Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

US Marine in Mexican prison!!!

Featured Replies

Ok, thank you.

 

I had never claimed that the 911 call was the sole basis of the report, and understand that would be quite a ridiculous claim when they interviewed the witness who initially made the call. That was never the point. Let's put this to rest and just agree to disagree.

 

 

Back to the topic at hand, this is an unfortunate incident and it seems like the former-Marine in question was the victim of a good faith mistake. I hope he is vindicated and wish that he didn't have to spend time in a Mexican prison, especially considering some of the nonsense that goes on there.

 

Thank you. I was hoping we'd get there eventually.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your going to have to give me specifics of other cases otherwise I have no way to see the similarities . But if your asking me if I want to go to great lengths to defend a mans freedom who put his life on the line for mine then yes I want to leave no stone unturned.

I pray that all people can be returned to their home country and if there is any consequences they could face those in their own country, but what about the prisoners we hold? Would we give them up?

 

I will say that yes, this soldier is like most of the over 2 dozen US citizens each month who get arrested each month bringing weapons into Mexico, that it was an honest mistake. But I am sure some in the other country wouldn't be too sure he wasn't on a mission. But, if we help out the soldier for his honest mistake, then don't we owe it to the other US citizens who are being held for the same reason to help them as well?

 

I am sure the US is doing what they can, same thing happened in 2012 with another soldier. But I still stand by if we help one, we help them all.

Thank you. I was hoping we'd get there eventually.

 

Hahaha, but I digress.

I pray that all people can be returned to their home country and if there is any consequences they could face those in their own country, but what about the prisoners we hold? Would we give them up?

 

I will say that yes, this soldier is like most of the over 2 dozen US citizens each month who get arrested each month bringing weapons into Mexico, that it was an honest mistake. But I am sure some in the other country wouldn't be too sure he wasn't on a mission. But, if we help out the soldier for his honest mistake, then don't we owe it to the other US citizens who are being held for the same reason to help them as well?

 

I am sure the US is doing what they can, same thing happened in 2012 with another soldier. But I still stand by if we help one, we help them all.

 

Agreed.

I pray that all people can be returned to their home country and if there is any consequences they could face those in their own country, but what about the prisoners we hold? Would we give them up?

 

I will say that yes, this soldier is like most of the over 2 dozen US citizens each month who get arrested each month bringing weapons into Mexico, that it was an honest mistake. But I am sure some in the other country wouldn't be too sure he wasn't on a mission. But, if we help out the soldier for his honest mistake, then don't we owe it to the other US citizens who are being held for the same reason to help them as well?

 

I am sure the US is doing what they can, same thing happened in 2012 with another soldier. But I still stand by if we help one, we help them all.

Absolutely help them all!!!

I so think we have enough pull to have then all released and have Mexico start showing leniency towards future US citizens who make an honest mistake. All we have to do is threaded to put troops, well National Guards all along the border. Even regular Mexicans are getting arms now. But no administration, D or R will do it!

I so think we have enough pull to have then all released and have Mexico start showing leniency towards future US citizens who make an honest mistake. All we have to do is threaded to put troops, well National Guards all along the border. Even regular Mexicans are getting arms now. But no administration, D or R will do it!

 

 

That's a very large, rural border to man. Driving from El Paso to Texarkana is a 12 hour drive without leaving the state, and is still going to be a shorter distance to cover than if you basically drove along the border. Between Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California, we're talking about a whole lot of land to cover.

 

Also, I'm sure the nation could also probably get him released, but sadly, we don't know what kind of bargaining chip Mexico might be using him as either-- I'm guessing that they are probably asking for something in return.

The Mexican government who can not and will not get some of the worlds most vicious and well armed drug cartels under control; makes no effort to stop illegal entry of its citizens into the US; did nothing when the US administration was running guns into its country, without its knowledge or cooperation has now arrested an American Citizen who by the very nature of the behavior of the Mexican government itself was being prudent to be armed in the area it he was in. The outrageous actions of the Mexican government make this situation laughable at best.

Also, I'm sure the nation could also probably get him released, but sadly, we don't know what kind of bargaining chip Mexico might be using him as either-- I'm guessing that they are probably asking for something in return.

This...just wondering what or how much they are asking for

This...just wondering what or how much they are asking for

 

I would think that a good guess might be: the release of one of their own... who probably isn't in prison because he accidentally took a wrong turn.

  • Author
This...just wondering what or how much they are asking for

 

Higher pay for illegal immigrants. Better benefits for illegals.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.