BK was at the same time.

Racks is way ahead physically as a sophomore than BK was at the same time.

 

Kuntz struggled with confidence more so than his size/strength. Cam won't struggle with confidence.

Kuntz struggled with confidence more so than his size/strength. Cam won't struggle with confidence.

BK was small and skinny but he continued to grow. If I remember correctly he was barely six feet and about a #150 pounds.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.