May 8, 201412 yr Rumor the Giants would consider Manziel if he's available at 12. I don't believe it. Depends on how long term they're thinking. They could sit him to learn behind Eli for 3-4 years, then take over when Eli retires. He'd have time to mature and learn the game. I just don't think too many NFL teams would be willing to make that kind of investment these days though.
May 8, 201412 yr McShay: Maziel is top player on Cowboys Draft Board Please let this happen. The entertainment value would be priceless.
May 8, 201412 yr Rumor the Giants would consider Manziel if he's available at 12. I don't believe it. I think it's a smokescreen....If they can convince a team like the Browns that they're seriously considering him, the Browns may make an offer of the 26th and 35th picks for #12. Or even better the 26th and a future 1st rounder.
May 8, 201412 yr Probably right UK. I think the Giants are still committed to Eli. Maybe they couldn't pass up Manziel if they have him rates pretty high.
May 8, 201412 yr How many draft pick trades will we see, over/under at 4 in the first round IMO. I'll say over.
May 8, 201412 yr Seems mostly everybody in the top 5 is looking to trade down and you have a few teams like the Niners and Jets who have over 10 draft picks they could package to move up. I tend to trust Mayock over Kiper and if he has Donald falling to the Bengals at 24, I wouldn't hesitate and take him. If not, I say the Bengals must get younger at corner since it seems Kirkpatrick isn't going to live up to the hype.
May 8, 201412 yr The Bengals recent strategy of drafting best available regardless of position has seemed to work really well. I hope they continue with that method.
May 8, 201412 yr The Bengals recent strategy of drafting best available regardless of position has seemed to work really well. I hope they continue with that method. I hope someone falls through the cracks to them like they have been... I'm not near as excited about a Roby or Ealy as I would be with a Dennard, Gilbert, Clinton-Dix, Pryor, Donald, etc. Not to say those other guys won't be good players. Just don't think they have the grade the others do... Cinci has been fortunate the last few years to have a situation like this happen.
May 8, 201412 yr Author Looks like the Bucs aren't taking Manziel at 7 either. He could fall out of the top 10. If he does I fully expect the Browns to trade up for him.
May 8, 201412 yr Author If you're the Browns would you rather have: Manziel and Marquis Lee/Beckham-JR. or have Watkins and Carr/Bridgewater
May 8, 201412 yr Watkins and Carr without question. You get the better QB and better WR IMO. From the sounds of it however, Jake Matthews may be the guy at #4. That would be a total Browns move IMO.
May 8, 201412 yr Aaron Rodgers was expected to go #1 the day of, and fell all the way to #24. Many thought it was a lock until maybe a few hours before I believe.... Maybe not even that long. Maybe my memory is a little fuzzy with this because I don't remember this for sure. However I don't remember Rodgers being close to a lock for the 1st pick, I thought I even remembered them saying the week of that Smith looked to be the #1 pick. However if that is true that he was considered almost a lock to be #1 then Bridgewater doesn't even compare. Because the Bridgewater going #1 days basically went away once the off season evaluation process started.
May 8, 201412 yr Seems mostly everybody in the top 5 is looking to trade down and you have a few teams like the Niners and Jets who have over 10 draft picks they could package to move up. I tend to trust Mayock over Kiper and if he has Donald falling to the Bengals at 24, I wouldn't hesitate and take him. If not, I say the Bengals must get younger at corner since it seems Kirkpatrick isn't going to live up to the hype. I would love it if Donald falls to the Bengals.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.